This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you STILL want to keep IV's?

#91perfectchaos83Posted 3/8/2014 2:24:46 PM
Rainbowgloom posted...
imperfectchaos83, you are absolute idiot if you can see the benefits for an HP shop. No one cares about inner potential if people always drool over perfect pokemon. I done go be a mindless fool as much as you like.

I must have struck a bone with you if you're tossing insults around. This is absolutely hilarious.

And yes, People do care about Pokemon's inner potential, it's GF. and nothing you say will change that fact.

Cry more~
---
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb303/metallic_trance/NuAndMare.png
Many thanks to Metallic_Trance! :3
#92ExcaliburOwnerPosted 3/8/2014 2:29:01 PM
I don't think GF can actually remove IVs now, or else they'd have to cut all ties with old games (like Gen III did). And I guess people would rather suffer with IVs than being not able to transfer their team to a new game.

But I totally agree that Super Training should be able to train IVs too. There could be mini-games that give you 1 point, one that gives 3 and one that gives you 5. That way, you can change your Hidden Power just by training your Pokemon's IV.

GF knows that the IV system is faulty, or else they wouldn't have made breeding easier this Gen. So they should actually remove all the randomness of it all and make their IVs upgradeable like the EVs are. The good thing about this idea is that the people who like breeding can still breed (much like people who likes to EV train by battling wild Pokémon can still do it nowadays).
---
"You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!"
"Perhaps the same could be said of all religions."
#93CountPopeulaPosted 3/8/2014 2:31:04 PM
perfectchaos83 posted...
Being able to change Hidden Power defeats it's actual purpose. It's meant to be the Pokemon's inner power, not something that can be changed willy nilly.

SilentS89 posted...
CountPopeula posted...
Hidden Power can be represented by a single hex byte. Shininess used to be determined by stats as well. There's absolutely no reason HP can't be changed to be it's own value, especially with the space freed by removing IVs.

This, people seem to think that IVs are in anyway a necessity are simply lacking creativity.

So instead of actually having a way to somewhat control HP type, you'd like to make it worse and completely randomize it? Congrats on making HP even harder to breed for.

Actually, my idea would be to have Destiny Knot pass on HP type 100% of the time. It wouldn't be doing anything if IVs were gone. Or give each pokemon a 50-50 chance of passing on its HP type.

But even completely random would be less time-consuming than it is now, assuming you're not breeding with a hacked ditto.

Also, I'd gladly take Hidden Power being harder to breed for over keeping IVs. When you consider the number of pokemon who use hidden power, it's an overall win.
---
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
#94SilentS89Posted 3/8/2014 2:32:48 PM
Byxis7 posted...
Its the truth. I'd rather lose battles because I made a bad play or I was out predicted by my opponent. But I'll never tolerate using imperfect Pokemon on account of their IV's being jacked up. That is completely and utterly unacceptable to me. I like to win, and there's nothing wrong with that. But naturally I'm not going to battle with anything that isn't 100% absolute perfection when it comes to IV's. I mean, you wouldn't bring an old rusty hand gun to a serious gun fight would you?

While this isn't a politically correct statement, it is an accurate one. Battles should be won or lost on the trainer's merits not those of his pokemon. If your pokemon isn't perfect it will lose matches that a perfect pokemon wouldn't. That is unacceptable for any serious and informed trainer.
#95ZeldaTPLinkPosted 3/8/2014 2:48:55 PM(edited)
SilentS89 posted...
Byxis7 posted...
Its the truth. I'd rather lose battles because I made a bad play or I was out predicted by my opponent. But I'll never tolerate using imperfect Pokemon on account of their IV's being jacked up. That is completely and utterly unacceptable to me. I like to win, and there's nothing wrong with that. But naturally I'm not going to battle with anything that isn't 100% absolute perfection when it comes to IV's. I mean, you wouldn't bring an old rusty hand gun to a serious gun fight would you?

While this isn't a politically correct statement, it is an accurate one. Battles should be won or lost on the trainer's merits not those of his pokemon. If your pokemon isn't perfect it will lose matches that a perfect pokemon wouldn't. That is unacceptable for any serious and informed trainer.

And this why IVs need to go. I'd be so much better if every pokemon was perfect, so all the unecessary grinding wouldn't exist.

Of course, I'm not saying that this should become a 100% battle simulator (we have showdown for this). We can still keep stuff like EV training because they are much faster and actually have to do with pokemon battles.
---
3DS FC: 1865-0018-0383
#96BalloonBattle05(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 3:06:33 PM
ExcaliburOwner posted...
I don't think GF can actually remove IVs now, or else they'd have to cut all ties with old games (like Gen III did). And I guess people would rather suffer with IVs than being not able to transfer their team to a new game.

But I totally agree that Super Training should be able to train IVs too. There could be mini-games that give you 1 point, one that gives 3 and one that gives you 5. That way, you can change your Hidden Power just by training your Pokemon's IV.

GF knows that the IV system is faulty, or else they wouldn't have made breeding easier this Gen. So they should actually remove all the randomness of it all and make their IVs upgradeable like the EVs are. The good thing about this idea is that the people who like breeding can still breed (much like people who likes to EV train by battling wild Pokémon can still do it nowadays).

They only need to make IV's not effect stats.

Problem solved.
---
A GameFAQs user from August 1, 2010 to March 27, 2012.
Known as Megaleg back then.
#97BrasenPosted 3/8/2014 3:47:36 PM
IVs are terrible no matter how you put it. First of all natures, abilities, movesets, and even the different forms/shiny colors do FAR more for a pokemons uniqueness than what IVs will ever do.

Now for a better system. get rid of IVs, rework EVs as such:
1 EV = 1 stat point at LV100
Pokemon can only have a max of 150 EVs.
EVs max out at 60 in one particular stat.

This means you can do anything from +60 in two stats & +30 in the 3rd or to +25 in each stat or whatever in between.

No more useless Pokemon. Training less of a hassle. Casuals/kids are at less of a disadvantage due to ignorance of mechanics. More happy player vs player time.

I also suggest adding a nature capsule so those that care can turn their s***** bank celebii into something useful since you can't breed legendaries.

Your welcome in advance Gamefreak.
#98SilentS89Posted 3/8/2014 3:53:38 PM
Brasen posted...
IVs are terrible no matter how you put it. First of all natures, abilities, movesets, and even the different forms/shiny colors do FAR more for a pokemons uniqueness than what IVs will ever do.

Also, Nicknames, Pokeballs, Pokeball seals (yeah, I know...), Original Trainer.
#99GammagfotPosted 3/8/2014 4:50:41 PM
Np
#100CircleOfManiasPosted 3/8/2014 5:21:40 PM(edited)
Bunselpower posted...
IV's make pokemon like anything else. If you want to be good, you have to put in the effort. You are free to play casually, but you will consistently be beaten by better players. I don't see the problem. I like the game, so I spend part of my free time (especially during the ridiculous winter here) breeding lots and lots of competitive pokemon. I bred a lot in just a month or two, and that's with a full time job and a wife.

If you want to play casually, find players who like to do that. I'm sure they're out there. But your lack of determination and patience shouldn't allow you an even playing field with someone who puts in the time and effort.

That should be based on skill and knowledge, not on a random grind. Look at the difference between a top player and a novice on Showdown. The novice won't stand a chance, why do you think that is?
---
Sick liaisons raise this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park