This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I even bother transferring Dream World Pokemon from Gen V?

#1Mystery_CooperPosted 3/8/2014 8:48:17 AM
Prepping for Gen VI transfer right now and I realized a significant portion of the pokemon I'm transferring are just Dream World females. As I understand, Friend Safari is the source of Pokemon with Hidden Abilities this time around and there's a much bigger selection of them.

So... Yeah, should I bother transferring my DW Females? I imagine there might be a handful of Hidden Ability Pokemon that aren't available normally to Gen VI right now (like Porygon, it seems), but I haven't quite gone through the entire list just yet because of its length.
---
This one's focused! Stay dangerous!
THIS ARE SERIOUS CHAT. I ARE SERIOUS ADMIN. - CJayC
#2OmniMidKnightPosted 3/8/2014 8:51:21 AM
Why worry about it? If you have them transfer them! Beware though that some DW abilities are not the same this gen and will be changed to the new ability.

I'm looking at you chandelure!!
---
Pokemon W: 3825 7871 9422 3DS: 4553 9997 9085
"Keep that bandwagon rollin' because I won't be getting on."
#3NanakoKyokoPosted 3/8/2014 8:52:05 AM
Yes, you can also breed the females to make multiple dream world pokemon in their respective pokeballs which some people do look for. If you like the pokeball, then sure. Other than that maybe not.
---
IGN: Natasha 4227-2096-0383 Psychic Safari: Abra / Wobbu / Giraf
#4Mystery_Cooper(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 8:58:53 AM
OmniMidKnight posted...
If you have them transfer them!

Well... See, most of the Pokemon I intend to transfer are files that I'm uploading to Pokecheck. I uploaded them a long time ago and released them from my game to free up box space. >_> I'd be saving a lot of time by having less pokemon to transfer via Pokecheck.

NanakoKyoko posted...
Yes, you can also breed the females to make multiple dream world pokemon in their respective pokeballs which some people do look for. If you like the pokeball, then sure. Other than that maybe not.

Yeah, breeding for something as irrelevant as the Pokeball doesn't interest me. :/
---
#5Missingno_MastrPosted 3/8/2014 9:00:50 AM
Some are only available by being transferred in, such as Stantler. Serebii's Pokédex will indicate whether transfer is necessary for the Pokémon to have its Hidden Ability.
---
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://gottaglitchemall.smackjeeves.com/
#6Mystery_Cooper(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 9:19:59 AM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
Some are only available by being transferred in, such as Stantler. Serebii's Pokédex will indicate whether transfer is necessary for the Pokémon to have its Hidden Ability.

That would take ridiculous amounts of time to search individually though. Anyways, I just realized I could use the list of unobtainable Pokemon and single out the ones that have Hidden Abilities.
---
#7warnerbromanPosted 3/8/2014 9:26:25 AM
Dram ball animation is vcool
---
1478 4237 6903 Xavier
Flying....you can't stop staring can you?
#8Mystery_Cooper(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 9:46:10 AM
...Am I missing something or can I not change boxes in PokeTransporter? It's only asking me if I want to transfer Box 1. Because this would be ridiculous if I can't.
---
#9warnerbromanPosted 3/8/2014 9:48:23 AM
Nope you have to use only one box
---
1478 4237 6903 Xavier
Flying....you can't stop staring can you?
#10OmniMidKnightPosted 3/8/2014 9:49:11 AM
Every pokemon you want to transfer must be in box 1.
---
Pokemon W: 3825 7871 9422 3DS: 4553 9997 9085
"Keep that bandwagon rollin' because I won't be getting on."