This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RAcast's Pokemon X Nuzlocke

#1RAcastBlasterPosted 3/8/2014 3:48:44 PM
Hi all, this is going to be my first Nuzlocke in quite some time (since Soul Silver, in fact), so I'm looking forward to getting on with it. It'll be most the standard, rules, but with a few changes I think might make things interesting.

First, some basic Rules:
1) If a pokemon Faints, it is considered dead and can no longer be used. It will be put into a box named "Graveyard" or some such. There will also be a box called "Oblivion," which will be explained later.

2) I can only catch the very first* pokemon I see in each 'area.' I define 'areas' by what pokemon show up there. I'll use Mt. Moon as an example: all three levels have different pokemon that show up (or have wildly different chances of showing up), so I considered them all different 'areas,' and therefore could catch three pokemon within Mt. Moon (eg. Zubat on floor 1, Paras on floor 2, and Clefairy on floor 3, as happened in my LG Nuzlocke).

* As an addendum, if I run into a shiny pokemon, I can catch it and use it regardless of when I run into it. I don't expect this to happen, but I'll list it.

3) If the first pokemon in an area is one which I have already caught, I can choose to KO it and catch the first pokemon I run into which I do not already have (eg. I already caught a Zubat on floor 1, but run into Zubat->Zubat->Zubat->Clefairy on floor 3, I can catch the Clefairy).

4) I must nickname all of my pokemon.

5) If I catch a trade-evo pokemon, I may evolve it at my discretion, provided that I have found any required item myself.

6) I can use gifted pokemon.

7) No resetting upon any losses.

8) Battle style is "Set."

Now some of the more unusual rules

9) I cannot freely rotate pokemon in my team. I may add pokemon freely up to 6, but I may only deposit a pokemon upon obtaining a new one. This rule can be temporarily circumvented in the case of HM walls and it will be noted if that happens. This rule can also be circumvented in the case of an un-winnable battle. If I know there is a battle coming up that I cannot win, I can choose to change my party, but I cannot include any of the current pokemon in the new party (eg. If my party is A, B, C, D, E, and F, my new party cannot include any of those six pokemon).

10) Any NPC with an ingame trade is to be considered a "quest-giving" NPC, and I may, at my discretion, seek out the wanted pokemon if it is not already in my possession. I may not go back to previous areas, so the pokemon would have to be captured in a subsequent area. If I choose to go after a "quest pokemon," I have to go into that area ignoring all other pokemon until the quest pokemon is obtained. This temporarily negates the "catch the first pokemon" rule. The "quest pokemon" cannot be used.

11) Sacrifice Tokens: For each gym leader I beat, I get 1 Sacrifice Token that I may use at any time to 'sacrifice' a current party member** to the Oblivion box to exchange for a pokemon in the Graveyard box. Pokemon in the Oblivion box cannot under ANY circumstance be brought back. Pokemon brought back by this method are also sent to the Oblivion box if they are fainted, thereby preventing them from being brought back multiple times.

** I'll probably restrict this to pokemon that have been in the team for a certain amount of time, I'm not sure yet since this is a new idea to me.

If anyone has an comments, questions or concerns, feel free to voice them.

Thanks all, and enjoy!
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Y (Name: Ensei), Xenoblade Chronicles, 3DS FC: 2277-7562-5299 Friend Safari: Ghost @ Drfiblim, Lampent
Steel types are the best!
#2fawful_XPosted 3/8/2014 3:55:31 PM
Will it have blood?
---
Next Nuzlocke: HG/SS
Revenge is a part of life.
#3FoundAUsernamePosted 3/8/2014 3:56:00 PM
I like this.
---
FC: 3823 - 9082 - 0515, Mii: Erica
Pokemon X Friend Safari: Cascoon, Ariados, Toxicroak
#4zelionxPosted 3/8/2014 4:06:48 PM
If you truly want it to be like the original Nuzlocke you'll only give us a small update every 4 months
---
FC: 5412-9925-4803
IGN: Justin
#5RAcastBlaster(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 4:54:53 PM(edited)
Welp, here we go!

Welcome to the world of Pokemon. We'll breeze past the start here; I have started with Froakie, named Toadsworth. Shortly thereafter, on Route 2, I met a Zigzagoon, named Linear. She's even got Pickup! Adventuring forward with my new friends, Shauna helped me find a Fletchling, named Phoenix, right away in Santalune forest.

It was smooth sailing through the forest until I met this crazy girl with a Pikachu. Now, I didn't think much of it right away, until it dawned on me that Phoenix was in the lead, and Pikachu starts with Thundershock! I panicked momentarily, switching to Linear, who took a grown on the switch. His reduced attack power made him do a paltry 1/4 to the Pikachu the following turn, who retaliated with Thundershock, doing 1/4 of Linear's in return...oh, and she got Paralyzed too, by Static. The next two turns involved frantically healing Linear with a Potion and Paralyze heal I'd found earlier. Luckily, Pikachu conteted itself with using Tail Whip and Growl against Linear while Linear threw out a few Tail Whips of her own. I followed up with a less than confident switch to Phoenix, who took a Tail Whip on the switch (which was blocked by Big Pecks) and proceeded to win the match with a Quick Attack, heavily boosted by the Pikachu's defense drop. I let out a relieved sigh.

After that, I made my way out of the forest, had a quick chat with my friends, and that's where this first update ends. Thanks for watching all~.

Oh, Linear's pickup has already been super helpful, finding me two Escape Ropes, a Full Heal, and a Super Potion!

Party Info:

Toadsworth (Froakie) [Starter] @
~Pound
~Growl
~Bubble
~Quick Attack

Linear (Zigzagoon) [Route 2] @ ???
~Tackle
~Growl
~Tail Whip

Phoenix (Fletchling) [Santalune Forest] @
~Tackle
~Growl
~Quick Attack
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Y (Name: Ensei), Xenoblade Chronicles, 3DS FC: 2277-7562-5299 Friend Safari: Ghost @ Drfiblim, Lampent
#6RAcastBlaster(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 7:22:58 PM
Reaching Santalune city, after battling the trainers on Route 3 and finding an Azurill to join my cause, I immediately wandered over to Route 22, to see what there was to see. I found... a Bunnelby, named her Derpy, because I'm...just not a fan of Diggersby. To put it nicely. One way or another I don't plan to keep it in the party long enough to evolve. Well, I healed up, fought some more trainers, then decided to ask around in the houses in Santalune, maybe find some interesting info. Turns out one of the locals is looking for a Bunnelby, for a Farfetch'd no less. I took the trade, saying my goodbye's to Derpy, and welcoming Quacklin' to the team.

I...I don't know what happened next... Phoenix fell to a Riolu. Turns out they know Counter at level 9... I'm just kicking myself for this, it's awful. I was left a little numb as I finished off with a Quick Attack from Toadsworth. Well, we were back to four, and I decided to go for the gym... Route 22 is best left as a painful memory.

Welcome to, the Santalune Gym!
Battle 1: Despite suffering confusion, Linear powered through and beat down a Ledyba.
Battle 2: Linear had a rough time against a Spewpa, but he came out on top again!
Battle 3: A quick fight against a Kakuna and Combee, no problems here, Linear ruckused 'em.

Gym Match: Viola!
I chose to lead with Quacklin' here, in liu of...a recently fallen member. He lost 1/3 to a Bubble from Surskit, but put it down with an Aerial Ace! Vivillion came out next, using Harden to try to prolong the inevitable. It took a meagre 1/3 from Aerial Ace... Infestation and Tackle took Quacklin' to 7/33, but one of those Super Potions Linear found saved the day! Quacklin' finished off Vivillion with another pair of Aerial Aces, and that won me the match (and Quacklin' two levels, up to 12).

Party Info:

Toadsworth (Froakie) [Starter] @
Level 11
~Pound
~Growl
~Bubble
~Quick Attack

Level 11
~Tackle
~Baby Doll Eyes
~Tail Whip
~Headbutt

Bubbles (Azurill) [Route 3] @
Level 5
~Splash
~Water Gun
~Tail Whip
~Water Sport

Quacklin' (Fletchling) [Traded for in Santalune City] @
Level 12
~Leer
~Fury Cutter
~Fury Attack
~Aerial Ace

Fallen:

Phoenix (Fletchling)

Oblivion (Tokens = 1):

N/A

Past Members (Traded):

Derpy (Bunnelby) [Route 22]
---
#7TridenTPosted 3/8/2014 9:17:35 PM
I like the Sacrifice Tokens rule. That's unique and neat.
Keep her goin'!

I'm actually on an X Nuzlocke of my own and couldn't think of anything cool to do with it to make it topic-worthy, so I'm just running it quietly on my own.
---
~TridenT~
#8RAcastBlaster(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 9:45:55 PM(edited)
Thanks for the input TridenT!

This is the last update for tonight.

Okay, so with Santalune behind me, I moved along to Route 4, expecting something great to add to my team! Male Combee. Welp, Worker joined the team, and he wasn't completely useless (in fact, I'd say he saved Linear's life once). I cleared out the trainers and items along the way, then moved on into Luminose.

I finally made it to Professor Sycamore's Lab, talked with all my friends, and battled Sycamore. His Bulbasaur gave me quite a bit of trouble, so I choose Bulbasaur (female), named Plantera, and Venusaurite as my reward. (Oh, and it deals with that crippling Electric weakness I had...) After some eavesdropping, some more talking, and even more eavesdropping, I found myself on Route 5, where a Pancham named Enforcer joined the team. I decided to send Worker back to the box, then moved on to fight Tierno. He fell quickly before the recently evolved Toadsworth, and I moved on to clear out the rest of the local trainers and items. Bubbles is wrecking EVERYTHING with Return. I made a pitstop back in Luminose to buy Swords Dance for Quacklin' and Enforcer, then headed to Camphrier town. I had a chat with some guy in a mansion who looks hilariously out of place, realized a Snorlax is in my way, and now I'm off to see some fancy fool in a gigantic tourist trap. Sounds like a grand time.

Party Info:

Toadsworth (Frogadier) [Starter] @
Level 18
~Lick
~Thief
~Water Pulse
~Quick Attack

Level 17
~Thief
~Baby Doll Eyes
~Tail Whip
~Headbutt

Bubbles (Azurill) [Route 3] @
Level 16
~Return
~Bubblebeam
~Tail Whip
~Charm

Quacklin' (Farfetch'd) [Traded for in Santalune City] @
Level 18
~Swords Dance
~Return
~Knock Off
~Aerial Ace

Plantera (Bulbasaur) [gift from Prof. Sycamore] @ Venusaurite
Level 15
~Tackle
~Sleep Powder
~Leech Seed
~Vine Whip

Enforcer (Pancham) [Route 5] @
Level 13
~Tackle
~Leer
~Swords Dance
~Karate Chop

PC:
Worker (Combee) [Route 4]

Fallen:
Phoenix (Fletchling) [Santalune Forest]

Oblivion (Tokens = 1):
N/A

Past Members (Traded):
---
#9RAcastBlaster(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 9:05:45 PM
Just one update today, and a bit of a shorter one. I made my way over to Route 6, did the events at Parfum Palace (remembering to pick up the Amulet Coin), and saw those fireworks which are still pretty darn awesome. On the way back, Poke Flute in tow, I ran into an Oddish, called Osnap, who is presently in the box. Since I have Plantera, I probably won't be seeing much of Osnap, although I do like the evolutionary line. Both Plantera and Linear evolved on the way back. Arriving back at the bridge, I launched into battle, intending to capture the Snorlax blocking the way, however it was not to be so. After breaking out of two Great Balls and a Pokeball, I decided to have Bubbles knock a little more HP off with Bubblebeam; however it was not to be so, as a Critical Hit decided the Snorlax's fate. Next, I went back to check on my berries at the farm, found a Volbeat, called Junebug, and headed onward to Route 7 proper, where I immediately found a Hoppip swarm, and caught one I called Cottonfluff. I traveled down toward the end of the path, had a double battle, and that's where I've stopped for today.

Thanks for reading, all!

Party Info:

Level 21
~Lick
~Thief
~Water Pulse
~Quick Attack

Linear (Linoone) [Route 2] @ ???
Level 21
~Thief
~Baby Doll Eyes
~Tail Whip
~Headbutt

Bubbles (Azurill) [Route 3] @ Amulet Coin
Level 21
~Return
~Bubblebeam
~Tail Whip
~Charm

Quacklin' (Farfetch'd) [Traded for in Santalune City] @
Level 20
~Swords Dance
~Return
~Knock Off
~Aerial Ace

Plantera (Ivysaur) [gift from Prof. Sycamore] @ Venusaurite
Level 21
~Tackle
~Sleep Powder
~Leech Seed
~Razor Leaf

Enforcer (Pancham) [Route 5] @
Level 18
~Tackle
~Leer
~Swords Dance
~Karate Chop

PC:
Osnap (Oddish) [Route 6]
Junebug (Volbeat) [Berry Farm]
Cottonfluff (Hoppip) [Route 7]

Fallen:

Oblivion (Tokens = 1):
N/A

Past Members (Traded):
---
#10RAcastBlaster(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 11:54:51 AM
**** I'm making an addendum to the rule about adding pokemon I've just caught to the team:
I don't have to make the decision about adding them until the next time I visit a Pokemon Center. The decision to change the team or leave it be needs to be made before exiting, however. ****

Onward and upward, to Connecting Cave (aka: Zubat's Roost). Welp, I caught a Zubat, named it Zoots, and it's chilling in the PC. The important part is coming up; on the way out of the cave, I immediately ran into what I was hoping for, Bagon, named Konagona! Both times now that I've played XY, Bagon is the first thing I've found. So I moved along, clearing the route down to Ambrette town, a meeting with the rival, and off to Route 9, where I found a Sandile I've named Kamina, of course. I decided at this point to go back to the Pokemon Center to pick up Konagona and Kamina, depositing Quacklin' and Enforcer.

Back en route to Glittering Cave, I made my way in, just to find a Rhyhorn I've named Platemail. Following into the inner cave, I fought a bunch more of those Flare goons and took the Jaw Fossil as my reward. Back in town, I chose not to revive the Jaw Fossil at this time, and moved immediately onward to Cyllage City...with a quick pit stop to smash some rocks to see what I could find. I found my favorite Rock type, Binacle, named Clawman, who will hang out in the PC for now. Getting into Cyllage city, I made my rounds finding items, then hit up the gym, where my party ruckus'd the place. Grant's team didn't stand a chance against Azumarill's mighty Bulldoze, and I quickly claimed the badge, adding a second Sacrifice Token to my total.

Moving on to Route 10, I found a Golett and a Strength puzzle netted me the Thunder Wave TM, which I taught to Linear, to facilitate his Paraflinching, and that's where I ended for now.

Thanks for reading!

Party Info:

Level 27
~Lick
~Thief
~Water Pulse
~Quick Attack

Linear (Linoone) [Route 2] @ ???
Level 27
~Thief
~Thunder Wave
~Rock Smash
~Headbutt

Bubbles (Azumarill) [Route 3] @ Soft Sand
Level 27
~Return
~Bubblebeam
~Bounce
~Bulldoze

Konagona [Route 8] @ Rocky Helmet
Level 21
~Rock Smash
~Rock Tomb
~Aerial Ace
~Strength

Plantera (Ivysaur) [gift from Prof. Sycamore] @ Venusaurite
Level 26
~Return
~Sleep Powder
~Leech Seed
~Razor Leaf

Kamina (Sandile) [Route 9] @ Amulet Coin
Level 24
~Bulldoze
~Rock Tomb
~Payback
~Return

PC:
Osnap (Oddish) [Route 6]
Junebug (Volbeat) [Berry Farm]
Cottonfluff (Hoppip) [Route 7]
Quacklin' (Farfetch'd) [Traded for in Santalune City]
Enforcer (Pancham) [Route 5]
Platemail (Rhyhorn) [Glittering Cave Tunnels]
Clawman (Binacle) [Route 8: Ambrette-Cyllage Beach Rocks]

Fallen:

Oblivion (Tokens = 2):
N/A

Past Members (Traded):
---