This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Pokemon Idea: Treasguard the Path Watcher Pokemon

#1DuncanwiiPosted 3/9/2014 10:26:33 AM(edited)
Type-Rock/Ghost
Abilities: Solid Rock and Illusion, Hidden Ability: Cursed Body
Base Stats: 85/50/70/118/120/47
Appearance: Humanoid and made entirely of jagged boulders. Often takes the appearance of an old man/woman depending on gender.

Pokedex 1: These Pokemon are drawn to treasure of all kinds and will keep watch over it, twisting the paths so that no one will find it.

Pokedex 2: They can sense greed and will create illusions to keep robbers away from the treasures they keep watch over.

Pokedex 3: They lead robbers astray with illusions and trickery. They only appear in their real form to those they believe are worthy

Learn set
Start: Rock Throw
Start: Night Shade
Start: Hypnosis
Lv 7: Trick
Lv 13: Curse
Lv 17: Diamond Shower (New: Rock, Special, 50 Power, 100 Acc, 30% chance of Sp Def drop.)
Lv 23: Hex
Lv 23: Will-O-Wisp
Lv 27: Vacuum Wave
Lv 32: Wide Guard
Lv 32: Quick Guard
Lv 35: Magic Coat
Lv 37: Ancientpower
Lv 39: Shadow Ball
Lv 45: Mimic
Lv 48: Camouflage
Lv 50: Twisted Paths (New: Psychic, Status, Lowers opponent's attack stats by one level when opponent is a type that is strong against user, lowers defenses by one level when resistant.)
Lv 53: Aura Sphere
Lv 58: Power Gem
Lv 60: Pain Split

Some Egg Moves (in Amorphous and Mineral Group): Trick or Treat, Forest's Curse, Magnet Rise, Weather Ball, Psybeam, Stealth Rock, Spikes, Zap Cannon, Encore, and Acid Armor.
---
Currently Playing: Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze.
Looking Forward To: Mario Kart 8, Mario Golf, Smash Brothers.
#2NeoNaviZeroPosted 3/9/2014 10:45:57 AM
A potential Illusion user with a new type and reasonable bulk? Awesome.

I really like the concept, too!

Not totally sure about Twisted Paths, though. You're asking for a move that could potentially lower both an opponent's offense and defense stats at once (since it's possible to have those conditions met on, for instance, a Steel or Dark type). I like the other signature move, however.
---
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams
#3Duncanwii(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 11:32:31 AM
NeoNaviZero posted...
Not totally sure about Twisted Paths, though. You're asking for a move that could potentially lower both an opponent's offense and defense stats at once (since it's possible to have those conditions met on, for instance, a Steel or Dark type). I like the other signature move, however.

I thought about that a little after I posted and I think that I didn't go enough in-depth about how I want it to function
Twisted Paths, Psychic Type, Status Class. When this move is used it looks at the opponent's type(s). If it is resistant to one of Treasguard's types, its defense/special defense is lowered one level. If Treasguard is weak to the opponent's type(s) its attack/special attack is lowered one level. If it is neither the attack fails. In the event you described, the opponent is both at once, the effect will be based on the primary type (if duel typed) or random (if single typed.)
---
#4NeoNaviZeroPosted 3/9/2014 12:28:23 PM
Duncanwii posted...
NeoNaviZero posted...

I thought about that a little after I posted and I think that I didn't go enough in-depth about how I want it to function
Twisted Paths, Psychic Type, Status Class. When this move is used it looks at the opponent's type(s). If it is resistant to one of Treasguard's types, its defense/special defense is lowered one level. If Treasguard is weak to the opponent's type(s) its attack/special attack is lowered one level. If it is neither the attack fails. In the event you described, the opponent is both at once, the effect will be based on the primary type (if duel typed) or random (if single typed.)

Steel is supereffective against Rock and resists it as well. Dark is the same way with Ghost. What happens if the opponent is a monotype Dark or Steel? What about Bisharp? :P
---
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams
#5Duncanwii(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 1:56:26 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6Duncanwii(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 2:03:38 PM
NeoNaviZero posted...
Duncanwii posted...
NeoNaviZero posted...

Steel is supereffective against Rock and resists it as well. Dark is the same way with Ghost. What happens if the opponent is a monotype Dark or Steel? What about Bisharp? :P

Oh, now I see what you're saying. Yeah, that is concerning, so forget what I just said I guess it would just have to outright fail in situations like that. (Still kind of sad to lose the ability to hit Bisharp with it though, oh well.)
---
#7Duncanwii(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 2:06:27 PM
I also want to add Baton Pass to it's list of Egg Moves (it would have to get it from Drifblim.)
---
#8NeoNaviZeroPosted 3/9/2014 2:16:06 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong- I'm simply not sure about it. If you've created a ghost type with the ability to completely wall/weaken dark-types and steel types by using a move (not like it's fast or anything), I'd love to see it happen regardless just to have an impact. I was simply wondering what would happen, as you seemed to be trying to explain, against something that met both conditions. At the very least it would be an interesting way to mitigate the effects of Knock-Off on a switch-in.

Having it fail would be boring! But I'm just not sure whether it would be too powerful. Only one way to find out, as they say. I'd love to see Treasguard added as-is. :)
---