This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

First Pokemon gen you got at launch?

#1plasmawisp1713Posted 3/9/2014 9:49:23 PM
I'm pretty sure the majority of the fanbase is close to my age, so it's probably gen 4 for most people, right? 1st gen was just a thing it seems to me, when 2nd gen came out I remember seeing it at the store, 3rd gen had a lot of hype and I remember getting some Bookmarks from somewhere with the starters and the mascots, but when the games came out I never had the Gameboy until later. Finally, before 4th gen came out, I saw a commercial (A few weeks before). That the the first Pokemon game I got on launch day. Then, for both 5th and 6th, I became a good follower of Nintendo Directs and knew about all new games right when they were announced.

I know the majority of you are going to saw you got them all at launch.
---
Nintendo Network: Lightzeaka
3DS Friend Code: 4296-4396-5385
#2dancingbobcatPosted 3/9/2014 9:51:05 PM
I got Gold at launch
#3YaezakuraPosted 3/9/2014 9:53:31 PM
I got a copy of Red about 2 weeks prior to its Japanese release. So, 1st gen, I suppose.
---
Brought to you by your friendly neighborhood lesbian gaming goddess.
3DS Friend Code: 1204-0329-4562
#4ShadianVisePosted 3/9/2014 9:54:20 PM
I was young enough to get the first three generations for birthdays and Christmases, but I'm sure none of my birthdays fell on launch day of any of those generations. I got them all near-launch, but definitely not on launch. 4th gen is a little fuzzier for me, but I'm pretty sure I didn't get them at launch again. 5th gen was probably my first time, actually, but I didn't continue the trend with this gen because there wasn't enough information available about the games to make my choice. I ended up getting X a few days after launch.
---
I stand in the place bathed in heavenly light, thou art where the gate to the Underworld opens, come forth, divine lightning! This is the end! Indignation!
#5pbbpwnsPosted 3/9/2014 9:55:20 PM
emerald :)
#6Proto_SparkPosted 3/9/2014 9:55:43 PM
I bought Black 2 on release day.

I wasn't planning to, because it came out the day before Thanksgiving, and so I was just gonna go get it later in the week or so, but we had to go to Wal-Mart to pick something up that night, so I bought it. Cool Story, right?
#7deidara21Posted 3/9/2014 9:56:23 PM
5th gen came out on my bday so I got it. I started with 3rd gen though
---
All the control! All the power! All the free the free chicken!-Eris, Goddess of Chaos
#8FuneralCakePosted 3/9/2014 9:57:39 PM
Probably GS. I'm not sure exactly when I got Red first, but it wasn't on launch day.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
#9Pervert_KuhnPosted 3/9/2014 9:58:35 PM
Genwun
---
My Let's Play Channel (Currently playing: Bioshock Infinite: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOokamiDen
3DS FC: 4768-7650-8206
#10waterdeepchuPosted 3/9/2014 10:00:16 PM
I got Blue at Launch, and Silver too. I don't recall when I got Sapphire, but it was right around launch. Diamond took me a while to get, not sure why. HG/SS I got at launch.

I got Black at launch, but for whatever reason didnt play it for a couple months. I'd missed an event pokemon that'd come out at launch, and decided I wasnt going to let that happen again. B2 I got at launch, and X I got a few minutes after midnight on launch date. I should note that Im in my mid 20s now so I can do that.

"Yeah Im sick, im not going to be able to come to work tod-- " "Youre playing the new pokemon game, arent you?" "No! Shut up!"