This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Everytime someone argues why game freak doesn't make a battle simulator ...

#11TropiOUsPosted 3/11/2014 11:37:24 AM
RatheV posted...
You can't tell me what to do! I play Triple battles, and I like it that way! I'll hack if I wanna hack.

---
Yes, I'm that guy from Smogon. 80% of my posts are troll posts. I HATE DRUDDIGON
#12Inferno05Posted 3/11/2014 11:38:43 AM
Chenmaster2 posted...
Inferno05 posted...
Chenmaster2 posted...
I have heard of people wanting that before and that kind of ruins the point of event pokemon the Pokemon Company hosts and ruins the concept of trying to catch them all. Those pokemon you haven't obtained you either trade or get it yourself and not rely on a pokemon simulator to see it for yourself. I get what you're saying but what you're asking has downsides that Game Freak does not appreciate.

Those who Gen (which is most of the people who want an in-game sim anyway) already don't care about the events. And since the idea is that Pokemon from the "Sim" are not added to Pokedex or Party or Boxes, all they are ever used for is battle, and the people with other reasons to have a Deoxys or Diancie will still attend the events. I for one didn't bother w/ the GameStop Creation Trio b/c I knew I could make them myself. But if I wanted Deoxys in my Pokedex (and didn't Pokegen) I'd still go down to the next event near me that may give it.

Of course hackers don't care. It's not entirely why Game Freak doesn't want to make one but I think if you dig deep enough you would know the answer. Do you care about them? Probably not and that's fine but the world we live in doesn't revolve our own thoughts whether we like it or not.

... I just told you that plenty of people would still care about the events. Meaning I'm perfectly aware of that. The point was pretty much that the massive amount of people who would still care about the events even w/ this hypothetical simulator/rental system is still good reason for GF to host them.

And, just for good measure, why not make VGCs require non-simulated Pokemon? Then, there's still a competitive use for Pokemon you actually own.
---
Pokemon X 1676-4937-5079 IGN: Reaga SV: 1734
#13kingjam1Posted 3/11/2014 11:40:37 AM
The question what good battle sim has Triples and Rotations? has not been answered.
---
Can't think of anything
#14Catluver17Posted 3/11/2014 11:40:42 AM
Am i allowed permission to shoot those who make kittys cry TC?
---
Being intelligent is a full time job.
3DS FC 1633-4915-5991. Y Safari: Rock: Dwebble, Corsola, Rhydon.
#15TropiOUsPosted 3/11/2014 11:41:51 AM
kingjam1 posted...
The question what good battle sim has Triples and Rotations? has not been answered.

PO has triples.
---
Yes, I'm that guy from Smogon. 80% of my posts are troll posts. I HATE DRUDDIGON
#16kingjam1Posted 3/11/2014 11:44:52 AM
TropiOUs posted...
kingjam1 posted...

PO has triples.

Nobody plays it though.
---
Can't think of anything
#17Chenmaster2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 11:50:51 AM
Inferno05 posted...
Chenmaster2 posted...
Inferno05 posted...
Chenmaster2 posted...
I have heard of people wanting that before and that kind of ruins the point of event pokemon the Pokemon Company hosts and ruins the concept of trying to catch them all. Those pokemon you haven't obtained you either trade or get it yourself and not rely on a pokemon simulator to see it for yourself. I get what you're saying but what you're asking has downsides that Game Freak does not appreciate.

Those who Gen (which is most of the people who want an in-game sim anyway) already don't care about the events. And since the idea is that Pokemon from the "Sim" are not added to Pokedex or Party or Boxes, all they are ever used for is battle, and the people with other reasons to have a Deoxys or Diancie will still attend the events. I for one didn't bother w/ the GameStop Creation Trio b/c I knew I could make them myself. But if I wanted Deoxys in my Pokedex (and didn't Pokegen) I'd still go down to the next event near me that may give it.

Of course hackers don't care. It's not entirely why Game Freak doesn't want to make one but I think if you dig deep enough you would know the answer. Do you care about them? Probably not and that's fine but the world we live in doesn't revolve our own thoughts whether we like it or not.

... I just told you that plenty of people would still care about the events. Meaning I'm perfectly aware of that. The point was pretty much that the massive amount of people who would still care about the events even w/ this hypothetical simulator/rental system is still good reason for GF to host them.

And, just for good measure, why not make VGCs require non-simulated Pokemon? Then, there's still a competitive use for Pokemon you actually own.

I didn't say a battle simulator would completely render all events useless. It would just be somewhat pointless. Really the other reason why Gamestop/Toys R Us host these pokemon events is because people would go into their stores and perhaps purchase an item.
---
Swag. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pKDsdzODv0
ACNL Dream Address: 4800-2736-0484
#18ZeldaTPLinkPosted 3/11/2014 11:55:05 AM
I don't get why we have to choose between making the game attractive to casuals only or hardcore only.

Why can't gamefreak do both?
---
3DS FC: 1865-0018-0383