This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How about this for a Wii U Pokemon game?

#1HHDeceptionPosted 3/13/2014 8:30:04 AM
Pokemon Stadium, with an expanded rental feature that allows you to pick the moves, items, nature and IV/EV spread of the Pokemon you rent. Obviously you can use pokemon from your game too. The catch is that you are stuck with the level up moveset for rentals...at the start.

Battling and winning in solo or in online multiplayer (local would be too easy to abuse) earns you BP that you use to buy TMs and Items for your rentals, which gives you something to work for. You can also unlock new Move Tutors to teach your rentals and your in-game XY pokes things like Hyper Voice. Egg moves you get on your rentals through a special egg move tutor. These are single purchase, unlimited use. If you competitive breed in game this shouldn't even be a problem. Otherwise you should practice in single player. What would that be comprised of?

Stadium battles akin to the Cups in the N64 games, in many styles (ie Ubers allowed, Little Cup, and Frontier style gimmicks) and formats (double, triple, rotation, sky, inverse(?), a horde mode (?), double rotation (?)). Gym Leader Castle now turned into an expanded World Tournament where you can battle all past gym leaders, elite 4, and champions, with vastly improved teams. A Stadium 2 type trainer school with puzzle battles (ie. Given a Venusaur and a Charizard with these moves/items, beat the Dialga and Palkia before you in 2 turns). And a Minigame zone.

Would this sell consoles?
#2mrballerswagginPosted 3/13/2014 8:31:40 AM
Didn't read but I would love a Pokemon Battle Revolution 2.
---
FC: 1478-4162-6801 IGN: Ariel
Pyroar's slogan: "Put 'em to rest with the pitch of the voice, WRAAAGH!"
#3KungFuPhilPosted 3/13/2014 8:35:05 AM
It doesn't sell it to me.

I love Pokemon, but the Stadium games never did it for me. I found them to be boring and slow. Even if they made a full-blown Pokemon game on consoles, I probably wouldn't buy a WiiU for it. The Wii just didn't have the third party support I was hoping. Nintendo promised better third Party support with the WiiU, but they haven't delivered. Nintendo first party games are amazing, but sometimes I want to play something other than Mario/Zelda/Metroid.
---
PSN: Moar_Shtick
#4Nintendo_SabresPosted 3/13/2014 8:36:11 AM
Lovely idea
And of course the mini games better be on par with the ones from Stadium 2. Still way too fun.
---
3DS FC: 0748 2414 1026
Growlithe, Pyroar, Braixen
#51_DerPosted 3/16/2014 1:30:13 AM
No.

The main series is 3d now... the only kind of game that
would appeal to me now is a full fledged RPG. Otherwise,
nothing else interests me.
---
Master Gamer.
3ds FC: 4983-5098-4110
#6zeldagamer2123Posted 3/16/2014 1:32:44 AM
I loved Stadium 1 and 2, I'd buy a copy of that game as well.
---
3DS FC: 2836-0188-5813
PM Me for Pokemon Friend Safari! (Steel: Klang, Magneton Klefki)
#7MizMeister88Posted 3/16/2014 10:10:54 AM
A better idea would be a Pokemon university/academy game where you are a new student who has to go thru written and battle exams to rank up in the academy to unlock areas around the campus to catch different pokemon.

The goal would be to be the top student in the academy which would only be achieved if you managed to beat all the top battlers in the school who are the presidents of certain clubs like the swim captain and team only use waters types and to get to the top battlers you have to join their clubs/teams and only use that particular type of Pokemon. You would also be able to battle the faculty to unlock items,Pokemon,and discounts to certain shops around the shop.

You would be able to trade Pokemon with others who have the game and breed using the daycare on the campus which will tell you exactly how long it would take for an egg to pop up from the Pokemon you placed in there. Also events will pop up at different times on different days either around the school or in the Pokemon areas that will let you get special battle items or Pokemon that might not appear yet in the game.
---
Fc: 4527-8788-3716
#8SopherooPosted 3/16/2014 10:13:37 AM
Just have the rentals have max 6IV and relevant EVs, chosing the IV/EVs yourself would be too confusing for casuals

If you want a specific build, use your own, rather than rentals.
#9Dante2049Posted 3/16/2014 10:16:09 AM
Hell no
---
3ds- Pokemon X//Bravely Default
Vita- Ys: Memories of Celtia/Muramasa Rebirth/Toukiden: The Age Of Demons
#101_DerPosted 3/16/2014 1:00:53 PM
Dante2049 posted...
Hell no

---
Master Gamer.
3ds FC: 4983-5098-4110