This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How does the pokemon world even function?

#1iamjosh308Posted 3/16/2014 7:51:04 PM
I see pokedex entries about pokemon being able to eat entire mountains, flip trucks and sink ships etc. and theres 700 species and thousands of each of them.

How does the world even function?
---
*wipes brown*
#2LexifoxPosted 3/16/2014 7:52:22 PM
You've overestimating how common certain Pokemon are.

Also people who have their own Pokemon can use them to ward off wild Pokemon anyway.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#384MantinesPosted 3/16/2014 7:57:03 PM
Lexifox posted...

Also people who have their own Pokemon can use them to ward off wild Pokemon anyway.

Not unless they roam around the world, train, and get all the gym badges. =D

Without a badge, your beloved pet will eventually start thinking you suck and stop listening to you. Yay, pokemon and humans are friends forever.
---
"Oh no! Three Adamantoises! Good thing I remembered my KNUCKLES." ~ Schesparn
OGPC ID #00029
#4LexifoxPosted 3/16/2014 8:04:22 PM
84Mantines posted...
Lexifox posted...

Not unless they roam around the world, train, and get all the gym badges. =D

Without a badge, your beloved pet will eventually start thinking you suck and stop listening to you. Yay, pokemon and humans are friends forever.

Badges are only necessary for Pokemon you get via trades. Pokemon you catch/hatch don't need them.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#5BurnedPotatoesPosted 3/16/2014 8:05:27 PM
Magic.
---
3DS FC: 4656-7454-0042 FS: Flying Type, Pidgey, Tranquill, and Rufflet
I don't give people serious answers unless needed.
#6SilentS89Posted 3/16/2014 8:07:09 PM
iamjosh308 posted...
I see pokedex entries about pokemon being able to eat entire mountains, flip trucks and sink ships etc. and theres 700 species and thousands of each of them.

How does the world even function?

Pokemon are better than humans, and far less likely to abuse their power.
#7CakeOfLiesPosted 3/16/2014 8:07:13 PM
Bud, there are WAY more than thousands of each Pokemon.
I'm willing to bet at least 10,000 Gibles have hatched since the end of last month.
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF
#8LexifoxPosted 3/16/2014 8:09:50 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Bud, there are WAY more than thousands of each Pokemon.
I'm willing to bet at least 10,000 Gibles have hatched since the end of last month.

This is why gameplay and story tend to be separate. Otherwise the Pokedex would go from "This Pokemon is so rare that it was thought to be myth" to "most trainers have at least 10 of this Pokemon" or "This is one of the most common Pokemon due to trainers breeding them".
---
#9TheLink523Posted 3/16/2014 8:10:20 PM
Pokemon are friendly and try not to destroy things because human beings done a great favor for them in the past.Pokemon pass on their steel law tradition to be servants for human beings forever even though they have the ability to think and make decisions.My explanation for the pokemon world.
#1084MantinesPosted 3/16/2014 8:12:46 PM
TheLink523 posted...
Pokemon are friendly and try not to destroy things because human beings done a great favor for them in the past.Pokemon pass on their steel law tradition to be servants for human beings forever even though they have the ability to think and make decisions.My explanation for the pokemon world.

But some of those ghost pokemon are doing weird things to kids and stuff. Weeeiiiiird things. D=
---
"Oh no! Three Adamantoises! Good thing I remembered my KNUCKLES." ~ Schesparn
OGPC ID #00029