This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did I Just Out-Hax The Maison?

• Topic Archived
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Did I Just Out-Hax The Maison?

User Info: 123outerme

123outerme
3 years ago#1
YMKG-WWWW-WWW6-7QRR

First turn.
Hariyama uses Fake Out. Shouldn't that have made Quasar flinch? Just so you know, Quasar has Analytic as its ability.
"If I'm not me, than who is anybody?"
3DS FC: 3737-9959-6192

User Info: Missingno_Mastr

Missingno_Mastr
3 years ago#2
Hariyama's Hidden Ability is Sheer Force. It powers up moves with side effects in exchange for preventing said side effects. Like Fake Out's flinching.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://gottaglitchemall.smackjeeves.com/

User Info: 123outerme

123outerme
3 years ago#3
Missingno_Mastr posted...
Hariyama's Hidden Ability is Sheer Force. It powers up moves with side effects in exchange for preventing said side effects. Like Fake Out's flinching.

Oh :P Thanks!
"If I'm not me, than who is anybody?"
3DS FC: 3737-9959-6192

User Info: pokemonfreak97

pokemonfreak97
3 years ago#4
That's not hax; if a 100% flinch chance doesn't happen, that Pokemon has Inner Focus or used something that out-prioritized Fake Out (meaning that they flinched, but after they did something so it was irrelevant)

EDIT: Or, apparently, Hariyama's Sheer Force got rid of the flinch chance. Good to know
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.

User Info: Pokepon

Pokepon
3 years ago#5

Here I thought Maison had slightly better sets than main-game NPCs, who would even run fake out with that ability? Any other fighting type Pokemon with any other Priority move would be better.
FC: 0946-3202-3422 l Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb
OGPC ID #00037

User Info: Chaosmaster00

Chaosmaster00
3 years ago#6
Because Fake Out has +3 priority and Sheer Force Fake Out could possibly be the best revenge-kill move ever (besides Ambipom Technician Fake Out, since STAB 60 BP Fake Out), since not even Extremespeed or Feint have that high of priority.
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | PKMN X - IGN: Sapphire (Shiny Charm obtained: 2/5/2014)
Friend Safari: Fire - Growlithe, Charmeleon, Braixen | TSV: 401

User Info: Missingno_Mastr

Missingno_Mastr
3 years ago#7
Pokepon posted...

Here I thought Maison had slightly better sets than main-game NPCs, who would even run fake out with that ability? Any other fighting type Pokemon with any other Priority move would be better.

I bet it was just some careless programmer who thought "Oh, move with side effect, Pokémon with Sheer Force, well, I better slap those two together, then."
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://gottaglitchemall.smackjeeves.com/

User Info: Zr2456

Zr2456
3 years ago#8
Actually Battle _____s in every game have always given pokemon random abilities (that they can legally have, of course). You'll often run into non-skill link Cloyster, for example.

User Info: _SiTro_

_SiTro_
3 years ago#9
IIRC the trainers in battle facilities have set movesets but random abilities. Hence why you occasionally see things holding Flame/Toxic Orbs without abusing Guts etc. - they rolled a different ability for that battle.

Still daft, whatever the reason.
3DS FC: 3840-6516-6461
Friend Safari: Cascoon, Ariados, Whirlipede. PM me for: Wide Guard Honedge

User Info: MrFingers07

MrFingers07
3 years ago#10
Didn't BW2 had an Elite Four member with a Conkeldurr with a Flame Orb but no Guts? Lmao
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Did I Just Out-Hax The Maison?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived