This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Safari Question mark face

#1Valen-steinPosted 3/17/2014 8:58:11 AM
What's with the question marks?

I have a safari with a person who has a question mark and 2 pokemon (3rd blank). I believe I got this person's fc ingame.

I have a dozen others who have a question mark and 3 visible pokemon.
---
PM me if you added first (Seriously, PM me, I don't check old boards often)
FC: (PM me) 5327 - 2097 - 9265 (Psychic - Abra, Wobbufet, Duosion)
#2Valen-stein(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 9:18:56 AM
Bump
---
#3123outermePosted 3/17/2014 9:19:44 AM
The third question mark means you haven't encountered the third Pokemon. Since it's unlocked by that person beating the E4, it's likely that they haven't.
---
"If I'm not me, than who is anybody?"
3DS FC: 3737-9959-6192
#4Valen-stein(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 9:26:27 AM
123outerme posted...
The third question mark means you haven't encountered the third Pokemon. Since it's unlocked by that person beating the E4, it's likely that they haven't.

I've already encountered the third pokemon. Repeatedly. On 12 different safaris.
The person still has his/her question mark face though.
---
#5SkittyOnWailordPosted 3/17/2014 9:29:39 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6wantfastcarsPosted 3/17/2014 9:29:48 AM
I think a question-mark face indicates that you are friends with that person but they don't play Pokemon. The only friend I have that's not from Pokemon has a question-mark face, and I know he doesn't own a Pokemon game for his 2DS. You likely just remember wrong where you got his friend code.
---
Now Playing: Pokemon Y Version, League of Legends, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
i5-3570k | 8GB 1600MHz RAM | GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | 1TB HDD
#7Valen-stein(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 9:32:30 AM
wantfastcars posted...
I think a question-mark face indicates that you are friends with that person but they don't play Pokemon. The only friend I have that's not from Pokemon has a question-mark face, and I know he doesn't own a Pokemon game for his 2DS. You likely just remember wrong where you got his friend code.

They do play pokemon. Otherwise the 3rd pokemon wouldnt show. I got their friend code after trading a few times. I know because I only had 3 registered friends before playing xy.
---
#8GatedSunOnePosted 3/17/2014 9:36:34 AM
People who show up like this are either friends who don't play XY as the above user said, or are players who "used to" play XY but deleted you as a friend from their game for varying reasons.

All but one player on my FC list were all XY players; but over time a lot of them returned to that default question mark avatar for both these reasons.

Fun fact: even if you delete a person who plays XY from your own list, they are still found in your Friends list on the PSS (but are permanently blacked out as if they're offline).
---
FC: 2964-8693-8509 IGN: Verylin TSV: 1874
Official Dream Eater of Serebii.Net. Current Dream Log for 2014: 20/365; Nightmares: 4
#9Valen-stein(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 9:41:02 AM
GatedSunOne posted...
People who show up like this are either friends who don't play XY as the above user said, or are players who "used to" play XY but deleted you as a friend from their game for varying reasons.

All but one player on my FC list were all XY players; but over time a lot of them returned to that default question mark avatar for both these reasons.

Fun fact: even if you delete a person who plays XY from your own list, they are still found in your Friends list on the PSS (but are permanently blacked out as if they're offline).

Hmmm.. You're positive people turn into question marks if they delete you?
For that fun fact, do hidden abilities still appear even if they've deleted you (but you still have their safari and 3rd pokemon?)
---
#10HaxdreigonPosted 3/17/2014 10:24:05 AM
Valen-stein posted...
GatedSunOne posted...

Hmmm.. You're positive people turn into question marks if they delete you?
For that fun fact, do hidden abilities still appear even if they've deleted you (but you still have their safari and 3rd pokemon?)

I can confirm that Pokemon with hidden abilities will keep appearing, whether you're still their friend or not.
---
My FC is 4570-7712-8860. PM me when you added me!