This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hoenn Remakes should happen.

#1henriuePosted 3/17/2014 10:11:26 AM
At least a sequel.

Let's face it, Gen 6 has to live a couple of years, they can't add new pokémon (I guess) so making a new region would not be interesting, we will get the updated game, but that only adds a year tops to keep the gen interesting. The only thing left is a remake, and update of a region, and Hoenn is perfect for that, since:

A: it is the oldest region to get an update (Kanto had Gen 4)

B: It needs updating, balancing details like some better music, encounter rates, wild pokémon selection, additional postgame areas like Sevii Islands etc...

C: Diving in 3D would be an entirely new experience. (*thinks of Ambrette Cave*)

D: Contests, which a lot of people loved would make a comeback, and would possibly be included in gen 7 because of it.

E: It enables a lot of pokémon like Treecko and Mudkip to be found for new audiences without the need to buy games from Gens 5, 4, and more depending on the pokémon, plus more systems for transfering. Plus some new pokémon can be added so that the entirety of the national pokédex can be caught without skipping a gen.
---
"It doesn't matter if the bonds we share are physical or wired, a friend is a friend no matter which way you slice it." -ODomm (Pokemon club #00019)
#2mudballmanPosted 3/17/2014 10:18:26 AM
Amen. I'm still a little upset they didn't do it in gen 5 but oh well, now the region would have 3d and megas. I desperately want this to happen!!
---
Official Nidoking of pokemon x and y boards! Shiny value:2057
3ds friend code: 2852 7690 5645 White 2 fc: 2538 5836 3049
#3MrPerson01Posted 3/17/2014 10:21:57 AM(edited)
Remakes shouldn't happen. They should do a sequel though.

henriue posted...
D: Contests, which a lot of people loved would make a comeback, and would possibly be included in gen 7 because of it.

So, what's the point of the Contest Memory Ribbon? Just a retcon?
---
Pokemon Black FC: 4170-8397-1633
3DS FC: 0774-5634-345
#4henriue(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 10:23:17 AM
mudballman posted...
Amen. I'm still a little upset they didn't do it in gen 5 but oh well, now the region would have 3d and megas. I desperately want this to happen!!

The DS was a dead console, that's why no Kanto!
---
On another note, would you like if the Hoenn remakes had a quest simillar to the ruby and saphyre quest in the Sevii islands, which allowed you to visit Kanto?
---
"It doesn't matter if the bonds we share are physical or wired, a friend is a friend no matter which way you slice it." -ODomm (Pokemon club #00019)
#5Taylor516Posted 3/17/2014 10:23:45 AM
Couldn't agree more. Hoenn was my favorite region. It deserves a remake, Kanto and Johto have both gotten remakes. I'm still determined it will happen, I can't wait to see Hoenn in 3D. And as for contests I adored them!
#6DarkKirby2500Posted 3/17/2014 10:28:34 AM(edited)
If they remake Hoenn I want them to change Team Aqua and Magma so they aren't incredibly stupid.

I really don't care if the story behind them is even remotely similar as the original Team Aqua and Magma were so terrible.

HG/SS honestly didn't change enough. There was some tiny bit of personality added to the Gym Leaders post game, that's it.

Struggling Team Rocket looking for their boss wasn't a good plot and they didn't improve it (outside of an event, and that wasn't enough to make the story good).

---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#7wantfastcarsPosted 3/17/2014 10:26:58 AM
Remakes or sequels, I just want to see Hoenn again, especially on the Gen VI engine.. Just lower the encounter rate and/or increase the diversity of the wild pokemon on the water routess and it would easily be my favorite region.
---
Now Playing: Pokemon Y Version, League of Legends, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
i5-3570k | 8GB 1600MHz RAM | GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | 1TB HDD
#8dodo129Posted 3/17/2014 10:28:06 AM
i have emerald but my battery is dead

i,d like a 3d remake
---
FC: 0963-0330-8256 fire safari (pansear-larvesta and ninetail)
pm me your code
#9SephirothtPosted 3/17/2014 10:39:50 AM
Seeing how colorful Hoenn was, having that in 3D would just be great.
I wouldn't be surprised if it happened though. If you think about it, the main 3 legendaries are similar. Groudon and Kyogre have abilities to summon weather, Rayquaza cancels it.
Xerneas and Yveltal have their Aura's and Zygarde cancels them. Not to forget similar colors too. :P

Seems like flimsy reasons, but still.
---
Officially faved Ninetales everywhere,
Trainer Card + FC: http://i.imgur.com/3m4GK9i.png
#10Swamp-marsh-mudPosted 3/17/2014 11:09:20 AM(edited)
Of course It will happen. Love to see all those things you said in 3d. (3d contest would be so awesome. Think about it, maybe they improve it by letting the contest look like the anime.)

Now sadly, there are allot of people who will try to disprove a hoenn remake. Don't let them get to you. Because for every "reason" there shouldn't be a remake, there are 10 more reasons why it should get an remake. The people who believe that hoenn doesn't get an remake are...sorry for putting it the hard way. In denial. I believe some people hate hoenn so much, that they will make up "reasons" why there shouldn't be a remake.

Of course, people who don't like hoenn have the right to say that they don't like Hoenn. Just don't let that hate cloud your vision of reality. Hoenn remakes are pretty much confirmed now (and no, I am not some fanboy who will scream HOENN CONFIRMED on every hoenn reference). Kalos has more hoenn clues than any other region. You know what region did the same thing? Sinnoh did, with Jotho references dominating every other region references.

Hoenn is not 100% confirmed, that's not what i'm saying. But it's likely that they will happen.

But hey! that's just my look on the situation.
---
3ds FC: 5043-1619-9931 Trainer name: Rik