This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does no one use Mega Medicham?

#31AlphanumericPosted 3/18/2014 12:25:18 AM
because there are like 4-7 better megas
---
http://i.imgur.com/wZ280Fo.jpg http://imgur.com/utzBMQI.jpg http://i.imgur.com/QxFRglt.png
http://i.imgur.com/koVytht.jpg Companion_Cube_ is the best poster
#32gamepimp12Posted 3/18/2014 12:26:39 AM
SorrySleeping posted...
gamepimp12 posted...
Three of the best attacking types in the game are flying dark and ghost

All three have priority that's why.

Flying doesn't have real Priority, Fighting has two so is it twice the best?

Having priority doesn't make them the best having few/ uncommon resist while having a lot of good pokemon make you the best.

They just happen to have priority which makes them even better

Like imagine making the best milkshakes in the world but your located in Antarctica, regardless of how good you are you aren't gonna get your credit because the environment doesn't benefit you at all.
---
we rich now but used to be slaves,we pushing whips now we used to be whipped,rockin chains when we used to be in 'em
#33OctazPosted 3/18/2014 12:28:31 AM(edited)
Priority doesn't really matter *too* much since M. Medicham is supposed to be a wallbreaker, it's comparatively slow and frail so it's easily revenge killed even without priority.

The main problem for me is that it faces direct competition as a slow fighting-type wallbreaker with M. Heracross, who is a little slower but is much bulkier, is similarly powerful, and has arguably better coverage (M. Hera beats Aegislash and doesn't beat the ground/flyings except it kinda beats Landog, Medicham beats the ground/flyings but not Aegislash: Aegislash is more common than the ground/flyings put together). M. Heracross's fighting stab is also far more reliable than M. Medicham's. I can't stand High Jump Kick, I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels like that.

Pretty much every time I've thought 'hmm, Mega Medicham' the slot has been filled better by M. Hera. I'm a total M. Hera fanboy tho so I dunno how much of that is just bias, I imagine the 100 base speed comes in useful quite often? And yeah I guess Medicham has priority but it seems kinda garbage, unstab unboosted Bullet Punch? barf.
#34Kylebe611Posted 3/18/2014 12:30:58 AM
I just tested my Mega Medicham (nicknamed Medi-Champ) against my friend who hadn't really seen it before. This is my set:

Medicham @ Mega

Adamant: 252 Atk/252 Spe/ 4 HP

~Bulk Up
~Drain Punch
~Ice Punch
~Bullet Punch

BP for priority, Drain for recovery and STAB, Ice Punch for Flying and general coverage, and bulk up for the attack boost and some pseudo-longevity combined with Drain.

It beat his Mega Scizor, but it's defenses ARe pretty frail. That in conjunction with its type-combo probably is why it doesn't see much use. I like it though.

I'd recommend using it on a Dual Screens team for better results. Too bad it can't learn SD.
---
3DS FC: 2492 5091 4437 -> X Safari: Farfetch'd, Swanna, Tropius
3DS (XL): 5300 9574 5942 -> X Safari: Dugtrio, Diggersby, Sandshrew
#35WolfJouninPosted 3/18/2014 12:36:37 AM(edited)
Kylebe611 posted...
I just tested my Mega Medicham (nicknamed Medi-Champ) against my friend who hadn't really seen it before. This is my set:

Medicham @ Mega

Adamant: 252 Atk/252 Spe/ 4 HP

~Bulk Up
~Drain Punch
~Ice Punch
~Bullet Punch

BP for priority, Drain for recovery and STAB, Ice Punch for Flying and general coverage, and bulk up for the attack boost and some pseudo-longevity combined with Drain.

It beat his Mega Scizor, but it's defenses ARe pretty frail. That in conjunction with its type-combo probably is why it doesn't see much use. I like it though.

I'd recommend using it on a Dual Screens team for better results. Too bad it can't learn SD.

Sounds like a less bulky, but slightly harder hitting (after Life Orb) and significantly faster Conkeldurr with a non-stab priority, that can at least scare Gengar from switching in and sub-disabling thanks to Bullet Punch.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4639 - 9096 - 3760
#36SorrySleepingPosted 3/18/2014 12:48:51 AM
gamepimp12 posted...
SorrySleeping posted...
gamepimp12 posted...
Three of the best attacking types in the game are flying dark and ghost

All three have priority that's why.

Flying doesn't have real Priority, Fighting has two so is it twice the best?

Having priority doesn't make them the best having few/ uncommon resist while having a lot of good pokemon make you the best.

They just happen to have priority which makes them even better

Like imagine making the best milkshakes in the world but your located in Antarctica, regardless of how good you are you aren't gonna get your credit because the environment doesn't benefit you at all.

Are you high? Can you PM me your supplier?
---
~{Compain_Cube_ is Goomy}~
"Fiora's got the best everything. Except, you know, in-game effectiveness." -TheEvilOmega
#37gamepimp12Posted 3/18/2014 1:34:50 AM
Lmao I thought that would one a good comparison for a pokemon that's good, but doesn't fit the OU environment

Plus I Really like milkshakes
---
we rich now but used to be slaves,we pushing whips now we used to be whipped,rockin chains when we used to be in 'em
#38FightingPolygon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 4:27:39 AM
bump.
---
My 3DS FC: 1246 - 8764 - 0707
#39ashrobbPosted 3/18/2014 8:51:52 AM
In my team I run

Jolly
@Medichamite
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
- Drain Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Yes, it does get walled by several common things, but that's were the rest of the team comes in. Is a cool revenge killer since the Fake Out + BP combo does reasonable damage if unresisted. He's also quite fast (100 Base speed is the same as the Charizards). And I just love to blow Gengars on the switch, people can be very predictable in that.
---
Home is where your chargers are~
#40ZeldaTPLinkPosted 3/18/2014 9:17:21 AM(edited)
Mega Medicham has an amazing combination of mediocre speed and terrible bulk, and it's only priority moves (Fake Out and Bullet Punch) are very weak. So it's far from invincible. It's great, specially if you can do some smart switching, but it can be taken down by a lot of things.

But yeah, people should use it more. If you are good with switching and prediction, this thing can put A LOT or pressure on the enemy team.
---
3DS FC: 1865-0018-0383