This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Physical Pokemon Y, downloaded Pokemon X. (Question)

#11Shigmiya64Posted 3/22/2014 12:07:29 AM(edited)
I heard not great things about Yoshi's New Island. I guess it's fairly uninspired. Apparently it's not a first-party title.

Animal Crossing is a very different kind of game. It's kind of like a Sim, except you have much less control over your world, and it's very slow-paced. You'd have to decide for yourself if it's your thing.

A Link Between Worlds is supposed to be very good. I'm not sure I'd get the digital copy, though, since it doesn't seem like the kind of game you'd need to always have on you.
---
"Remember to believe in magic, or I'll kill you."
My 3DS Friend Code: 0705 - 3328 - 1003
#12Star-san(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2014 12:21:00 AM
Shigmiya64 posted...
I heard not great things about Yoshi's New Island. I guess it's fairly uninspired. Apparently it's not a first-party title.

Animal Crossing is a very different kind of game. It's kind of like a Sim, except you have much less control over your world, and it's very slow-paced. You'd have to decide for yourself if it's your thing.

A Link Between Worlds is supposed to be very good. I'm not sure I'd get the digital copy, though, since it doesn't seem like the kind of game you'd need to always have on you.

Just looked at Yoshi's New Island on Metacritic..I think that one is off of the list.

Now between Animal Crossing and A Link Between Worlds, I believe from what I have seen from Animal Crossing that it is a very enjoyable game. I'm into games that are slow paced or have no clear ending to just be able to enjoy the game on and on.

Lately I have been playing Bravely Default and I believe to counter a more plot-driven and action-like game, New Leaf would be for when I feel like relaxing and just enjoying some mindless fun- but don't get me wrong, A Link Between Worlds sounds great too.

Perhaps I should get Animal Crossing and just wait a month or two to get A Link Between Worlds. I'm pretty sure I would love both of them. If you own or have played Animal Crossing, is there anything you can say that you like about it?

Also, the Gamefaqs community has amazed me lately, all of you are so extremely helpful that it blows my mind compared to other online communities that I have been a part of. I really appreciate the help that I am getting, and I hope that I am not being a nuisance by asking these questions.
---
FC: 4141-3861-9708 /// - Friend Safari: (Ghost) Spiritomb, Phanthump, Shuppet
IGN: Austin
#13undeadkyle12345Posted 3/22/2014 3:33:13 AM
If you are looking for a game to go at your own pace and have mindless fun i recommend ALBW. You can pick which dungeons to do at your own pace. Replayability is also very high.
---
Fastest cloner for pokemon X/Y!
FC 5215-0848-8541
#14spyro202Posted 3/23/2014 8:39:14 AM
A link between worlds aaaaaall the way. I have both animal crossing and zelda, and i enjoyed every single second of zelda. Animal crossing is fun but I would still buy zelda instead anytime!
#15Yukino_AsakuraPosted 3/24/2014 1:21:06 PM
A second Pokémon is pointless useless you're really into it so you can have a main one and do whatever the hell you want with the other version.

If you will ever buy Animal Crossing please do it in digital. It's the type of game that will last you a long time but only in a small doses (if you know friends who also own the game you will enjoy it a lot more).

ALBW is awesome, one of my favorites sadly a little shorter then I would have wanted but amazing nonetheless.
#16A_Man3383358553Posted 3/26/2014 6:35:20 PM
Wait... you can get Pokemon X or Pokemon Y for free?

Can someone please tell me more? I'm planning on gifting a DS and Pokemon game to someone.
#17JonThePenguinPosted 3/26/2014 7:06:03 PM
A_Man3383358553 posted...
Wait... you can get Pokemon X or Pokemon Y for free?

Can someone please tell me more? I'm planning on gifting a DS and Pokemon game to someone.

If you buy a 3DS and one of a certain set of games and register them on Club Nintendo by the end of March, you can get a free download code for X or Y.

http://club2.nintendo.com/3ds-pokemon-promo/
---
JonThePenguin
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=erunion