This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dragalge should get a Poison-type move that's super-effective against Steels

#1Rad_DudesmanPosted 3/23/2014 2:50:29 AM
To stay true to the Pokedex

Their poison is strong enough to eat through the hull of a tanker, and they spit it indiscriminately at anything that enters their territory.
---
Nintendo Network ID: raddudesman
#217MasterPosted 3/23/2014 2:51:28 AM
If Pokemon were given moves to stay true to Pokedex entries...

Oh, dear.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/17Master
#3KillerMechanoidPosted 3/23/2014 2:51:52 AM
This is one reason why Acid and Acid Spray should be changed to be SE v.s. Steel.

Either that or get an ability called Corrosive, which makes poison moves do 2x v.s. Steel.
#4Real_ZaberzPosted 3/23/2014 3:05:09 AM
17Master posted...
If Pokemon were given moves to stay true to Pokedex entries...

Oh, dear.

Splash would have OHKO'd Arceus.
---
I only really answer seriously when I need to.
#5kingjam1Posted 3/23/2014 3:25:43 AM
There needs to be a Poison variant of Freeze Dry that is SE against Steel. It should be a widely distributed TM. Then Poison will be a slightly better attacking type.
---
Can't think of anything
#6JustwanttolookPosted 3/23/2014 3:30:07 AM
kingjam1 posted...
There needs to be a Poison variant of Freeze Dry that is SE against Steel. It should be a widely distributed TM. Then Poison will be a slightly better attacking type.

If such a Move existed it should only be distributed to Poison Types, just as Freeze Dry is exclusive to Ice Types.
---
Steel Type alone is responsible for the slow Death of the Pokemon Franchise.
Gym Leader Wulfric is mai Husbando!
#7KillerMechanoidPosted 3/24/2014 7:57:46 AM
kingjam1 posted...

Acid/Acid Spray should be retconned into this. Use it on Klefki, Mawile and Ferrothorn...
#8FryDays5000Posted 3/24/2014 8:09:26 AM
kingjam1 posted...

I like this. Technician Roserade would run HP Rock over Fire now since Steel types wouldn't be immune to it's secondary STAB.

GG Pinsir/Talonflame/Volcarona/Charizard :)
---
Freiza may be cool, but his brother is..... COOLER(get it?)
3DS FC: 0645-6947-9076 Steel Safari:Ferroseed,Fortress, and Klefki
#9NeonDragon9000Posted 3/25/2014 11:15:03 AM
Now that we are starting to see dual-type moves and/or moves that have additional typing effects, I support this. Perhaps a Poison-type move like "Corrosion" that always hits Steels for SE damage, even in Inverse Battles. More or less just a Poison-type variant of Freeze-Dry.

Of course, go all the way. Give every type a special move that has SE damage on some other type. Maybe a Dragon-type move that can hit a Fairy-type.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#10DragonmanXDPosted 3/25/2014 1:34:17 PM
I feel like only a few pokemon from each type should get these moves, to help some pokemon see more usage....But I definitely like this idea. Evaporate for fire types against water, web snare for bug againsy flying.... this has potential
---
3DS friend code: 3308-5688-6958 Mii name: jarod
Psychic safari with Grumpig, siglyph and Girafarig, PMy if you add me and i'll add you