This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

best move set for Salamence

#1Dante2049Posted 3/24/2014 5:43:28 PM
Ive always wanted to run one of these mons but, could someone lmk what the best moveset is for one? I was thinking hasty for speed and moxie+DD would make up for attack power. How well does a mixmence do?
---
3ds- Pokemon X
Vita- Ys: Memories of Celtia/FF X-X2/Toukiden: The Age Of Demons
#2BigWorldJustPosted 3/24/2014 5:44:25 PM
Salamence @ Lum Berry/Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Naive Nature
EV's: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage/Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
---
PSN ID: xXMiista_St0ner
3DS FC: 2148-8253-4976
#3Dante2049(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2014 6:32:51 PM
BigWorldJust posted...
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage/Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Rreally? not moxie?
---
3ds- Pokemon X
#4LJx19Posted 3/24/2014 6:34:03 PM
Salamence is bad. There is no such thing as best moveset on him a it will fail. Read the sig.
---
Dragonite>Garchomp>everything else>salamence
#5BigWorldJustPosted 3/24/2014 6:39:33 PM
Dante2049 posted...
BigWorldJust posted...
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage/Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Rreally? not moxie?

Intimidate is preferred, as it can potentially grant more opportunities to set up a Dragon Dance, as well as weaken opposing Pokemon. Moxie is an option if the extra Attack boosts are appealing; however, Salamence often cannot defeat its checks even at +1 or +2.
---
PSN ID: xXMiista_St0ner
3DS FC: 2148-8253-4976
#6CakeOfLiesPosted 3/24/2014 6:40:12 PM
Salamence@Life Orb
Moxie
Naive Nature
-Dragon Claw
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake
64 Attack / 192 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed

Moxie MixMence.
Thanks to its fantastic ability, you can put more investment into Sp. Attack without worrying as much about damage output. Draco Meteor is usually made obsolete after the second fainted Pokemon, but by that point the damage is already done. Contrary to what others believe, Salamence is still quite threatening. Enough to sweep half a team (really, sweepers should only be sent out near the end of the battle anyway. Their job is to clean up the remnants of the opponent's team. Hence the name "sweeper.")
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF
#7Dante2049(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2014 7:36:36 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Salamence@Life Orb
Moxie
Naive Nature
-Dragon Claw
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake

Moxie MixMence.
Thanks to its fantastic ability, you can put more investment into Sp. Attack without worrying as much about damage output. Draco Meteor is usually made obsolete after the second fainted Pokemon, but by that point the damage is already done. Contrary to what others believe, Salamence is still quite threatening. Enough to sweep half a team (really, sweepers should only be sent out near the end of the battle anyway. Their job is to clean up the remnants of the opponent's team. Hence the name "sweeper.")

wow nice set up! So outrage is a no go then?
---
3ds- Pokemon X
#8Godly_GoofPosted 3/24/2014 7:41:09 PM
- Splash
- Splash
- Splash
- Splash

so OP
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#9CakeOfLiesPosted 3/24/2014 7:49:08 PM
Dante2049 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Salamence@Life Orb
Moxie
Naive Nature
-Dragon Claw
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake

Moxie MixMence.

wow nice set up! So outrage is a no go then?

I used Outrage last Gen, but it didn't work so well this Gen because of Fairies.
I would OHKO one Pokemon, then a Fairy would come in and get a free revenge kill because I was forced to Outrage again. Salamence really needs a strong and accurate Dragon type move that doesn't have a nasty side effect like Outrage does.
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF