This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about egg moves.

#1Cookie BagPosted 3/24/2014 8:48:03 PM
Say i breed a dratini with dragon dance, and somehow, trying builds or w/e i delete the skill, can i relearn it by the tutor? or the skill is gone?
---
Pokemon Y FC: 0060-9665-4698
Friend Safari: Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Luxio.
#2Elec Man EXEPosted 3/24/2014 8:55:21 PM
As long as the pokemon was bred in Gen6 you can get it back. It was a new addition this generation that all moves a pokemon hatches with including egg moves are now re-teachable by the move relearner.

Being a new addition, though, it means that pokemon bred in previous generations do not have that luxury even once you transfer them into XY, most likely because the data isn't stored in previous generations.
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
3DS FC: 3239-2743-8918 Pokemon Y Safari: Fraxure, Sliggoo, Dragonair
#3Don_of_BladesPosted 3/24/2014 9:01:18 PM
you'd think they'd have some foresight to preprogram previous gen event and egg moves so that xferred pkm could relearn their moves if deleted in x/y, but no, they didnt. maybe they will eventually with a patch but i doubt it.

go figure.
---
Rena~
1779-0713-6090 SV-3219
#4SorrySleepingPosted 3/24/2014 9:02:43 PM
Don_of_Blades posted...
you'd think they'd have some foresight to preprogram previous gen event and egg moves so that xferred pkm could relearn their moves if deleted in x/y, but no, they didnt. maybe they will eventually with a patch but i doubt it.

go figure.

You'd have to patch the previous games to have them store the correct data, and they kinda can't be patched. So yeah.
---
~{Compain_Cube_ is Goomy}~
"Fiora's got the best everything. Except, you know, in-game effectiveness." -TheEvilOmega
#5oO_Stryfe_OoPosted 3/24/2014 9:29:43 PM
Now all they need to do is allow moves learned during a previous evolution that aren't in the current learn set to be relearned, if that particular mon learned them before evolving. Sounds like a pain to put in, but still...
---
FC: 2337-4234-3045, Mii - Clifton, TSV - 1320, 2385 (PM me if match)
IGN - Hadrian/Halibel (Psychic - Espurr, Grumpig, Girafarig)
#6CharizardFirePosted 3/24/2014 9:30:35 PM
oO_Stryfe_Oo posted...
Now all they need to do is allow moves learned during a previous evolution that aren't in the current learn set to be relearned, if that particular mon learned them before evolving. Sounds like a pain to put in, but still...

Actually, if said move is passed down in breeding, it can be relearned in the same way as an egg move.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif