This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think these are necessary for an all-round team?

#1RomanticWaluigiPosted 3/25/2014 5:18:39 AM
Rapid Spin (or variants). - Stealth Rock gets rid of multiscale (if I use dragonite), Focus Sash, Sturdy, and cripples flying and fire types. Also, sticky web feels way too broken if I don't rapin spin it.

A bulky defensive pokemon and a bulky specially defensive pokemon - these seem to be needed to switch into threats and avoid being swept.

One or two priority moves - could make or break a game.

Generally fast Pokemon - to force opponent to switch out

I feel that if I don't have the above things, I have more chance of losing. Agreed or have I not played enough variety of battles?

Other optional things that seem to help:

Roar/Whirlwind, Trick, Pokemon with immunities to a type (or resisting it x4), an electric or fire type to avoid paralysis or burn, Magic Guard.

If I built a team around these things, would it be pretty much good overall? The only major weakness I can see is Trick Room.
---
http://i.imgur.com/1lyHI0P.gif
#291UKGamerPosted 3/25/2014 6:06:35 AM
How about Pokemon with reliable recovery? I imangine that would be important too.
---
"Be like Ditto, Transform into something better" - Get into competitive battling
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000457-pokemon-x-y-battling/68870571
#3ZeldaTPLinkPosted 3/25/2014 6:30:26 AM
Rapid Spin or variants: essential on most teams, but not always. Depends on how much your own pokemon mind rocks.

Bulk: useful for most teams, but hyper-offensive teams don't care much about bulk.

Priority: stall doesn't need it, but balanced or offensive teams do.

Fast pokemon: again, useful for anything except stall.
---
3DS FC: 1865-0018-0383
#4spicoli123Posted 3/25/2014 7:16:41 AM
trick room isnt too common, so use what your comfortable with. I like a good wall tho... can be very difficult to work around in some situations
---
3ds friend code: 4012 5085 3186
pokemon X IGN: Mihawk