This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think these are necessary for an all-round team?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Do you think these are necessary for an all-round team?

User Info: RomanticWaluigi

RomanticWaluigi
2 years ago#1
Rapid Spin (or variants). - Stealth Rock gets rid of multiscale (if I use dragonite), Focus Sash, Sturdy, and cripples flying and fire types. Also, sticky web feels way too broken if I don't rapin spin it.

A bulky defensive pokemon and a bulky specially defensive pokemon - these seem to be needed to switch into threats and avoid being swept.

One or two priority moves - could make or break a game.

Generally fast Pokemon - to force opponent to switch out

I feel that if I don't have the above things, I have more chance of losing. Agreed or have I not played enough variety of battles?

Other optional things that seem to help:

Roar/Whirlwind, Trick, Pokemon with immunities to a type (or resisting it x4), an electric or fire type to avoid paralysis or burn, Magic Guard.

If I built a team around these things, would it be pretty much good overall? The only major weakness I can see is Trick Room.
http://i.imgur.com/1lyHI0P.gif

User Info: 91UKGamer

91UKGamer
2 years ago#2
How about Pokemon with reliable recovery? I imangine that would be important too.
"Be like Ditto, Transform into something better" - Get into competitive battling
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000457-pokemon-x-y-battling/68870571

User Info: ZeldaTPLink

ZeldaTPLink
2 years ago#3
Rapid Spin or variants: essential on most teams, but not always. Depends on how much your own pokemon mind rocks.

Bulk: useful for most teams, but hyper-offensive teams don't care much about bulk.

Priority: stall doesn't need it, but balanced or offensive teams do.

Fast pokemon: again, useful for anything except stall.
3DS FC: 1865-0018-0383

User Info: spicoli123

spicoli123
2 years ago#4
trick room isnt too common, so use what your comfortable with. I like a good wall tho... can be very difficult to work around in some situations
3ds friend code: 4012 5085 3186
pokemon X IGN: Mihawk
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Do you think these are necessary for an all-round team?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived