This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When do you think we'll get Hoenn remakes?

#11Swamp-marsh-mudPosted 3/25/2014 12:25:00 PM
kingjam1 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
kingjam1 posted...
Hopefully never.
Realistically Winter 2014 when Game Freak decide that X/Y is old and milk sales by providing awful remakes of crappy games.

Take off those nostalgia glasses and be honest with yourself.
Were R/B/Y any good? Like, at all?

Nope. RBY weren't that good and were broken and buggy but the games were a lot more fun to play and had far more charming music than Gen 3 ever had. No nostalgia goggles what so ever. I started with Gen 2 and I don't think it is amazing. Also what does RBY have to do with RSE being awful?

Well.....maybe because it isn't awful?
---
3ds FC: 5043-1619-9931 Trainer name: Rik
#12GastroFanPosted 3/25/2014 12:34:58 PM
I'd like to think that Nintendo's working on the R/S/E sequel and/or remake now on top of the other games they've produced. I'd also like to think that soon we'll get a chance to get a legal Dancie, Hoopa and Volcanion as well as AZ's Floette and some berries such as Enigmas. The soonest a remake might happen would be Spring 2015 but it's more than likely going to be Spring 2016 if not later.
#13charman5Posted 3/26/2014 4:22:45 PM
kingjam1 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
kingjam1 posted...
Hopefully never.
Realistically Winter 2014 when Game Freak decide that X/Y is old and milk sales by providing awful remakes of crappy games.

Nope. RBY weren't that good and were broken and buggy but the games were a lot more fun to play and had far more charming music than Gen 3 ever had. No nostalgia goggles what so ever. I started with Gen 2 and I don't think it is amazing. Also what does RBY have to do with RSE being awful?

FRLG. End of this war
---
Controversial Fact of the day: it is possible for a durant to kill a charizard due to durant's high speed and high physical attack. One rock slide will do
#14shadowenclave47Posted 3/27/2014 12:12:26 PM
If Hoenn is confirmed then the haters and naysayers are going to whine and i will be there to enjoy those delicious tears.
---
3DS FC 3539-9421-0380
#15FinalInsanityPosted 3/27/2014 12:21:06 PM
shadowenclave47 posted...
If Hoenn is confirmed then the haters and naysayers are going to whine and i will be there to enjoy those delicious tears.

To be quite honest, Hoenn remakes might take BW's place as my favorite games in the series when they get released.
#16MelkacPosted 3/27/2014 12:49:38 PM(edited)
TrainerAura posted...
10 years after Emerald, to the date.

That'd be 2014. It would've been announced by now.

Honestly, I doubt Hoenn will ever be remade.
There's no need, the games are still playable, no glitches, the graphics are...kinda ugly, but still hold up pretty well. You can even TRANSFER POKÉMON FROM GEN 3 TO GEN 6 without any issues (sure, they need to be transfered from gen 3 to gen 4, then gen 5, then PokéTransfer and Gen 6, but you still can).
Also there are a lot of gen 3 pokémon in Kalos. If they were working a remake there would be little to no hoenn pokémon in X/Y.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Melkac/videos
"Those are some pretty cool reviews you have there"
#17MelkacPosted 3/27/2014 12:50:56 PM
charman5 posted...
kingjam1 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
kingjam1 posted...
Hopefully never.

FRLG. End of this war

FR/LR feels sluggish, in my opinion. It's not really all that good.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Melkac/videos
"Those are some pretty cool reviews you have there"
#18Catluver17Posted 3/27/2014 12:51:28 PM
Instead of remakes they'll announce a twisted version of Hoenn based on the recent Twitch stream.

I mean, hey, they have to run out of ideas somepoint right? RIGHT??
---
Being intelligent is a full time job.
3DS FC 1633-4915-5991. Y Safari: Rock: Dwebble, Corsola, Rhydon.
#19TrainerAuraPosted 3/27/2014 1:12:13 PM
Melkac posted...
TrainerAura posted...
10 years after Emerald, to the date.

That'd be 2014. It would've been announced by now.

Honestly, I doubt Hoenn will ever be remade.
There's no need, the games are still playable, no glitches, the graphics are...kinda ugly, but still hold up pretty well. You can even TRANSFER POKÉMON FROM GEN 3 TO GEN 6 without any issues (sure, they need to be transfered from gen 3 to gen 4, then gen 5, then PokéTransfer and Gen 6, but you still can).
Also there are a lot of gen 3 pokémon in Kalos. If they were working a remake there would be little to no hoenn pokémon in X/Y.

It could be October 21st, 2015, 10 years after the European release, which was the last release. And it could be a world wide release too. :o
---
Pokemon Z (Zero): http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/68753775
Mega Zygarde!
#20ExcIusivity69Posted 3/27/2014 1:34:42 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
kingjam1 posted...
Hopefully never.

No, those critically acclaimed multibillion dollar games were so bad, that no one liked them. They were so bad, that many sequels were made, and gamers back then hated it, and to prove their hatred, they spent hours playing it, and they get mentioned in the same sentence as Superman 64, and ET Atari whenever people talk about bad games...... Seriously? Take off your nostalgia glasses and realize that RSE were so bad, that Satoshi Tajiri even had to write a book called "The rise and fall Pokémon" when RSE came out, and started losing it's popularity, which would rise back up when D/P/Pl were released.
---
I thought it was legit because it was Japanese. - jogglypuff