This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon X/Y Quiz *Spoilers Inside*

#1DrainDeimosPosted 3/25/2014 9:49:00 PM
A long time ago, I created one of these quiz topics on the D/P board. The topic was a pretty successful and a fun experience back then. I want to do the same thing now that X/Y is out and there has been many changes since D/P. Here are some rules before we begin.

Rules:

1.) All of the questions asked will mainly revolve around the sixth generation Pokemon games, moves, and mechanics. This does not mean I will only ask questions about Kalos Pokemon and moves from this generation but rather all of the current stats about a Pokemon from this generation.

2.) I will be asking multiple questions every round and on every update. The first person that fully answers that question will be rewarded one point. Any subsequent answers, provided that they are not close in time frame, will not get the extra point. This is to make sure that one is not simply cutting and pasting answers from someone else.

3.) Every round will have multiple questions that can be answered. You can only answer one question every round as it will give other people a chance to answer. If you answer more than one question, I will only give you credit for the first answer if you choose to answer more than one question..

4.) I will try to update this as often as possible. I know that this board moves fast, so I will not wait for a long period of time to update.

5.) If you find any flaws or mistakes in one of my questions or answers, please point it out.

6.) Have fun! It is okay to agree or disagree with anyone in this thread, but at the end of the day it is a game. Please no flaming or

I will start off by asking one question only. But this question will have multiple answers, so this gives a chance for more than one person to answer.

Question #1: There are a total of 8 different type immunities in the game. For this question, name 3 types that are immune to the attacks of another type. I only need three type immunities for this question. There will be different answers, but I only need 3 to answer this question.
---
Baltimore Orioles: 0-0 | Baltimore Ravens: 10-6 SUPER BOWL 47 CHAMPS!
#2legendxofxskyPosted 3/25/2014 9:54:57 PM(edited)
Normal to ghost
Eletric to ground.
Fighting to ghost.

Did i answer that right?
---
3DS FC: 3110 5108 4293
Pokemon Y IGN: Kalosian
#3sonic2307Posted 3/25/2014 9:53:59 PM
Steel is immune to poison
Flying is immune to ground
Dark is immune to psychic

Like this?
---
I'm Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog.
3DS FC: 0962-9436-8898 Name: Shadow the Hedgehog Friend Safari: Kecleon, Aipom and Chansey
#4TaladasharPosted 3/25/2014 9:56:01 PM
Fairy is immune to Dragon
Fire is immune to burn
Electric is immune to paralysis
---
( \ ( \"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain, It's time to roll the dice ."
(=^:^) So sayeth the cute bunny
#5DeathtatorPosted 3/25/2014 10:06:53 PM
i think there's 11
the 2 that were missed were

ghost immune to normal
grass can not be affected by spore moves.
---
FC: 3523-2593-2499 | Safari: Stunfisk,Luxio,Electrode| Ign: kurisu
#6sonic2307Posted 3/25/2014 10:09:32 PM
Deathtator posted...
i think there's 11
the 2 that were missed were

ghost immune to normal
grass can not be affected by spore moves.

Actually, if you exclude the status immunities, there are 8.
---
I'm Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog.
3DS FC: 0962-9436-8898 Name: Shadow the Hedgehog Friend Safari: Kecleon, Aipom and Chansey
#7porygon_z_129Posted 3/25/2014 10:09:40 PM
Fairy is immune to Dragon Attacks
Ground is immune to Electric Attacks
Steel is immunte to Poison Attacks
---
Pokemon Y Player! FC | IGN: 3539-9813-2428 | James TSV;0444
Small List:http://tinyurl.com/krzopl5
#8Don_of_BladesPosted 3/25/2014 10:36:19 PM
ghost, normal
ghost, fighting
normal, ghost
ground, electric
flying, ground
steel, poison
fairy, dragon.

do i get bonus points? :3
---
Rena~
1779-0713-6090 SV-3219
#9Gh3ttoNinjaPosted 3/25/2014 10:40:07 PM
Dark is immune to psychic
Ground is immune to electric
Fairy is immune to dragon

K
---
FC: 1435-5432-6684 IGN: Othello TSV: 1477
Dark FS: Sandile, Pawniard, Inkay
#10DrainDeimos(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 9:56:21 AM
Time for an update. Here are the 8 possible choices for the first answer:

Ground --> Electric
Dragon --> Fairy
Ghost --> Normal
Normal --> Ghost
Fighting --> Ghost
Poison --> Steel
Ground --> Flying
Psychic --> Dark

In addition, I also accepted answers where certain status moves have no effects on certain types too. (Electric immune to Paralysis, Fire immune to Burn, and Grass immune to Sleep Powder, Spore, and Stun Spore). I gave everyone credit for an answer.

Current Score:
Deathtator -- 1
Don_of_Blades -- 1
Gh3ttoNinja -- 1
porygon_z_129 -- 1
Taladashar -- 1
sonic2307 -- 1

Time to move onto the next round!

Round 2:

Now I am going to ask multiple questions to allow different people to get a chance to answer them. Remember, you are only allowed to answer one question! Any other questions answered will not receive credit.

1.) We all know the new Fairy-types are weak to Steel and Poison-type attacks. Name the only Fairy-type combo that negates both weaknesses to the Steel and Poison-type attacks.

2.) Name at least 4 different moves that can put the opponent to sleep. There are more than 4 choices, but I only need 4 moves to correctly answer this question.

3.) Name the two different Pokemon with a Flying typing that can only be the female gender.

4.) *BONUS QUESTION* (Worth 2 Points)
Charizard (Fire/Flying) and Blastoise (Water) are facing a Trevenant (Grass/Ghost) and Gengar (Ghost/Poison) in a double battle. At one point, Gengar uses Shadow Ball on Charizard, and it causes Super Effective damage. How was Gengar's Shadow Ball able to cause Super Effective damage?
---
Baltimore Orioles: 0-0 | Baltimore Ravens: 10-6 SUPER BOWL 47 CHAMPS!