This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: The Sudden Sequel

#221GeminiDeusPosted 4/8/2014 11:51:30 AM
GoGoat posted...
zelionx posted...
Pretty sure he said FireRed will be delayed if the timer runs out

Then whats the point of the timer in the first place?

He probably wasn't expecting it to take 4+ days to complete Emerald's Elite Four since Red and Crystal's were completed a lot faster.
---
Without truth, there is nothing.
#222TomoyoAfterPosted 4/8/2014 12:00:11 PM
Just like in tpp Crystal, we've already pulled off a ton of democracy team optimization operations and the pure anarchy run many wanted (with the exception of the Seafloor rock puzzle and Juan's gym) has long been dead. So at this point, I wouldn't even mind if democracy was used just to win. We would get some awesome lore continuity especially if we pick the Dome fossil. It would also be interesting to see timer expire with no delay happening, tpp Emerald just simply ends and we move on to FireRed. I believe that either of these two outcomes will set the grounds for better enjoyable lore in FireRed, rather than us beating the game the traditional tpp way.
#223SolitaireDPosted 4/8/2014 12:05:28 PM
I have to sleep now, will be missing the end when I wake up. Hoping that they will extend the timer.
---
3DS FC : 0559-7743-2341
#224Oblivion_HeroPosted 4/8/2014 12:51:00 PM
They should use democracy to go catch the Regis if they're available pre Elite 4. Probs aren't though
---
You can't call him out for being wrong when he never intended to be right - Stephen Colbert
"Bad Mojo" is not a diagnosis - Dr. Foreman, House, M.D.
#225Hoozah123Posted 4/8/2014 1:32:25 PM
I preventing them from healing before fighting Drake, it was glorious.
---
The internet is a magical place where people get easily offended.
Smogon players:"I have no counter to Bidoof."
#226SSJ2__GohanPosted 4/8/2014 1:41:06 PM
They should now be able to beat the E4, if they don't waste Tentacruel. Tentacruel's a great Wallace counter (except vs Whishcash and Gyarados), as it resists/cancels Toxic, Leech Seed, Giga Drain, and all the Water and Ice moves, and then I didn't even talk about Hidden Power Electric.
#227GeminiDeusPosted 4/8/2014 1:41:25 PM
Oblivion_Hero posted...
They should use democracy to go catch the Regis if they're available pre Elite 4. Probs aren't though

That's another impossible and time consuming task for TPP to realistically consider. It has far too many prerequisites and getting them in Democracy would take hours, not to mention capturing them is almost completely out of the question. With the Anarchy bots around, Democracy will not last very long.
---
Without truth, there is nothing.
#228Vulcan422Posted 4/8/2014 1:42:18 PM
Oblivion_Hero posted...

The Regis are not an option at this point. We are at the Pokemon League, and that's where we're going to stay until the end of everything.

We could have done it earlier if we had used our time carefully, but we wasted it on grinding trash Pokemon that will never amount to anything.

-Azumarill is a fluke because her XP gain rate is fast.
-We used Tentacruel as an HM slave, and we never pick Hidden Power with it. Hidden Power Electric is also only good on Wallace.
-Dark-type doesn't get good until Gen 4, making Mightyena useless.
-Hariyama is just flat-out bad, with horrible moves and only being useful on two of the Elite Four.
-Graveler cannot evolve, so its full potential will never be unlocked.
-Vileplume could have been one of our best Pokemon, but it is seriously underleveled and does not know Petal Dance, the only move that's good on it.

There is no time anymore. The only option is to keep throwing ourselves at the Elite Four until we run out of time or get EXTREMELY lucky (0.01% chance) and manage to beat Wallace.
---
USF4: M. Bison, Rolento, Decapre | TTT2/TR: Feng/Dragunov | BBCP: Azrael, Terumi, Bang
GameFAQs #1 Noel Vermillion Hater At Your Service
#229Dr_Koopa76Posted 4/8/2014 4:03:28 PM
The final hour is at hand
---
3DS FC: 1203-9216-5732/PSN: Lazykarl24
http://i.imgur.com/vGM0GJd.jpg
#230FixdswinePosted 4/8/2014 4:20:22 PM
Judgement day will soon be upon us.