This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Prove me wrong: Mewtwo got trolled hard with its mega evolutions.

#11Darkraiomb(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2014 9:00:09 AM
zelionx posted...
At least it's not mega alakazam

I actually think mega Alakazam is an underrated threat. It can outspeed even Accelgor and with Trace, can safely switch into things like Heatran, Espeon with Yawn, and with Hidden Power flying, can surprise Talonflame.
---
Mega Gayrados loose water and becomes Dark, so Waterfall will be less effective~ Halectic
#12EnlinoPosted 3/27/2014 9:00:34 AM
Darkraiomb posted...
hodelino posted...
Mega Mewtwo Y: 194 Sp.Attack. Nerfed.

Its Sp. Atk may've been buffed, but its actual moves were nerfed, and as I said, I'm pretty sure it does less damage then gen V Mewtwo.

Haha, no. First of all, Psystrike is still 100 bp, same as before. Second:

252 SpA Mewtwo Gen V Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Ditto: 210-248 (88.6 - 104.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Mega Mewtwo Y Gen VI Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Ditto: 238-280 (100.4 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
#13WolfJouninPosted 3/27/2014 9:00:54 AM
They're not USELESS per say, as Y gets both a speed and power boost while being immune to Dark Void, and X can do a bulk-up Drain Punch set if you transferred it over, but yes they are inferior to regular Mewtwo for the most part considering Life Orb hits harder than Y and can hit on the physical spectrum using Psystrike without sacrificing anything (and while X loses the Dark and Bug weakness, it gains a Fairy and Flying weakness).
---
3DS Friend Code: 4639 - 9096 - 3760
#14TropiOUsPosted 3/27/2014 9:01:41 AM
WolfJounin posted...
They're not USELESS per say, as Y gets both a speed and power boost while being immune to Dark Void, and X can do a bulk-up Drain Punch set if you transferred it over, but yes they are inferior to regular Mewtwo for the most part considering Life Orb hits harder than Y and can hit on the physical spectrum using Psystrike without sacrificing anything (and while X loses the Dark and Bug weakness, it gains a Fairy and Flying weakness).

life orb is a terrible argument to say <insert mega here> is bad.
---
Yes, I'm that guy from Smogon. 80% of my posts are troll posts. I HATE DRUDDIGON
#15The_DragonwPosted 3/27/2014 9:01:49 AM
Enlino posted...
Darkraiomb posted...
hodelino posted...
Mega Mewtwo Y: 194 Sp.Attack. Nerfed.

Its Sp. Atk may've been buffed, but its actual moves were nerfed, and as I said, I'm pretty sure it does less damage then gen V Mewtwo.

Haha, no. First of all, Psystrike is still 100 bp, same as before. Second:

252 SpA Mewtwo Gen V Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Ditto: 210-248 (88.6 - 104.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Mega Mewtwo Y Gen VI Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Ditto: 238-280 (100.4 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

What about Life Orb Mewtwo?

:/
---
3DS FC:195085778687- Flying: Swanna, Doduo, Rufflet SV:1496 IGN:Jin Region:UK OGPCID:00021
The official Super Enraged Shadow Lugia of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#16DemiseEndPosted 3/27/2014 9:08:03 AM
People need to realize that 190 SP.A has always been low since like gen 4 thanks to item. This is the worst on Mega Alakazam who have 175 SP.A compared to "downsideless" LO Alakazam with 190 SP.A

That doesn't mean Mewtwo Y sucks tho. Rest Talk Set is evil
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
3ds fc:3823-9549-3094
#17EnlinoPosted 3/27/2014 9:09:14 AM
The_Dragonw posted...
What about Life Orb Mewtwo?

:/

Hits slightly harder (flamethrower does 109-128% to ditto) but has less speed and special defense, a worse ability*, and takes recoil damage. It's also not a situation unique to mewtwo by any stretch of the imagination.

*Insomnia's not exactly great but when the alternatives are pressure and unnerve I'd say its better.
#18TropiOUsPosted 3/27/2014 9:09:53 AM
DemiseEnd posted...
People need to realize that 190 SP.A has always been low since like gen 4 thanks to item. This is the worst on Mega Alakazam who have 175 SP.A compared to "downsideless" LO Alakazam with 190 SP.A

That doesn't mean Mewtwo Y sucks tho. Rest Talk Set is evil

LO alakazam is terible and should never be used on a semiserious-serious discussion
---
Yes, I'm that guy from Smogon. 80% of my posts are troll posts. I HATE DRUDDIGON
#19WolfJouninPosted 3/27/2014 9:18:30 AM(edited)
TropiOUs posted...
WolfJounin posted...

life orb is a terrible argument to say <insert mega here> is bad.

How? I'm dead serious, how? Elaborate, or don't be a smart ass.

In most cases what you said is definitely true, as Mega Lucario while doing less damage across all of its attacks makes up for it with Adaptability to compensate and the boost in speed allows it to outspeed a lot of things that would otherwise kill it, and Mega Gengar allows it to outspeed Greninja and it gains Shadow Tag, but I'm sure I specified that I was talking about Mewtwo X and Y. Mewtwo Y hardly contributes over a Life Orb, only allowing it to outspeed barely any Pokemon that aren't even used in ubers and maybe a couple of scarfers, and giving it an ability that helps it against all of 1 Pokemon instead of valuable OHKO's and 2HKO's that would be attained with Orbs. Mewtwo X is basically an inferior Mewtwo due to having 2 more dangerous weaknesses than the ones it loses, and not being able to hit physical walls hard, while regular Mewtwo is able to hit anything hard even if you exclude the Life Orb.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4639 - 9096 - 3760
#20zelionxPosted 3/27/2014 9:14:35 AM
Ha ha, he said simisear
---
FC: 5412-9925-4803 IGN: Justin
I like churros