This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who is the most Dangerous Mega?

#51TAINTED ENIGMAPosted 3/29/2014 8:57:25 AM
I am being contrary, but I ran Mega Gengar for a while and have fought against a number of them. The biggest threat was consistently how common Earthquake is and it works for me. I've had to choose not to megavolve on enough occasions that I ditched Mega Gengar regardless of the Smogon ban.
---
Live in your world, play in mine...
#52SaphirahPosted 3/29/2014 8:57:29 AM
Omgzzzzz think Rayquaza is broken? Ice beam!

Ho ho i'm so smart ! 1 t'ergegrevr4
---
3DS FC: 2621 2684 0605
IGN: Scarlett | Shiny list: http://tinyurl.com/pnpcp3r
#53TalesOfXAndY(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2014 8:59:07 AM
TAINTED ENIGMA posted...
I am being contrary, but I ran Mega Gengar for a while and have fought against a number of them. The biggest threat was consistently how common Earthquake is and it works for me. I've had to choose not to megavolve on enough occasions that I ditched Mega Gengar regardless of the Smogon ban.

Not a Pro-tip
At all
---
Member of Official Gamefaqs Pokemon Club ID:00004 Dragon Gym Leader Badge:Myth Badge
FC:3024 5382 4032 Barry//http://i.imgur.com/kCC4Ave.gif
#54TAINTED ENIGMAPosted 3/29/2014 9:04:03 AM
It's called a troll, look it up. I'm sorry it worked better than I wanted, because my point fell to wayside. I give up.

Clearly, just because there is a counter to Mega Gengar doesn't illegitimize the ban. I still would argue that Mega Gengar is glassy enough and Earthquake is common enough on non-STAB builds that I didn't get the impression that there was an inherent brokenness. I also am using my experience to back this claim, it doesn't make me a pro, but it doesn't prove I'm not a pro, either.
---
Live in your world, play in mine...
#55CakeOfLiesPosted 3/29/2014 9:04:53 AM
TAINTED ENIGMA posted...
It's called a troll, look it up. I'm sorry it worked better than I wanted, because my point fell to wayside. I give up.

Clearly, just because there is a counter to Mega Gengar doesn't illegitimize the ban. I still would argue that Mega Gengar is glassy enough and Earthquake is common enough on non-STAB builds that I didn't get the impression that there was an inherent brokenness. I also am using my experience to back this claim, it doesn't make me a pro, but it doesn't prove I'm not a pro, either.

Earthquake isn't a counter. It's a check at best.
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF
#56Xynaxus64Posted 3/29/2014 9:05:41 AM
I started using Mega Blastoise, and it really is one of the best Megas that I've used. With access to excellent coverage with Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, and Water Pulse, and an additional 50% power boost to these moves, Mega Blastoise is an incredible bulky sweeper.
---
3ds FC: 1977-0205-6694
QP3W-WWWW-WWW5-YH63
#57InhaledCornPosted 3/29/2014 9:09:52 AM
While mega Gengar is dangerous, you know in general what it's going to do. It'll either Sub-Disable, Perish-Trap, or all out attacker.

Mega Charizard, however, has two different Megas which have two, completely different sets of counters, decent bulk, and a large variety of sets making it really hard to know what it's going to do. Just because you see a Charizard and know it's the Mega, you've only fought half the battle.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
Pokemon Friend Safari: Nincada, Sandshrew, Gastrodon
#58VadmacPosted 3/29/2014 9:13:34 AM(edited)
The lack of mega medicham saddens me... It can pretty much 1-2 hit KO the entire meta... It needs more love, also herrocross.. Dat base 185 attack is op!
---
3DS FC: 4227-2154-5185 fighting safari- Mankey, Sawk, Riolu
If you add me please PM me
#59UltraKangaskhanPosted 3/29/2014 2:03:21 PM
Mega Gengar. Shadow Tag shouldn't be on something with that much offensive presence.
#60FightingPolygonPosted 3/29/2014 2:18:16 PM
Mega Banette because Prankster Destiny Bond/Cotton Guard.
Mega Medicham/Mawile because of that Attack Stat.
Mega Aggron because if you don't have a special attacker, you're f***ed.
Mega Charizard X/Gyarados because once it gets that first Dragon Dance off, it's GG.
Mega Scizor because Bullet Punch obliterates stuff unless resisted.

TBH, all Megas are threatening in their own ways.
---
My 3DS FC: 1246 - 8764 - 0707 IGN: Polygon
If you want a Starter with an unreleased ability or the link to the X and Y Pokegen program, PM me.