This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Smogon's really getting on my last nerve...

#91Distance-GaryPosted 3/29/2014 8:31:39 AM
YourLuck posted...
Distance-Gary posted...
YourLuck posted...
So, you agree with TC, but instead of using logic, you reach from your personal experience dealing with Smogon 'fans'?

TCs opponent clearly didn't know VGC rules, otherwise, they wouldn't have said VGC rules and said Smogon rules. They were obviously either misinformed or mislead in some way.

They probably were mislead however the fact that the only rules that speak against evasion is smogon further supports my theory that fellow was indeed a smogonite and clearly a one that insisted someone else play by his rules. And no, it isn't solely due to my experiences, it is obvious that he plays by smogon when he starts complaining about evasion clause and therefor is a a part of your idiotic outspoken fanbase. That is a pretty sound logical conclusion since afterall smogon is the only group that makes a point to ban evasion.

If you're point is that the majority of smogon fans are polite and not D-bags then how about you get onto smogon and tell the ones that are to stop making the rest of you look bad rather than insisting that everyone else is the one with the problem.

I'm not really part of the fanbase. I like what they do and play on Showdown, but I'm pretty neutral, imo.

The sad thing is, most of the smogonites who push the rules on other people, probably have never thought to go on the forums in the first place. Most of the people who stay on the main forums tend to push away newer players into the part designated for them. So the people who you're talking about usually don't know what they're talking about.

Then I got a suggestion, rather than insisting all the people who hate smogon are simply wrong for disliking the fanbase how about you try to persuade them that not all smogonites are crazy D-bags because from what I've observed no one has tried that yet.
---
I'm pretty sure most Gamefaqs users don't know the definition of the word "troll"
which is funny because they keep using that term.
#92YourLuckPosted 3/29/2014 8:51:57 AM
Why should I go out of my way to do that? There will always be someone claiming what you're saying and it's hard to get everyone to listen when you have people like Verlisify relaying his experience that isn't necessarily true.

I don't even care anymore.
---
A familiar note is produced.
It's the note Desolation plays to keep its instrument in tune
#93NecroStreak128Posted 3/29/2014 8:55:02 AM
Oy vey...
---
3DS: 3368 1927 4445
#94ThelceManComethPosted 3/29/2014 8:55:35 AM
Distance-Gary posted...
ThelceManCometh posted...

No where in that post says that his opponent was a smogonite or anything. He didn't even know VGC rules; what makes you think he would know Smogon's? Because he doesn't like evasion?
Fun fact: you don't have to know or follow smogon's rules to not like evasion.

Hey Frosty, don't start complaining just because I was agreeing with TC. Smogon fans are actually pretty whiny in real life, you play against them and they'll insist you play by their rules. Evasion is only a smogon rule, it isn't anywhere in VGC so don't start complaining just because that is obvious that he plays by smogon when he starts complaining about evasion clause.

Reading is hard isn't it?
---
"The power of death is intoxicating..."
3DS FC: 3024-4927-2796 / PSN ID: TheLceMan_Cometh
#95Distance-GaryPosted 3/29/2014 10:56:45 AM
YourLuck posted...
Why should I go out of my way to do that? There will always be someone claiming what you're saying and it's hard to get everyone to listen when you have people like Verlisify relaying his experience that isn't necessarily true.

I don't even care anymore.

You seem to not understand, if you don't do that, things won't improve and while what Verlisify says might not be true the fact that other people have experienced what he described first hand won't make them feel any more comforted by smogon fans in general. I am inclined to believe him because while I know that not all smogon fans are fanatics, they still have a mentality that their way is the best and everyone can kiss their ass.

Distance-Gary posted...

No where in that post says that his opponent was a smogonite or anything. He didn't even know VGC rules; what makes you think he would know Smogon's? Because he doesn't like evasion?
Fun fact: you don't have to know or follow smogon's rules to not like evasion.

Hey Frosty, don't start complaining just because I was agreeing with TC. Smogon fans are actually pretty whiny in real life, you play against them and they'll insist you play by their rules. Evasion is only a smogon rule, it isn't anywhere in VGC so don't start complaining just because that is obvious that he plays by smogon when he starts complaining about evasion clause.

Reading is hard isn't it?

Don't worry I'm sure one day you'll get the hang of it. Just because some people don't like evasion doesn't mean that they would start complaining about rules when they do. The fact that smogon's rules are clearly against evasion and this guy is saying evasion is against the rules means he is insisting that they play by smogon which he appears to have gotten confused with VGC. You wanna keep going Frosty? I'm starting to enjoy your lack of comprehension skills.
---
I'm pretty sure most Gamefaqs users don't know the definition of the word "troll"
#96ScarlettailPosted 3/29/2014 10:57:23 AM
Is this the Pokemon X board or the Smogon-hating board? I can't tell some times.
---
3DS FC: 1805-2178-2522 Safari: Delibird, Sneasel, Dewgong
#97SilverZangoosePosted 3/29/2014 11:02:32 AM
Who else thinks "Smogonite" sounds like the name of an troublesome insect? I know where the name comes from, but it just makes me think of "parasite" or "termite".
---
Zangoose is the one good Pokemon that came after Gen 1, everything else about Gen 3, as well as gens 2, 4, 5 and 6 is awful. I do not like Gen 3, just Zangoose.
#98Distance-GaryPosted 3/29/2014 11:09:02 AM
Scarlettail posted...
Is this the Pokemon X board or the Smogon-hating board? I can't tell some times.

Pokemon X board, why people bring up smogon in the first place is beyond me but they do. Considering it has nothing to do with the actual game, I find it laughable.
---
#99PokeponPosted 3/29/2014 11:25:41 AM
Distance-Gary posted...
You seem to not understand, if you don't do that, things won't improve and while what Verlisify says might not be true the fact that other people have experienced what he described first hand won't make them feel any more comforted by smogon fans in general. I am inclined to believe him because while I know that not all smogon fans are fanatics, they still have a mentality that their way is the best and everyone can kiss their ass.

The problem is, that you are generalizing Smogon's community as this one, evil entity when it's not. Though some Smogon players may be as evil or ignorant as you say, some aren't. Just because a few (or a lot of) people follow under your description, that does not mean everyone is. Never have I met a Smogon player that falls under your category, and TC mentioned that he only hates some smogon players.Your argument on their players' mentality doesn't make sense as an argument. Of course all Smogon players think their way of battling is the best, they wouldn't follow Smogon rules if they didn't. How would you know Smogon players think everyone can kiss their ass? You do not think as they think, therefore you shouldn't jump to conclusions. Overall, I think you're being very judgmental.
---
FC: 0946-3202-3422 l Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb
OGPC ID #00037
#100FightingPolygonPosted 3/29/2014 11:44:40 AM
Those goddamn Smogons!
---
My 3DS FC: 1246 - 8764 - 0707 IGN: Polygon
If you want a Starter with an unreleased ability or the link to the X and Y Pokegen program, PM me.