This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you reckon cheating devices has killed the value of Pokemon?

#1jEr3mYPosted 3/29/2014 7:45:27 AM
I'm not meaning the franchise, just the actual Pokemon themselves… I find the value for Pokemon has gone down… Everyone wants perfect IV's, shiny etc… and everyone has lots of the same pokemon…

Trading is pointless mostly as you aren't actually losing anything as you've clone the Pokemon anyway….

Yes, I have an AR so I'm not complaining people have better stuff or are better at battling…. just wish Pokemon didn't have any Action Replays, or PowerSaves or PokeGen, or FakeGTS or anything like that….

Wish it was an actual honest game.. in the likes of trading and rarity/value of stuff…

Does anyone else feel the same as me??
---
If you agree that Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game, send me a PM. Number of people who agree: 27 - updated 18 March 2014
#2massifbeefPosted 3/29/2014 7:47:33 AM
No.
---
My signature? I'd be happy to... NOT TELL YOU!
FC: 2165-5608-6960 Official Gamefaqs Pokemon Club ID #00039
#3AvengerVPosted 3/29/2014 7:47:37 AM
I feel you
---
3DS FC: 5026-4492-3925
#417MasterPosted 3/29/2014 7:50:01 AM
So you're saying that the way other people play the game kills the experience for you personally? I'm not certain I understand.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/17Master
#5GoGoatPosted 3/29/2014 7:52:15 AM
Been here since gen 1 and I don't really give a flying **** about cheating devices, to the point I value my 'mons more than I did when I was a kid.
---
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
3ds FC: 1934-0765-5595 http://i.imgur.com/t35hiVk.jpg
#6imthestuntmanPosted 3/29/2014 7:54:12 AM
people would still be desperate for shiny high iv pokemon. cheating just makes it more obtainable for those not able to invest the time to do it properly.
---
These minor spelling errors were brought to you by an ipad having no real feedback to enable me to know when i mistype and my own laziness.
#7gamemaster712Posted 3/29/2014 7:55:01 AM
GoGoat posted...
Been here since gen 1 and I don't really give a flying **** about cheating devices, to the point I value my 'mons more than I did when I was a kid.

---
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 3DS FC: 3411-1747-3961 Y: Sean; X: Lily; Serebii 4 Life; OGTG breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.
#8TAINTED ENIGMAPosted 3/29/2014 8:02:36 AM
Value of Pokémon? It's collection of numerical statistics with a graphical design on a digital interface... How is there value to begin with?

That said, I've been able to manufacture shinies since gen2, so to me shinies have never had "value." Perfect IV Pokémon can be achieved with sufficient time and hence have minimal "value" as no skill or luck is required. Events have "value" to me, but only collection value, I refuse to use 'mons who can't breed in a battle. However, I do have a sense of integrity, I will not use a 'mon in a battle I didn't breed or catch legit (got that out of my system 10 years ago).

Adding "value" to the 'mons in the first place just opens you up to be exploited by people who don't mind cloning events, manufacturing shinies, and altering IVs which inevitably occurs. Does this kill the value? No the opposite, it adds for me because I wouldn't play the games if I had to waste an additional 100 hours on RNG.
---
Live in your world, play in mine...
#9Makino_YushiroPosted 3/29/2014 8:09:21 AM(edited)
I used to be against it but now I dont mind. The point of the game is to catch them all and Gamefreak made it that you cant even legitimately do that in game. Take past event Pokemon for example, it makes sense that they were hard to get in their respective games but when the next game comes out, those Pokemon should be made more accessible. Not only that.. Even if someone ported their event pokemon from a past game, they cant even trade it on the GTS because it's "special".
So yeah, it's no wonder players find their own methods to complete the game.... And you cant really blame them either.
#10mrballerswagginPosted 3/29/2014 8:08:21 AM
In a way yes, but I stopped caring a long time ago.
---
FC: 1478-4162-6801 IGN: Ariel
Pyroar's slogan: "Put 'em to rest with the pitch of the voice, WRAAAGH!"