This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Breeding Grassy Terrain / moves I want onto Pokemon help please.

#1TheGreatEaterPosted 3/29/2014 2:18:15 PM
I've run into a bit of a problem when it comes to getting egg moves onto pokemon that I want. The current one is a Gloom with Chlorophil and Grassy Terrain, and a Bulbasaur. I was suprised that my fist attempt got me Hidden Ability Bulbas, but no Grassy Terrain. Anyone know how to transplant a move from one pokemon to another?

Btw:

Bulba: Has Everstone

Gloom: Has Destiny Knot

[don't know if that info is useful or not].
#2rob_thijsPosted 3/30/2014 7:32:16 PM
Does your gloom have multiple moves bulbasaur can learn?
Maybe there is not enough room because it will always have the move tackle and 3 additional moves.
#3darkshadowspawnPosted 3/30/2014 8:08:25 PM
Since both parents now pass any applicable moves, it can end up that you could pass 8 moves down.

What are the moves each parent has?
---
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh
#4TheGreatEater(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2014 12:41:08 PM
rob_thijs posted...
Maybe there is not enough room because it will always have the move tackle and 3 additional moves.

Yes.

darkshadowspawn posted...
Since both parents now pass any applicable moves, it can end up that you could pass 8 moves down.

What are the moves each parent has?

Gloom:

Petal Dance
Giga Drain
Grassy Terrain
Moonlight

Bulbasaur:

Curse
Magical Leaf
Sludge
Charm

Thanks y'all for your replies.
#5SorrySleepingPosted 3/31/2014 12:47:05 PM
rob_thijs posted...

Yeah no, you can teach a pokemon 4 eggs moves.
---
~{Compain_Cube_ is Goomy}~
"Fiora's got the best everything. Except, you know, in-game effectiveness." -TheEvilOmega
#6Chaosmaster00Posted 3/31/2014 12:54:19 PM

Say that to my Worry Seed/Ingrain/Sweet Scent/Natural Gift Lilligant's face.
---
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | PKMN X - IGN: Sapphire (Shiny Charm obtained: 2/5/2014)
Friend Safari: Fire - Growlithe, Charmeleon, Braixen | TSV: 401
#7darkshadowspawnPosted 3/31/2014 1:22:14 PM
Looking at the list, I'm willing to bet the babies are popping out as carbon-copies of the mother, move-wise, right? If so, that's because the following rules are how moves are passed down (with Bulbasaur's current moves in parenthesis, overwriting as needed):

1. Any moves that the baby would normally have at level 1 (Tackle)
2. Any moves that are on the father's move set that are egg moves for the baby (Tackle, Petal Dance, Giga Drain, Grassy Terrain).
3. Any moves that are on the mother's move set that are egg moves for the baby (Curse, Magical Leaf, Sludge, Charm).
4. Any moves that are shared by the parents that are on the baby's level-up move list (Curse, Magical Leaf, Sludge, Charm).
5*. Any moves that are TM moves that either parent has that the baby could learn via TM (Curse, Magical Leaf, Sludge, Charm).

* - I'm not entirely sure that this step still exists, as I've heard both ways and haven't seen any info to suggest that it was removed.

Basically, since the mother has four egg moves that the babies could learn, that's what the babies will come out with. To get just Grassy Terrain, all you need to do is delete (or change) one of the moves that the mother has and the babies will get three of mom's moves and Grassy Terrain from dad.
---
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh