This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I am gonna use a slugma for my current playthrough....

#21SilverZangoosePosted 3/31/2014 11:01:20 AM
paipr posted...
SilverZangoose posted...
How about Reset? Because that's what you're probably going to do to your playthrough when you realise you'll never pass the Water E4 member. You're using one of the slowest Pokemon there is, have a 4X weakness to everything on his team and have piss poor health and Special Defence.

It's not the only member of my team. So for the water E4 I think I'll find a way to get past. Besides there is always solar beam.

Oh, I thought you meant you were going to try and solo the game with it.

Either way, Magcargo wouldn't stand a chance against the Water E4. If you used Solar Beam, they would kill you while you're charging, or while you're setting up Sunny Day. Even if you had Sunny Day set up previously, I don't think Magcargo would be able to knock out Gyrados in one hit, and that's assuming Magcargo had a huge level lead on the E4, since otherwise, they'd just go first and knock Magcargo out before it can move. Magcargo has horrible Speed, I think you'd need a good 30+ levels on them to be hitting first.
---
Zangoose is the one good Pokemon that came after Gen 1, everything else about Gen 3, as well as gens 2, 4, 5 and 6 is awful. I do not like Gen 3, just Zangoose.
#22paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2014 11:41:04 AM
SilverZangoose posted...

Oh, I thought you meant you were going to try and solo the game with it.

Either way, Magcargo wouldn't stand a chance against the Water E4. If you used Solar Beam, they would kill you while you're charging, or while you're setting up Sunny Day. Even if you had Sunny Day set up previously, I don't think Magcargo would be able to knock out Gyrados in one hit, and that's assuming Magcargo had a huge level lead on the E4, since otherwise, they'd just go first and knock Magcargo out before it can move. Magcargo has horrible Speed, I think you'd need a good 30+ levels on them to be hitting first.

oh no, honestly soloing the game sounds boring/hard for all the wrong reasons, but if i was gonna it wouldnt be slugma/magcargo that id be doing it with.

and yeah, so far he isnt proving that great, not hitting hard, slow, and as slugma getting 1 or 2 hit KO'ed (even with evolite) from anything it doesnt have at least 5lvls on. almost as bad as when i was using helioptile, except at least helioptile has the speed to hit first most the time.
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
fc:0602-6823-9646, SV:932,FS:electric. my wifes 0146.9112.0071