This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Things that bug your "Pokemon OCD" and things that bug you in general.

#1ajko000Posted 3/30/2014 6:16:24 PM
How the Steel type is called, well, the Steel type. Not all "metals" if you will, are Steel. Steel is a singular component among the many other possible metals. Should be called "Metal Type".

How unappreciated the Poison type is in concept. It represents death, sickness, disease, bacteria, actual poisons and toxins, and so much more grimy, gunky, "yucky" stuff. I love it, most don't.

How Fairy type isn't weak to Ghost or Dark, yet it's weak to Steel and not Rock? I get Poison though.

How Fighting is good against Steel types. I get Ice, I get Rock, but with Steel they are really pushing that whole "break solids with your fighting skills" thing. Breaking Ice, like glacial ice, is difficult period. I can handle it for Ice and Rock, but Steel just seems overly generous.

How Pokemon with wings aren't given immunity from Ground types, regardless of typing or ability.

How Pokemon that are Ground type are vulnerable to Flying type moves, it should be both ways. Ground can't hit a creature in flight, but have you ever seen a creature in flight try to beat up on Ground? Splat.

Why is Ghost weak to Dark? They should be resistant or normal towards each other.

Ghost and Fairy are the "spiritual" evil vs good, Fighting and Dark are the physical and mental aspects. Nobody shares this ideology with me.

Why is Dragon weak to Ice? I think it is fair considering their already powerful setups, but the logic? I don't understand.

Why is Fairy good against Dragon? "Because fairy tales and what not, fairies give their power to a hero!" Yes, they don't actually fight the Dragon. Why? Because Dragons usually have a resistance to magic. If they didn't, don't you think it would be wiser to send a Wizard with the ability to summon a meteor storm to fight the dragon? Killing it almost instantly with that or another natural disaster? No, that's why they send dinky knights. The Fairy vs Dragon typing makes no sense either way.

I wish I also knew the logic behind the specific numbers for IVs and EVs, why they chose such numbers as 31, 252, and 510 and the methods of distributing those among a Pokemon in accordance with their level. Who thought of this and why do they keep it?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8X_Ot0k4XJc
3DS FC: 0662 4574 8607 | | FS: Ground - Phanpy, Camerupt, Diggersby
#2HydregionzekPosted 3/30/2014 6:18:45 PM
The numbers are due to binary code, and powers of 2.

My OCD is that eggs must be hatched on Route 7, or they are deemed genetically useless.
---
OGPC ID #00000.IGN Caesar Fc:3024-5514-8113. Eevee, Dunsparce, Mincinno TSV: 3089. PM if you have an egg matching.
Visit the OGPC and Mz-RSA! Best Set Maker.
#3fedartzPosted 3/30/2014 6:24:24 PM
Same with FullMetalAlchemist. Its Japanese Hagane means Steel so it shoot be FullSteelAlchemist
---
FC: 1478 - 5012 - 5198
#4mada7Posted 3/30/2014 6:25:59 PM
The whole bug resisting fighting thing confuses me since Im pretty sure I could smush a bug with my fist and for some reason I keep thinking that fighting resists bug
---
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448
IGN Janine
#5ajko000(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2014 6:28:04 PM
mada7 posted...
The whole bug resisting fighting thing confuses me since Im pretty sure I could smush a bug with my fist and for some reason I keep thinking that fighting resists bug

It's because Bugs have exoskeletons, capable of withstanding obscene amounts of force and pressure along with some chemicals. However this only works to scale, and if bugs were as large as they are in the game their exoskeletons would crush them. So there is clearly something missing, or that typing still makes no sense.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8X_Ot0k4XJc
3DS FC: 0662 4574 8607 | | FS: Ground - Phanpy, Camerupt, Diggersby
#6MJOLNRVIIPosted 3/30/2014 6:30:26 PM
Caterpie.
---
XBL GT: MercifulScarab PSN: DemonsniperM40 3DS FC: 3866-8391-7573
http://i.imgur.com/nwEkc0K.gif
#7Pokechamp7707Posted 3/30/2014 6:30:33 PM
ajko000 posted...
mada7 posted...

It's because Bugs have exoskeletons, capable of withstanding obscene amounts of force and pressure along with some chemicals. However this only works to scale, and if bugs were as large as they are in the game their exoskeletons would crush them. So there is clearly something missing, or that typing still makes no sense.

No, it's because both bugs and fighters are seen as righteous good guys. Hence why they resist each other, they're on the same side
#8Brodiac1992Posted 3/30/2014 6:33:12 PM
I don't like how only Dark and Normal types are resistant/immune to Ghost. Ghost needs to be nerfed offensively.
---
FC: 3368-1463-4408/ IGN: Brody/ Friend Safari: Grumpig, Espurr, Duosion
---Freaking Starmie, though. Such a boss.