This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Very new to competitive play (need advice)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Very new to competitive play (need advice)
2 years ago#1
ok after a long time of breeding i have trained my favorite pokemon (i have a feeling they don't work well all together in one team :( )

i have:

Charizard
Ablility: blaze (drought when mega)
Nature: Modest
Item: charizardite y
perfect 6 IVs

252 satk/ 252 speed/ 6 hp

air slash
flamethrower
solar beam
fire spin

Tyranitar
Ability: sandstream
Nature: Admant
item: most likely going to be assault vest (but can switch up for mega tyranitar for different team setup)
perfect 6 IVs

252 hp/ 236 atk/ 20 speed

crunch
stone edge
earthquake
Ariel ace

Scizor
Ablity: Technician
Nature: Admant
item: don't know what he should hold (can go mega for different team setup)
perfect 5 IVs missing satk

252 hp/ 252 atk/ 6 def

Sword dance
U-turn
bullet punch
brick break

(i have another scizor but with only atk iv perfect and 30 on speed that i transfered in from black 2 as i was learning about breeding and move building that has super power....)

Gengar
ability: levitate
Nature: timid
Item: same as Scizor have no clue but could go mega on different team setup

perfect 5 IVs missing attk

252 spatk/ 252 speed/ 6 hp

sludge bomb
shadow ball
dazzling Gleam
thunderbolt

i do have legendaries like yveltal with 31 on speed and satk and near perfect zekrom but im trying for a team without legendaries

i have 2 more slots that i need to fill up but i don't know if my existing pkm will even work well in the same team.

any ideas on what other 2 pokemon i should add or what i should take out for another? as i think i have too many sweepers.....
"I can understand you wanting to kill yourself, but can't you think of another way to commit suicide?" Duo Maxwell
2 years ago#2
Why fire spin?
OGPC ID #00000.IGN Caesar Fc:3024-5514-8113. Eevee, Dunsparce, Mincinno TSV: 3089. PM if you have an egg matching.
Visit the OGPC and Mz-RSA! Best Set Maker.
2 years ago#3
i could not think of another move for charizard so when he learned fire spin i replaced growl with it haha

edit: i also heard it was a good move to trap pokemon with but that is not my ideal build as i think he is too fragile to trap
"I can understand you wanting to kill yourself, but can't you think of another way to commit suicide?" Duo Maxwell
2 years ago#4
Use Earthquake on Zard so you don't get walled by Heatran.
2 years ago#5
but his atk is weak.... but u actually have a point hmmm
2 years ago#6
I think you should use X-Scissor instead of U-Turn on Scizor if you're gonna be using Swords Dance
FC: 0318-7575-1563 IGN: Pratim
Ice Safari - Sneasel, Delibird, Dewgong
2 years ago#7
true that it does more dmg but i could aslo use my scizor as a scout no?

btw just made zard learn earthquake
2 years ago#8
Common set on Charizard Y is Fire Blast, Solar Beam, Focus Blast (for the same reasons as Earthquake but is a Special Attack and can hit Air Balloon users), and Dragon Pulse (to OHKO most Dragon types).

Pokemon like Rotom-W and Ferrothorn are great choices for Physical Walls but might not work well with your Charizard Y's Ability. I would recommend Gliscor or Mandibuzz.
3DS FC: 2036-8182-0874 IGN: Ankon
2 years ago#9
tezzilla posted...
true that it does more dmg but i could aslo use my scizor as a scout no?

SD sets are meant to be sweeping,not scouting.If you plan on Scout Scizor,replace SD with something else.
Pokemon Y Player! FC | IGN: 3539-9813-2428 | James TSV;0444
Small List:http://tinyurl.com/krzopl5
2 years ago#10
yes but dragon pulse i jsut found out is a egg move i don't want to waste this perfect iv zard.... (and i don't want to spend another week on another one hehe
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Very new to competitive play (need advice)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived