This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

YR: You're playing your new Gen VII game (yes, you read that right)

#1DarthNightmaricPosted 3/31/2014 12:26:53 PM
Okay, Gen VIII has just come out. You've beat the Elite Four in the games, and just got an item called the "Reveal Scope" - kinda like the Reveal Glass and the Silph Scope put together. You go into a cave. At the center is a room with a bird in it. It's a Legendary Pokemon that the inhabitants of the village around that cave claim distorts reality and even alters it. You enter a battle with this creature - apparently called "Ongnissim"

You see a text box that reads:

"The Reveal Scope revealed Ongnissim's true form!"

The graphics become scrambled. It becomes 2D and begins to become a square. A mouth and an eye (this is sideways) forms on the left, then it gets thinner above the eye. A classic backwards L-block takes shape.

You recognize it immediately.

It's MissingNo. You catch it, and look at its stats. It's a Bird-and-Normal type, and it's apparently a Legendary. You look in each section of your bag. The sixth item in each pocket (or last if it's less than 6 items) has been increased to 999. You panic, check its moves, and discover it's these:

Water Gun
Pay Day
Sky Attack
Bind

So, you go to your Hall of Fame. It's perfectly normal. You visit the main city of the region - basically like Saffron City, Goldenrod City, etc. and the regional Professor walks up to you and says there's a visitor for you in a house that has been empty the entire game. You visit the house and the man, instantly recognizable, introduces himself as Professor Oak. He gives you the National Pokedex (outfitted with every Glitch Pokemon, every variant of said Glitch Pokemon, etc.) found in each generation. 'M? Charizard 'M? a? Q (triangle symbol)? They're all there. From that point on, wild Glitch Pokemon can be found throughout the game.

Well, if this sequence happened to you next gen, what would be your reaction?
---
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10120685/1/Pokemon-Orange Last Updated March 24, 2014
hitechno: Yes, Cartman's mother is Ash's father.
#2BlissedIgnorancPosted 3/31/2014 12:28:48 PM
YR: People stop making spammy YR threads.
---
3DS FC: 3754 7732 9971 Fighting Safari - Meditite, Sawk, Tyrogue
#3TalesOfXAndYPosted 3/31/2014 12:29:28 PM
Do you even know how many glitch Pokemon exist?
---
Member of Official Gamefaqs Pokemon Club ID:00004 Dragon Gym Leader Badge:Myth Badge
FC:3024 5382 4032 Barry//http://i.imgur.com/kCC4Ave.gif
#4HHDeceptionPosted 3/31/2014 12:29:40 PM
MR: ok
#5DarthNightmaric(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2014 12:30:16 PM
TalesOfXAndY posted...

Yes. 208 in Gen I, who knows how many versions of ? and ?????????? exist in Gen III.
---
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10120685/1/Pokemon-Orange Last Updated March 24, 2014
#6Matthew3DSGamerPosted 3/31/2014 12:30:18 PM
I would sell the game. I don't understand why glitch Pokémon are so popular.
---
3DS FC: 3351-4614-3880
PM me if you add me.
#7DarthNightmaric(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2014 12:31:05 PM
Matthew3DSGamer posted...

Because they have a certain charm. Knowing the games do have some flaws makes them better, because it shows they're not perfect and that there's going to be another generation to improve. Plus, they have character.
---
#8BlissedIgnorancPosted 3/31/2014 12:31:26 PM

Nostalgia, that's about it.
---
3DS FC: 3754 7732 9971 Fighting Safari - Meditite, Sawk, Tyrogue
#9P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 3/31/2014 12:32:47 PM
DarthNightmaric posted...

Because they have a certain charm. Knowing the games do have some flaws makes them better, because it shows they're not perfect and that there's going to be another generation to improve. Plus, they have character.

Glitch pokemon have a certain charm because they're glitches; they aren't intentional and they aren't officially recognized.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
3DS FC: 3222-6121-8437
#10TalesOfXAndYPosted 3/31/2014 12:36:07 PM
DarthNightmaric posted...
TalesOfXAndY posted...

Yes. 208 in Gen I, who knows how many versions of ? and ?????????? exist in Gen III.

And you want a stupidly large Pokedex just for cool factor?
If you're counting every single glitch there are 494 Generation IV Hybrids
There's 25 versions of ? from what i've read but i don't know about ??????????
---
Member of Official Gamefaqs Pokemon Club ID:00004 Dragon Gym Leader Badge:Myth Badge
FC:3024 5382 4032 Barry//http://i.imgur.com/kCC4Ave.gif