This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trick Room Breeding?

#1AnimakoPosted 3/31/2014 6:20:56 PM
Hello there,

I am making an "ideal" version of my top 50 favorite Pokemon (not those that are the strongest, but those I like best). I'm currently preparing a list with their IVs, EVs, moves they could have, etc.

I have quite a few in there that have relatively slow Speed (Musharna, Audino, Aromatisse, to name a few). I think it might be a good idea to make a Trick Room team with thos. Trick Room being a TM, I can just remove it when I don't need it. I don't aim to be the best, I just want to have fun and make the best build possible for my favorite Pokes.

The thing is, I don't know if I should breed them with 0 or 31 Speed IVs. I'm not -always- going to use them as a Trick Room team, they might be matched with other Pokemon too. Am I ruining Trick Room if I breed them with 31 Speed? Or am I ruining their effectiveness in other situations if I breed them with 0 Speed? Does it matter at all, since they already have such low Speed?

I'd like your input on this question :-)

Thank you very much!
---
3DS FC - 1091 8283 0723
IGN is Summer, happy trading :)
#2PokeponPosted 3/31/2014 6:27:52 PM
Not all Pokemon that work under Trick Room have to have abysmal speed stats, you can even try to fit in faster Pokemon on your team (base 100 Spd is the limit imo). Having a 0 Spd (or a very low speed IV) on your Trick Room mons is essential for Trick Room working in your favor, as you may be "out-slowed" by other Pokemon in Trick Room (eg. Ferrothorn). Instead of having 31 Speed IVs on your Trick Room mons, you should have a fast, backup sweeper with on your team 31 IVs in speed just in case Trick Room fails.
---
FC: 0946-3202-3422 l Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb
OGPC ID #00037
#3HydregionzekPosted 3/31/2014 6:28:49 PM
Ehh..
Once you breed one Pokemon, the other is not that hard. Breed two copies, one for TR and one for regular.

Though realistically, putting 0IV is better in the long run. No one will be slower for the most part had you put the IV's in.
---
OGPC ID #00000.IGN Caesar Fc:3024-5514-8113. Eevee, Dunsparce, Mincinno TSV: 3089. PM if you have an egg matching.
Visit the OGPC and Mz-RSA! Best Set Maker.
#4Xynaxus64Posted 3/31/2014 6:33:34 PM
Hydregionzek posted...
Ehh..
Once you breed one Pokemon, the other is not that hard. Breed two copies, one for TR and one for regular.

Though realistically, putting 0IV is better in the long run. No one will be slower for the most part had you put the IV's in.

---
3ds FC: 1977-0205-6694
QP3W-WWWW-WWW5-YH63
#5Animako(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2014 6:43:36 PM
It's not about breeding being hard, it's about having only one of each. I nickname my Pokemon, I know it may sound weird, but I want to have a full roster of Pokemon I have carefully selected, breeded and raised.
---
3DS FC - 1091 8283 0723
IGN is Summer, happy trading :)
#6HydregionzekPosted 3/31/2014 6:45:35 PM
Animako posted...
It's not about breeding being hard, it's about having only one of each. I nickname my Pokemon, I know it may sound weird, but I want to have a full roster of Pokemon I have carefully selected, breeded and raised.

Then my second part applies. Use 0IV.
---
OGPC ID #00000.IGN Caesar Fc:3024-5514-8113. Eevee, Dunsparce, Mincinno TSV: 3089. PM if you have an egg matching.
Visit the OGPC and Mz-RSA! Best Set Maker.