This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gen 5 = San Andreas, gen 6 = GTA IV

#11Fastest_SpartanPosted 4/3/2014 1:32:15 PM
Starbound2013 posted...
If that's the case gen 7 will be the best yet, considering gta 5 is the best yet. Especially online.

Fix'd
---
If someone tries to touch you, DO A BARREL ROLL!!!
#12Starbound2013Posted 4/3/2014 1:37:53 PM
Fastest_Spartan posted...
Starbound2013 posted...
If that's the case gen 7 will be the best yet, considering gta 5 is the best yet. Especially online.

Fix'd

I'm glad you fell for the 300 million dollar gimmick. Admittedly I did too, but then I traded in my copy for FE:A. Much better choice.

I even went to launch at midnight, got me a cool cardboard gta display. But after the horrid launch of online, and then the fact that they spend their time trying to get you to buy micro transactions...

And single player is boring. After you beat te story there are only "collect XXX amount of these" missions.
---
AC:NL: 5413 - 0144 - 2904
PSN: thund3rkatg6
#13Fastest_SpartanPosted 4/3/2014 1:43:11 PM
I like how you only focus on the post game content to determine how "boring" the single player is, ignoring the incredible length, missions, and other content the single player offered you. Plus, it's GTA, what else is there to do after beating the game besides just running amuck?

Online got better after the first month. I haven't spent a single cent on micro transactions and my buddies and I have a blast.
---
If someone tries to touch you, DO A BARREL ROLL!!!
#14Starbound2013Posted 4/3/2014 1:58:52 PM
I never did either, the story was decent, but there are few ways to make large amounts o cash to continue doing the things you want. The millions of dollars from the last mission go pretty quick once you buy all 5 things there is to buy. There like what, 10 side missions? Including the ones like "collect 100 space parts" or "collect 30 barrels of toxic waste" "wander through the desert for 5 miles". Super fun. Plus you can't do any more heists the end.

Online was fun for a while untill they started patching everything and making it incredibly hard to level and gain money. I played up untill they released the beach pack or whatever. The whole "bad sport lobby" thing is about stupid for a gta game, too. They give you a tank which basically just lands you in the dunce zone. Good thing I spent all that time and money getting it...

Then R* gets all butthurt when I exploit all their loopholes and get to max level and billions of dollars quickly, and start blanket banning because they were the negligent ones. I will never buy a GTA game again. R* has lost all my respect, what with their "cloud" and their poor PR
---
#15TropiOUsPosted 4/3/2014 2:30:22 PM
GTA SA was fun, BW was not.
---
Yes, I'm that guy from Smogon. 80% of my posts are troll posts. I HATE DRUDDIGON
#16TheJester2Posted 4/3/2014 2:36:32 PM
Why has bashing GTA 5 become a thing? It was amazing. It was funny, interesting, had great characters, and was REALLY fun to stuff in.

Yes, GTA:O sucks. GTA"O =/= GTA 5. Stop bashing one because of the other. GTA IV was pretty good, but it was a big step down from San Andreas, even on a fundamental level (no flying, seriously).

Everyone loved GTA 5 until GTA:O came out and was a **** show. Stop pretending like the whole game suddenly was awful now.
---
[This sig was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator for potential sexual innuendo]
GT: TheLordOfLinens http://i.imgur.com/LzUKiAC.jpg - Score!
#17TropiOUsPosted 4/3/2014 2:38:22 PM
TheJester2 posted...
Why has bashing GTA 5 become a thing? It was amazing. It was funny, interesting, had great characters, and was REALLY fun to stuff in.

Yes, GTA:O sucks. GTA"O =/= GTA 5. Stop bashing one because of the other. GTA IV was pretty good, but it was a big step down from San Andreas, even on a fundamental level (no flying, seriously).

Everyone loved GTA 5 until GTA:O came out and was a **** show. Stop pretending like the whole game suddenly was awful now.

you know IV is 4 right
---
Yes, I'm that guy from Smogon. 80% of my posts are troll posts. I HATE DRUDDIGON
#18Starbound2013Posted 4/3/2014 2:48:01 PM
TheJester2 posted...

I bet you are one of those people who said that we didn't pay for gta:o, it came free with the game lol no it was marketed along side gta5, and without the promise of gta:o people would never have bought as many copies of gta5.

Also, as I mentioned the story was good, I'll give it that, but it basically stops there. Non-repeatable heists, no good ways to make money after the last mission, you run out of money to get the cars you want, and anyways the only thing to do after the story are collection missions. If they had added more substance than just the main story, like some side missions that were actually relevant and not tedious, then it would be loads better.
---
#19ExcIusivity69Posted 4/3/2014 2:49:31 PM
ThatKipp posted...
The budget was higher, the graphics were better, and everything else was worse.

Anyone who prefers the wheather wars over the new rebalanced type chart, and mega evolutions making several pokémon viable loses all credibility.
---
I thought it was legit because it was Japanese. - jogglypuff
#20RingsOfUranusPosted 4/3/2014 3:23:37 PM(edited)
Starbound2013 posted...
TheJester2 posted...

I bet you are one of those people who said that we didn't pay for gta:o, it came free with the game lol no it was marketed along side gta5, and without the promise of gta:o people would never have bought as many copies of gta5.

Also, as I mentioned the story was good, I'll give it that, but it basically stops there. Non-repeatable heists, no good ways to make money after the last mission, you run out of money to get the cars you want, and anyways the only thing to do after the story are collection missions. If they had added more substance than just the main story, like some side missions that were actually relevant and not tedious, then it would be loads better.

It wasn't marketed alongside the game, actually. The full premise of GTA Online wasn't even known until after the game was released. Rockstar had released virtually no information on it other than "It's pretty much a different game altogether" before launch. Straight up false.

The Grand Theft Auto brand has always been a license to print money, and it would have faltered only slightly had it not had any online functionality at all.
---
Official Gengar
"Your actions in the virtual world will affect your actions in the real one." -TrainerAura