This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do I bother playing when everybody disconnects to avoid a loss.

#11waterdeepchuPosted 4/5/2014 6:32:05 AM
R-A-V posted...
No one likes losing. It's perfectly normal to D/C when you're losing, especially when the opponent might be using a cookie cutter team.

Ive actually found one situation where I think its okay to DC. Gloaters. These are people who know they will win the next turn, and intentionally delay. I wait 30 seconds. if they don't move, I DC. I don't like to, but it gets to a pointSplinter_Within posted...
waterdeepchu posted...
? No im pretty sure it doesnt work that way. When people DC on me, there's a delay of about 1 match before it gives me the win. Ive recorded it and it happens like that every time. This isnt 5th gen o.O

Or is this some kind of silly joke thread? Its too early for jokes x_x

Other than the points tallied up from the next round win, I'm not anymore in the positive. Sometimes it records it but it says something different about the player connection being lost. I don't remember but next time it happens I'll write it out

Oh yeah, I've seen that but its rare and weird. ive only had it happen that way when the player DCs at the start of a doubles or triples turn, and the error comes at the end of the animations. I assume that has something to do with the server timing out. Most of the time though when you get the error you mentioned, its not actually someone intentionally DCing, and was instead caused be a server issue.

The servers are notoriously glitchy. If you've ever seen it tell you that they could not find another trainer for a free singles match or a wonder trade, its the same issue.
---
Friend Code: 2707-2146-0610
Ditto, Kecleon, Lillipup
#12Teh_MaimedPosted 4/5/2014 6:53:01 AM
It's funny how people really care about their W/L record, there's a forfeit option for god's sake. Not a lot of people have respect if they're anonymous.
---
:-)
#13CircleOfManiasPosted 4/5/2014 7:01:32 AM(edited)
R-A-V posted...
No one likes losing. It's perfectly normal to D/C when you're losing, especially when the opponent might be using a cookie cutter team.

This is completely unacceptable in every other game in existence. How does it feel being the absolute worst cesspool of a community in gaming?

You know you can forfeit, right?
---
Sick liaisons raise this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
#14LostsecretPosted 4/5/2014 7:05:06 AM(edited)
In rated battle, if the other player disconnects. You get a win.

If you aren't getting the win, usually takes 5-10 mins to update, then they didn't disconnect. It's probably your Internet.

EDIT: fixed grammar
---
It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning.
#15mrballerswagginPosted 4/5/2014 7:18:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#16DesulatedPosted 4/5/2014 7:48:05 AM
Don't you get a loss if you D/C in rated?
---
3DS FC: 4785 5422 7178
https://www.fanfiction.net/~soldierofthefuture
#17Splinter_Within(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2014 12:34:24 PM(edited)
Lostsecret posted...
In rated battle, if the other player disconnects. You get a win.

If you aren't getting the win, usually takes 5-10 mins to update, then they didn't disconnect. It's probably your Internet.

EDIT: fixed grammar

it could be my internet. it happens more when I'm on my jobs Wi-Fi. It's siMilar to a player disconnection notice but I don't think it actually mentions that I've lost the connection?

Teh_Maimed posted...
It's funny how people really care about their W/L record, there's a forfeit option for god's sake. Not a lot of people have respect if they're anonymous.

my w/l record has me negative like thirty something over my wins. but I changed a lot if things and I hit 1530 last night, point being you're right w/l means nothing.
---
currently playing: Ff: lightning returns, pokemon y, beyond two souls, DMC. pokemon fc: 0490-6475-3119 ign: Michael
#18R-A-VPosted 4/5/2014 5:13:54 PM
CircleOfManias posted...
R-A-V posted...

This is completely unacceptable in every other game in existence. How does it feel being the absolute worst cesspool of a community in gaming?

You know you can forfeit, right?

How does it feel being an online troll? How about you shut the f*** up?
#19Xynaxus64Posted 4/5/2014 5:18:47 PM
Usually when they DC on me, it's at the end of the last turn, after I've won the battle, but before I can save the battle video.
---
3ds FC: 1977-0205-6694
QP3W-WWWW-WWW5-YH63
#20CrescentKnightPosted 4/5/2014 5:44:11 PM
Makes you question why they took away the whole losing points for disconnecting to be honest.
---
FC: 1005-8916-0531
Pokemon X Safari: Dark. Nuzleaf, Sableye, Sneasel.