This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You have these 3 pokemon to survive a Pokemon Zombie World; I'll rate that team

#221lighting_rock84Posted 4/15/2014 7:24:49 AM
Bump
---
Die Monster! You don't belong in this world!
3DS FC- 1478-2952-5548
#222FalseOddityPosted 4/15/2014 7:51:58 AM
My team:
-Beldum
-Pidgey
-Chatot

Burn Pidgey and 2 TMs to get me a Metagross,
meaning i have an intimidating giant metal spider on my
team, which is good for lots of things.

Moves:

-Metagross@Leftovers

Ability: Light Metal: Metagross weighs half and so doesn't necessarily
make the earth tremble when he walks.

-Psychic:
Main attack move. Metagross uses this move to literally explode zombie
and bandit brains alike. Metagross can also use this move for shifting
heavy objects to create temporary defences.

-Iron Defence:
Used when it is necessary for Metagross to go into combat with the
undead. Can also be used so Metagross can create a temporary shelter
for us.

-Magnet Rise:
Used mainly at night, Magnet rise allows Metagross to "Hover"
above ground. As this giant metal floating fortress Hovers above
ground, Chatot and I get some rest

-Rain Dance:
My source of water since rain water doesn't need to be purified.

If we get hungry, Metagross can help us with his leftovers, so that
is a bonus.

Chatot@Air Mail

Ability: Keen Eye: Makes hitting things much easier.

-Echoed voice:
Can be used to distract zombies and bandits, making them believe we
are in a different direction. This can also be used if we are
robbing people, we can make our victims believe that there
are plenty more of us then there actually is.

-Roost:
Used mainly whilst hovering on Metagross, Chatot rests whilst we
hover so when we eventually land we have a fully rested Chatot ready
for flight.

-Double Team (White TM)
As well as hearing many Chatots, the victims see hundreds of Chatots flinging themselves
towards them. Above them is the floating Metagross of doom, using
Psychic to bring back all those who would dare try to escape. In
reality, the REAL Chatot is on top of Metagross with me, so no harm
can really befall him. Can also be used to distract zombies whilst
escaping.

-Fly:
Fly allows me to quickly
escape a horde of zombies, rather then battle them. Usually used when
Metagross is resting and cannot levitate us out.

Air Mail. I'm actually surprised i haven't seen many people use this.
Can be used to send messages to groups I have befriended to tell them
of oncoming danger, bandit bases, reservoirs and good places for
shelter.

My Plan:
Basically to start out I shall rob people for supplies and make my
base using Metagross to shift things around with Psychic and create
Barbed fences. I will stockpile the items i have robbed, water from
Rain dance and I will send my Chatot to scout for berry bushes, farms
etc. Once I have accumulated some stuff, i will levitate out in search
of groups. Using my increased Metagross driven intellect, I will
offer them the protection of LOTS of Chatots (Double Teams) and a
Psychic Metal Spider. also, to persuade them, Chatot will use
echoed voice to make people think someone in their group is saying
"I think we should".
After this, if they allow me, my role will mainly be scout/muscle.
Metagross protecting the group, Chatot searching for food. i have to
Rely mainly on the group for sources of food, but i can provide water
for myself using Rain Dance. If the group decides to turn on me, my
Metagross (with the intellect of a supercomputer) can read heir body
language and expressions. Following this, Chatot will send double teams
straight at them. the chaos of hundreds of loud Chatots will allow
me and the real chatot to escape on Metagross, as well as attracting
attention from Zombies onto the treacherous group. After this, it is
wash, rinse and repeat until I find a completely trustworthy group.
#223DarkexxodPosted 4/15/2014 4:10:26 PM
Medicham:
Ability: Pure Power
Item: Medichamite
Psychic(TM)
Detect
Mind Reader
Fire Punch

Mawile:
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Item: Mawileite
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Sing(XD)
Sweet Scent

Tropius:
Ability: Harvest
Item: Leftovers
Fly
Synthesis
Magical Leaf
Cut

Infected Elimination:
Medicham’s Psychic and Tropius’s Magical Leaf would be the main forms of attack. In a pinch, Medicham could use Fire Punch, but I’d rather it not get that close. If they do get too close, Mawile can clear out a good deal with Iron Head. I picture Hyper Cutter making Mawile immune to infection on its head-jaw thing, although its own body is still vulnerable.

Stealth:
Medicham and Mawile are both rather small, and therefore rather quiet. Tropius can simply fly over if its weight and resulting noise are an issue.

Food:
Tropius would be handling this almost exclusively. It’s a grass type, which makes growing food easier, not to mention the fact that we don’t even need to find berries to start making use of this due to the fruit on its neck. It also carries Leftovers to further keep us fed.

Water:
This’d be the bigger concern. If we find impure water, Medicham could try boiling it with Fire Punch, though that doesn’t seem too reliable. I’d rather just ask Mawile for a map with pure water sources marked on it, being a Fairy type and all. If need be, we can trade some of our food with others for water. Medicham could figure out who to trade with and who to avoid.

Survivors:
Medicham’s Mind Reader allows it to judge what a person’s intentions are, and whether we should group with them or not. We’d be able to offer a lot of food, as stated earlier, and I’m sure they’d be willing to share some water in exchange for said food.

Bandits:
Again, Medicham can detect what their plans are, and we’d have more than enough ways to stop them. If for some reason Medicham doesn’t realize that they’re bandits, Mawile’s Sing can put them to sleep so we can either get away or attack easier. If conflict does arise, that’d be Mawile’s time to shine. Without having to worry about its body being bitten and infected, it can freely bash them to pieces with its jaw-head thing, even easier if it Mega Evolves. If Mawile gets too overwhelmed, Medicham would probably step in to help, as putting its strength behind Fire Punch would result in a very bad day for the bandits.

Base Construction:
Medicham and Mawile can handle setting things up, especially with both of their Mega Evolutions and Medicham’s Pure Power. Tropius’s size and cutting makes it easier for it to move heavier materials closer to the shelter.

Escaping:
Tropius’s Fly could likely get all of us out of trouble, considering its size. We’d likely avoid large bodies of water though, as if Tropius gets too tired, we don’t have a Surfer. Sweet Scent could mask us enough to get away if flying isn’t an option.

Reliability:
All in all, we’d likely be able to handle everything on our own except water, unless Mawile finds that map.

Resilience:
With Medicham and Tropius handling most of the zombies with their ranged attacks, the chances of infection are lower, though not impossible, especially if they get too close and Mawile steps in. Tropius’s Synthesis can heal itself, and using it probably packs more nutrients into its fruit, which might help fight off infection until an actual cure is found. If Medicham’s psychic-calmingness isn’t enough to help one of us sleep, Mawile can sing, and Sweet Scent would likely be quite calming. If nothing else, maybe Medicham can juggle.
#224lighting_rock84Posted 4/15/2014 6:26:35 PM
@Darkexxod I'm assuming you brunt two TM's to evolve Meditite to to Medicham cause you you need to burn 2 TMs or a pokemon to have an evolved form.
---
Die Monster! You don't belong in this world!
3DS FC- 1478-2952-5548
#225Pendragon71037Posted 4/15/2014 6:57:20 PM(edited)
Rolled again, got Kabuto (from Kabutops, awwww yisss), Torchic (from Blaziken), and Slugma.

Maaaaaan, I really want a Kabutops, but Mega Blaziken thooooooo!!

Edit: WAIT WAIT: I get three TMs to start, and I can get three more from burning Slugma (which I was going to do anyway (it's not a good idea to leave a magma slug out where it could set supplies on fire), and that gives me six, enough for three evolutions! Yaaaaaaay!
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 6. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and am 100% proud of it. Kabutops: Because who needs hands?
#226DarkexxodPosted 4/15/2014 7:10:49 PM
Yes, that's correct, lighting. Hence why only Medicham has a TM move, and it only has one.
#227Pendragon71037Posted 4/15/2014 7:41:04 PM
I would just like to let you know that while I was checking Bulbapedia for their move pools, my post, which was usually decently long, was delete twice. Thanks, GameFAQS. Anyway, Kabutops (who I evolved using TMs), gets Aqua Jet, Slash, Mud Shot, and Harden. He gets Swift Swim for his ability, and a Sitrus Berry for his item.

I burn Slugma for three Tms, and use them and the other one that I started with to evolve Torchic twice. He gets speed boost for his ability, and Double Kick, Slash, Ember, and Fire Punch for moves. Blazikenite is his item.

Now then. Kabutops is my scout, and his typing lets him find water more easily. Harden is an interesting tactic, buffing his defenses until he's practically untouchable. Mud Shot if for both ranged offense and fertile soil for a garden. Slash is his go-to move, and Aqua Jet is for quick escapes. Swift Swim lets him escape easier in water, or just whenever it's raining. Also, if he finds a pond, he should be able to catch us some fish. Also, rock barriers. Also also, cutting stuff with his bare hands.

Blaziken is a zombie fighter of a different caliber. Instead of being untouchable because of impenetrable defense, he prefers to just not give the stupid, slow, weak zombies a chance to attack! Of course, constantly increasing his speed doesn't hurt on that front. Ember is for range, and starting fires, Double Kick is his go-to, Fire Punch is a flaming fist of awesome, and Slash is just there because. This guy is a pseudo fly, bring able to jump about 300 feet in the air, unmega'd. He also improves my own body condition.

So, I've got two powerful attackers, one of which is a scout, gardener, and hunter, the other of which is a speedster, fire starter, and base constructor. I think I'd be fine on my own, but help from a group is always appreciated. If I am alone, I'd probably head into the wilds. I've got the necessities, and plenty of backup. You'd also be pretty surprised at how stealthy we can be. I'd probably build a lean-to using decently sized trees, hopefully near a river. I pity the zombies that find us.
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 6. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and am 100% proud of it. Kabutops: Because who needs hands?
#228MaxgroundPosted 4/15/2014 7:45:28 PM
FalseOddity posted...

My Plan:
Basically to start out I shall rob people for supplies and make my
base using Metagross to shift things around with Psychic and create
Barbed fences. I will stockpile the items i have robbed, water from
Rain dance and I will send my Chatot to scout for berry bushes, farms
etc. Once I have accumulated some stuff, i will levitate out in search
of groups. Using my increased Metagross driven intellect, I will
offer them the protection of LOTS of Chatots (Double Teams) and a
Psychic Metal Spider. also, to persuade them, Chatot will use
echoed voice to make people think someone in their group is saying
"I think we should".
After this, if they allow me, my role will mainly be scout/muscle.
Metagross protecting the group, Chatot searching for food. i have to
Rely mainly on the group for sources of food, but i can provide water
for myself using Rain Dance. If the group decides to turn on me, my
Metagross (with the intellect of a supercomputer) can read heir body
language and expressions. Following this, Chatot will send double teams
straight at them. the chaos of hundreds of loud Chatots will allow
me and the real chatot to escape on Metagross, as well as attracting
attention from Zombies onto the treacherous group. After this, it is
wash, rinse and repeat until I find a completely trustworthy group.

Im not the rater but i can tell you that your plan has some major flaws. you do have to purify the rainwater. the causes of the infection is unknown but we can assume that it is airborne. meaning that when it rains, the rain can catch the disease and make you sick, or even make you turn. you also have no means of making fire, which means you cant cook food (not much of a worry since youll be stealing most of it), heat, or light. speaking of stealing, it can feed you for some time but without an ice type or poison type, the food will only last you for so long. i thought your "double+echoed voice" was pure genius. to your opponent, you have a horde of chatot at your command. another good idea was using the mail for communication but you wasted an itemslot for it. why use a pen and paper when you have a small pokemon that can fly and speak human words? you can just use chatot for communication. getting a magmarizer instead is a better choice. also (and one of the most important problems), youre tricking people to team up with you by offering them protection with a fake army of chatot. im sure that wont end up well and will more than likely turn against you. im sure that your mega computer metagross will have everything planned but you know that nothing goes as well as planned
#229mattardisPosted 4/16/2014 2:23:16 AM
Hey! I thought of the Echoed voice strategy first. just without double team...
#230Ignis_UnisPosted 4/16/2014 7:36:57 AM
Generated Pokemon:
1. Flaaffy (Mareep)
2. Solosis
3. Chimecho (Chingling)

...Yeah, I didn't get a very good team, but might as well give it a shot.

First off, Chingling gets sacrificed to evolve Solosis, and two TMS are used for Flaffy.

So, basically, my team is:

1. Flaaffy (Static, holding Magnet): Thundershock, Thunder Wave, Electro Ball (assuming the zombies are slow and shuffling), and Confuse Ray
2. Duosion (Magic Guard): Rollout, Recover, Psychic, and Protect (TM)

So, here's the plan:

When the apocalypse starts, I'll try to find an abandoned house, with the needed things (plumbing, food, etc.) At the very least, I'll look for one that once had electricity. Flaaffy will be used to restore the power, and he'll basically just be a generator, as well as a last line of defense.

Duosion will go out to find food, water, and other survivors (since he won't be affected by any natural hazards like Flaaffy and I), as well as get some of the water purification tablets. When he do, he'll bring them back to the house. In the event that he's attacked by zombies, Duosion can use either Psychic or Rollout to take them out. If he gets hurt, he can just use Recover, or use Protect to at least stall one zombie attack.

If Flaaffy and I are attacked while Duosion isn't there, Flaaffy can use Thunder Wave or Confuse Ray to stall the zombies, and then use either Thundershock or Electro Ball, depending on what status attack he used, to at least keep them pinned until Duosion returns to help.

Duosion can help me stay calm and plan accordingly, and help negotiate with survivors he brings. In the event that we're attacked by bandits, Duosion and Flaaffy will work together to take them out.

If we really need to escape, Flaaffy will again use either Thunder Wave or Confuse Ray to stall, and then we make our escape to find somewhere else.

..So yeah, I did the best with what I had. Probably gonna try another one after I get this one rated.