This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Move relearner bug?

#11WetstewPosted 4/6/2014 1:39:43 PM
NecrosIX posted...
I wonder what the rationale behind this is. It would greatly limit the builds I can have with stone evolved pokemons. Nonetheless, thanks for the answers.

They did it that because it was the simplest way to go about it.

Personally I wish they had an NPC that can teach moves to Pokemon if you have another Pokemon of that Species that knows the move.

I.e. a Bulbasaur that has the BW2 tutor only move Knock Off. Or a wild shiny and a Pokemon of the same species with egg moves.
---
For every good thing in life, there is one indirect link to a photo service. -eco master
#12shadyguyrockmanPosted 4/6/2014 1:42:54 PM
Wetstew posted...
NecrosIX posted...
I wonder what the rationale behind this is. It would greatly limit the builds I can have with stone evolved pokemons. Nonetheless, thanks for the answers.

Personally I wish they had an NPC that can teach moves to Pokemon if you have another Pokemon of that Species that knows the move.

I.e. a Bulbasaur that has the BW2 tutor only move Knock Off. Or a wild shiny and a Pokemon of the same species with egg moves.

Best idea I've seen in a while. Kinda devalues egg/event moves, though.
---
3DS FC: 2234 7128 7908
#13kadabriumPosted 4/6/2014 1:44:06 PM
evolution stones cause brain damage.
#14WetstewPosted 4/6/2014 2:02:47 PM
shadyguyrockman posted...
Wetstew posted...
NecrosIX posted...

Best idea I've seen in a while. Kinda devalues egg/event moves, though.

Well you still have to go about getting the egg move or the Pokemon with the event move.

They could make certain event moves impossible to transmit because it would involve having two legends that there are only one of. Like Victini with the exclusive movie event move. Or something involving two Arceus or Mewtwo. Legends that have more specimen in canon like the legendary beasts or golems could transfer moves from the Gamecube games.

Stuff like the Celebrate Pikachu (or whatever it was) would be nice to tutor for the non-Japanese fans who will probably never see the event.
---
For every good thing in life, there is one indirect link to a photo service. -eco master
#15paiprPosted 4/6/2014 2:04:16 PM
This just makes me further pro them ditching move relearner/deleters, and letting your Pokemon remember all moves it has ever had, but you can only have 4 active in battle. If they did this in a game, it be such a great thing to happen.

Also with stone evolvers, does evolving them block any egg moves they have learned and forgotten? Cause I remember reading that this Gen any egg move learned can be relearned via relearner.
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
fc:0602-6823-9646, SV:932,FS:electric. my wifes 0146.9112.0071
#16WetstewPosted 4/6/2014 2:33:26 PM
paipr posted...
This just makes me further pro them ditching move relearner/deleters, and letting your Pokemon remember all moves it has ever had, but you can only have 4 active in battle. If they did this in a game, it be such a great thing to happen.

Also with stone evolvers, does evolving them block any egg moves they have learned and forgotten? Cause I remember reading that this Gen any egg move learned can be relearned via relearner.

Egg Moves act like they add another move to that Pokemon's level 1 slot.

I wish you could have different sets on one Pokemon that you can switch between out of battle.
---
#17paiprPosted 4/7/2014 4:50:11 AM
Wetstew posted...
paipr posted...

Egg Moves act like they add another move to that Pokemon's level 1 slot.

I wish you could have different sets on one Pokemon that you can switch between out of battle.

Exactly what I am saying. If your Pokemon kept every move it learned, you could create sets and switch between them out of battle. That could add a layer of strategy cause your wanting to figure out the best set to use depending on the situation your in.
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
fc:0602-6823-9646, SV:932,FS:electric. my wifes 0146.9112.0071