This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So..why do people claim horde battles are more effective than super training.

#31Sephiroth0327Posted 4/7/2014 12:19:57 PM
Horde Battles are so much faster that this topic is laughable. It's easy enough to test. Find two people: One person who excels at Super Training and one person who excels at Horde EV training. Give them both the same goal of an EV spread.

The Horde trainer will be finished and have time to make a sandwich before the Super Trainer is finished
---
TSV [3058] | Trainer Name:Olivia | 3DS FC - 2509-2107-1916
Gogoat Express Genner, Breeder, TSV/ESV Checker - Find us here: http://tinyurl.com/GogoatExpress
#32Chaosmaster00Posted 4/7/2014 12:22:52 PM
With vitamins and just maxing two stats, you can max out those two stats' EV's in literally 5-6 battles with hordes, pokerus, and the correct power items... for as many as 5 pokemon at once. With utilizing more than two stats' EV's, it's reduced even lower if you don't train that stat higher than 100, because you can just use vitamins for it, and use horde EV's for the rest or whatever.

It's like no one remembers things like Calcium and Protein exist. Even if it helps Super Train faster, it literally makes horde training superior by a large margin moreso.
---
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | PKMN X - IGN: Sapphire (Shiny Charm obtained: 2/5/2014)
Friend Safari: Fire - Growlithe, Charmeleon, Braixen | TSV: 401
#33Ephraim225Posted 4/7/2014 12:24:52 PM
You're forgetting the one advantage of Super Training that makes it better....the music.
---
Delphox shall rise, and Greninja shall be her slave!!!
#34ClassyOldHatPosted 4/7/2014 1:10:04 PM
Chaosmaster00 posted...
With vitamins and just maxing two stats, you can max out those two stats' EV's in literally 5-6 battles with hordes, pokerus, and the correct power items... for as many as 5 pokemon at once. With utilizing more than two stats' EV's, it's reduced even lower if you don't train that stat higher than 100, because you can just use vitamins for it, and use horde EV's for the rest or whatever.

It's like no one remembers things like Calcium and Protein exist. Even if it helps Super Train faster, it literally makes horde training superior by a large margin moreso.

I think it's because, with the money sinks that are clothing in this game, people have more to spend their money on than vitamins, and with a Power Item and Pokerus, two Horde Battles equal ten vitamins. That said, whenever my money is maxed, and/or the Pokemon in question evolves through happiness, I will use vitamins.
---
Pokemon X Grass Safari (Oddish, Sawsbuck, Gogoat) FC: 4124-5539-4848 IGN: Zach
#35Chaosmaster00Posted 4/7/2014 1:11:10 PM
I bought all the clothes like three months ago, so I have nothing better to spend my excess millions on that I make leveling in the Chateau... <.<
---
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | PKMN X - IGN: Sapphire (Shiny Charm obtained: 2/5/2014)
Friend Safari: Fire - Growlithe, Charmeleon, Braixen | TSV: 401
#36satixlvPosted 4/9/2014 2:44:06 PM(edited)
Once you have the items needed and Pokerus, super training is laughable and only useful for obtaining evolutionary stones. You can EV train six Pokemon at a time and horde battles on average give ~50 EV points each (with Power items and Pokerus). If you're using a (high leveled) Pokemon with multi-hit moves and animations off, you can fully EV train a Pokemon (or a team) in ten minutes, versus an hour just to fully train one stat. You can also multitask doing horde battles and they don't need all your attention.
In addition to this, there's also the higher chance of finding a shiny due to encountering five Pokemon at a time, so that's always a plus. The benefits of horde training just easily outclasses super training.
---
FC: 4656-5946-8352
If you're interested in joining a great Pokemon forum: http://lakevalor.net/forums/
#37TheRamosOnlinePosted 4/9/2014 2:51:02 PM
cloud_8f8f posted...
I mean, with super training you simply go in, pop a balloon, and get some EVs. I didn't think it got any easier than that.

50 EV's a horde battle, it takes 5 battles to get 250 EVs in a stat. So it can take you about 5-10 minutes to EV train a Pokemon (or 5-6 if you're EV training them in the same stats).
Far superior to Super Training, where 1 Pokemon can take you 30-60 minutes
---
Where there is Gardevoir, there is Ramos.
#38JudgmenlPosted 4/9/2014 2:51:31 PM
Why are people still debating this?
---
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png - http://nostalgiasky.blogspot.com/
~GameFAQs Userscript Developer~