This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most hilarious thing that's happened to me on showdown:

#11_KGC_Posted 4/7/2014 2:24:43 PM
Oh oops, major fail on my part. lolme
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#12darkshadowspawnPosted 4/7/2014 2:35:03 PM
Diablo_Cow posted...
What are the odds of that happening? Sure serene grace helps but that was like 12 turns of flinch in a row

You do know that Serene Grace doubles the chance of secondary effects, right? You also know that Iron Head has a 30% flinch chance, right? Seeing as each hit has a 60% chance of flinching means that Jirachi has incredible staying power.
---
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh
#13Diablo_CowPosted 4/7/2014 2:38:33 PM
darkshadowspawn posted...
Diablo_Cow posted...
What are the odds of that happening? Sure serene grace helps but that was like 12 turns of flinch in a row

You do know that Serene Grace doubles the chance of secondary effects, right? You also know that Iron Head has a 30% flinch chance, right? Seeing as each hit has a 60% chance of flinching means that Jirachi has incredible staying power.

I do but even with a 60% flinch rate the odds of getting a flinch 12 times in a row is still outlandish
#14snuffles504(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2014 3:02:55 PM
I was really surprised. Focus Blast, with 70% accuracy, certainly never hits 12 times in a row. I actually felt really bad for my opponent.
---
Official Rinzler of the Kingdom Hearts III Board
X FC: 5112-3893-8337 IGN: Grayson
#15CakeOfLiesPosted 4/7/2014 3:03:47 PM
Diablo_Cow posted...

How high does that number get with a King's Rock?
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF
#16SirPikachuPosted 4/7/2014 3:05:56 PM
Diablo_Cow posted...

That's actually a .2% chance for it to hit 12 times in a row.
---
3DS FC: 2380-3181-9777
Everyone call me elf monster
#17EnlinoPosted 4/7/2014 3:06:56 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Diablo_Cow posted...

How high does that number get with a King's Rock?

King's rock doesn't stack with moves that already have a flinch chance.
#18EstheimasterPosted 4/7/2014 3:09:18 PM
_KGC_ posted...
Why didn't you send Goodra sooner? Though I guess at the end that didn't matter much,

I can't imagine that someone running Dragonbreath in OU would think of that.
---
3DS FC: 4596 9948 4995 (Fighting Safari with Machoke, Throh, and Riolu)
Shiny Value: 695 (PM me to hatch your shiny- I won't ask for anything in return!)