This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Charizard Breeding Question: Mega X Egg Moves

#1K3fk4Posted 4/7/2014 9:21:31 PM
I'm currently breeding for an X-Mega Stone strategy, with a jolly Charmander with the Blaze ability (Since Solar Power does jack for Attack).

Anyways, the moves I have currently on it are the following:
Beat Up
Counter
Metal Claw
Belly Drum

Only recently did it cross my mind that Mega Charizard X acquires Dragon-type, so Outrage seems great for 2-3 turns of 120+STAB, so what I'm looking at is probably getting rid of the Dark move Beat Up. I was told that it may be a good idea to still have a Dark move to cover the common Psychic, so it should be replaced with Bite, another Dark move that has a chance to make the Pokémon flinch.

I actually thought Beat Up was a lot more ridiculous than what it actually does. :P

So regarding Counter, Metal Claw, Belly Drum(kinda want this one to stay.. >.<), Outrage, and Bite, which would seem the best of the four to go with competitively, er any other moves I may have neglected to mention?
---
FC: 0989-1764-1999; IGN:Bryan; TSV: 1834
"HEY EVERYBODY, WE'RE ALL GONNA GET LAID!!"
#2BurnedPotatoesPosted 4/7/2014 9:28:34 PM(edited)
-DD/BDrum
-Dragon Claw
-Flare Blitz
-Roost/EQ/Crunch/Whatever

I really don't recommend BD, it's just a great to die.
Feel free to use it tho.
---
3DS FC: 4656-7454-0042 FS: Pidgey, Tranquill, and Rufflet
I don't give people serious answers unless I feel like it
#3K3fk4(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2014 9:32:59 PM
BurnedPotatoes posted...
Feel free to use it tho.

Crap.. That's the thing, I've never used Belly Drum competitively, but that makes sense, when he's all attack and half health, it seems like the opponents best option is utilize your lack of health to their advantage and try to kill you as quickly as possible. I just drool over the idea of 400% attack after one move... *-*
---
#4BurnedPotatoesPosted 4/7/2014 9:37:07 PM
K3fk4 posted...
BurnedPotatoes posted...
Feel free to use it tho.

Crap.. That's the thing, I've never used Belly Drum competitively, but that makes sense, when he's all attack and half health, it seems like the opponents best option is utilize your lack of health to their advantage and try to kill you as quickly as possible. I just drool over the idea of 400% attack after one move... *-*

Don't forget Stalf Rok. BD + SR = No Sweep fo u

Also, Outrage isn't that great.
---
#5The_Sol_BladerPosted 4/7/2014 9:45:40 PM
>No Dragon Dance

If a trashcan had it's own trashcan where it threw away things, your Charmander would belong in the floor next to it
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Rose_Mage's loving husband
3DS FC: 4682-9838-9692 TSV: 841
#6K3fk4(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2014 9:48:09 PM
The_Sol_Blader posted...
>No Dragon Dance

If a trashcan had it's own trashcan where it threw away things, your Charmander would belong in the floor next to it

That's a messy trash can. Or it's overflowing. Nevertheless, there seems to be a pattern here..

So should Belly Drum be replaced with Dragon Dance? No point in having two stat increasing moves?
---
#7FinalInsanityPosted 4/7/2014 9:49:29 PM
K3fk4 posted...
The_Sol_Blader posted...
>No Dragon Dance

That's a messy trash can. Or it's overflowing. Nevertheless, there seems to be a pattern here..

So should Belly Drum be replaced with Dragon Dance? No point in having two stat increasing moves?

There are very few Pokemon that can successfully use a Double Boosting set. Dragon Dance is more than enough, anyways. One boost is typically enough with the great Dragon/Fire STAB combination and Tough Claws.
#8BurnedPotatoesPosted 4/7/2014 9:50:16 PM
K3fk4 posted...
The_Sol_Blader posted...
>No Dragon Dance

Absolutely.

DD > BD
---
#9The_Sol_BladerPosted 4/7/2014 9:51:08 PM
K3fk4 posted...

Zard X is one of the best Dragon Dance users right now, so I don't see why it shouldn't. What you have right now could work for the tanking set I think, but I am not sure about it's exact build. It might need a different nature actually
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Rose_Mage's loving husband
3DS FC: 4682-9838-9692 TSV: 841
#10JohnRust7Posted 4/7/2014 9:56:35 PM
I don't know, Zard X has that typing and Bulk to take many hits.
---
4227-0733-5921 IGN: Celina My List http://tinyurl.com/kx4p2sd
Water Safari: Panpour, Gyarados, Frogadier