This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Golem is the most useless evovle-thru-trade poke, right?

#21Muffinz0rzPosted 4/8/2014 10:20:56 AM
PokemonYoutube posted...
And Golem was far from worthless in Gen 1 and 2.

Back in the days when the only way to trade was via link cable.
---
Not changing this sig until Pat Benatar is in Super Smash Bros. (Started 8/31/2010)
BRAVELY DEFAULT: 1075 - 0844 - 9134 + FS: Pumkaboo, Lampent, Dusclops.
#22Chaosmaster00Posted 4/8/2014 10:23:00 AM
Muffinz0rz posted...
PokemonYoutube posted...

Back in the days when the only way to trade was via link cable.

And Normal resistance made him an actually viable defensive threat.
---
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | PKMN X - IGN: Sapphire (Shiny Charm obtained: 2/5/2014)
Friend Safari: Fire - Growlithe, Charmeleon, Braixen | TSV: 401
#23Other_SelfPosted 4/9/2014 3:53:16 AM
Step one - EV train/IV breed a sturdy golem in attack and speed, then give it a weakness policy.
Step two - use either stealth rocks or explosion depending on your opponent's pokemon and what you think your opponent will do.
Step three - use either explosion, sucker punch or earthquake under the same criteria if still alive.
Step four - repeat as needed if still alive.
---
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
#24jEr3mYPosted 4/9/2014 4:47:40 AM
zelionx posted...
Phantump lvl 1 is better to WT

I actually did this, but not intentionally… I was breeding one and wanted to get rid of the rejects…
---
If you agree that Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game, send me a PM. Number of people who agree: 28 - updated 2 April 2014
#25DragrathPosted 4/9/2014 5:06:36 AM
jEr3mY posted...
zelionx posted...
Phantump lvl 1 is better to WT

I actually did this, but not intentionally… I was breeding one and wanted to get rid of the rejects…

lol I did this once at the time didn't even relaize it was trade... also was kinda nice as it trys to learn horn leech :D

Golem (and Machamp) should have gotten megas (though they also need to buff a certain other trade evolvers mega...)
#26Faust_8Posted 4/9/2014 5:31:28 AM
PokemonYoutube posted...
Xavuu posted...
Yeah pretty much. You'd think after 6 gens of it being worthless they'd give it a buff.

The Sturdy buff in Gen 5? And in Gen 6, Golem had its base attack increased from 110 to 120.

Wasn't he outclassed by Rhydon then? A good deal more Attack and HP, still good Defense, and same type.
---
"It's hard to reason people out of positions they didn't reason themselves into."
--JonWood
#27PokemonYoutubePosted 4/9/2014 5:43:39 AM
Faust_8 posted...
PokemonYoutube posted...
Xavuu posted...
Yeah pretty much. You'd think after 6 gens of it being worthless they'd give it a buff.

The Sturdy buff in Gen 5? And in Gen 6, Golem had its base attack increased from 110 to 120.

Wasn't he outclassed by Rhydon then? A good deal more Attack and HP, still good Defense, and same type.

Golem was slightly faster, had slightly higher Special and could learn Explosion, which was still good back then.
---
www.youtube.com/GeneralSecura