This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can finally be black now?!

#11taa20Posted 4/8/2014 1:13:51 PM
The_Dragonw posted...
I can't really call that 'black'.

:\

Yeah, it is more "Ambiguously Brown," but it is progress. I usually name my characters after nieces or nephews, most of whom are mixed.
---
FC: 5343-9004-5083
Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Palpitoad
#12CedlowPosted 4/8/2014 1:46:35 PM
Haxdreigon posted...
The_Dragonw posted...

To be fair "black" people aren't really black but come in all shades of brown really. There's no "One Size Fits All" kind of skin complexion for black people, so it shouldn't be hard to imagine that character as black.

Was just about to say this.
---
3DS FC- 5472-7898-0089
Pokemon white 2 FC-2838-7906-7636
#13bloodmage3Posted 4/8/2014 1:58:05 PM
The_Dragonw posted...

I wouldn't really call them white either. I think the folks in Pokemon aren't of an existing race. Still, it took 6 gens(not counting Lenora) before Gamefreak finally realized they didn't have sorta black people to go with the sorta white people. Glad that's finally changed now.
---
They're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, and they're behind us. They can't get away this time!
#14JakomaynePosted 4/8/2014 2:01:23 PM
taa20 posted...
The_Dragonw posted...

Yeah, it is more "Ambiguously Brown," but it is progress. I usually name my characters after nieces or nephews, most of whom are mixed.

Never seen a light skinned/yellow bone/caramel black dude/gal? We're all over the place, maybe since we aren't near purple we don't count. <_>

Smh
---
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5127/leaderaz.jpg
#15HaxdreigonPosted 4/8/2014 4:23:52 PM
Justwanttolook posted...
Haxdreigon posted...
Justwanttolook posted...
You can finally be a Latino. This is a big step in the Latino Movement. they are finally equally treated in Pokemon.

Dunno about blacks. maybe in another 2 generations.

Latino aren't a race but an ethnolinguistic groups with origins in Latin America who can traces their roots from all over the world, be it Europe, Africa, Asia or heck even the indigenous people of the Americas.

Yeah, and I wasn't even serious.
I should really work on how to make myself understood on the net, without having to spell everything out :/

Whoops, never mind me then. Carry on!
---
My FC is 4570-7712-8860. PM me when you added me!
Looking for 4IV Ditto. PM if you want to trade it for something nice!
#16HaxdreigonPosted 4/8/2014 4:24:39 PM
Jakomayne posted...
taa20 posted...
The_Dragonw posted...

Never seen a light skinned/yellow bone/caramel black dude/gal? We're all over the place, maybe since we aren't near purple we don't count. <_>

Smh

I get the impression they won't let us have any trainer unless they fill some stereotype image of what THEY perceive black people look like. Basically, if you're not dark and don't have Afro-textured hair, you're not black it seems. I've seen people argue about whether Dahlia or Iris were black too. It's getting ridiculous.
---
My FC is 4570-7712-8860. PM me when you added me!
Looking for 4IV Ditto. PM if you want to trade it for something nice!