This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are the most unpopular Pokemon?

#41CharizardFirePosted 4/9/2014 8:14:22 PM
RAcastBlaster posted...
Rat_a_tat posted...
theColonial825 posted...
Were any Moon Stone Pokemon worth it?

Nidoking and Nidoqueen were really good in-game since they had incredibly good coverage during a time when movepools were limited all around. They were only so-so competitively though because of their typing (weak to a bunch of the most common moves like Blizzard/Ice Beam, Earthquake, Surf/Hydro Pump, and Psychic).

Sheer Force + Life Orb + dat coverage, however, makes they incredibly potent offensively. Give Nidoking a little Sticky Web support and you'll be plowing through your opposition.

He said "were really good ingame" and "were only so-so competitively", so I think he meant during the days of Gen 1.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#42RAcastBlasterPosted 4/9/2014 8:16:14 PM
theColonial825 posted...
I was looking around a wiki... tell me people don't use Doublade. What's up with that one

Eviolite Doublade sees some use, but No Guard is purely a hindrance to it. Meanwhile, its evolution is one of OU's top-tier threats right now. Aegislash is not to be trifled with.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Y (Name: Ensei), Xenoblade Chronicles, 3DS FC: 2277-7562-5299 Friend Safari: Ghost @ Drfiblim, Lampent
Steel types are the best!
#43theColonial825(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 8:22:07 PM
RAcastBlaster posted...
theColonial825 posted...
I was looking around a wiki... tell me people don't use Doublade. What's up with that one

Eviolite Doublade sees some use, but No Guard is purely a hindrance to it. Meanwhile, its evolution is one of OU's top-tier threats right now. Aegislash is not to be trifled with.

Oops I missed the fact it had an evolution.
#44OdaNobunaPosted 4/9/2014 8:23:26 PM
Jynx?
---
Playing: Etrian Odyssey Untold - The Millennium Girl; Rune Factory 4; Pokemon X; Umineko no Naku Koro ni; Da Capo.
#45DragrathPosted 4/9/2014 8:26:55 PM
theColonial825 posted...
Were any Moon Stone Pokemon worth it?

well in this gen Clefable is quite good and the Nidos as others mentioned work quite well (particularly Nidoking, sheer force makes it a boss...)

the most forgettable pokemon is probably delcatty... that thing is well, a waste of a moon stone...
#46CakeOfLiesPosted 4/9/2014 8:30:13 PM
Salamence.
Everyone talks about Garchomp, Dragonite, and Tyranitar because they're the best.
They talk about Metagross and Hydreigon because they got shafted in Gen 6 when they were the last Pokemon that needed nerfing.
And they talk about Goodra because he's new and apparently sucks now.

But you still see plenty of usage on all of them. Salamence on the other hand, no longer has even a shred of the spotlight. Sure, its glory days are over. But it can still sweep better than anything in UU and a lot of the things in OU.
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF
#47theColonial825(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 8:37:33 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Salamence.
Everyone talks about Garchomp, Dragonite, and Tyranitar because they're the best.
They talk about Metagross and Hydreigon because they got shafted in Gen 6 when they were the last Pokemon that needed nerfing.

But you still see plenty of usage on all of them. Salamence on the other hand, no longer has even a shred of the spotlight. Sure, its glory days are over. But it can still sweep better than anything in UU and a lot of the things in OU.

Well. They sure filled out the Dragon type ranks since the old days.
#48RAcastBlasterPosted 4/9/2014 9:07:20 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Salamence.

Didn't Salamence get kicked up to BL because UU was basically served to it on a silver platter? Unfortunately, Salamence is strictly outclassed by his Pseudo Dragon cousins with better abilities (Dragonite) and stats (Garchomp...troll-tier speed and whatnot).

Goodra remains a bit of an enigma to me, frankly. It's just...so very, very lackluster. That's particularly weird because...well, never before has a pseudo been so forgettable. Dragonite and Tyranitar have always been good (and have only gotten better with time), Metagross and Salamence were the absolute kings in gens 3 and 4, alongside Garchomp, and Hydreigon was quite the nasty thing last gen. Frankly, Hydreigon is STILL quite good, it's just that 4x weakness ruins his formerly hard-to-penetrate defensive typing/ability combo...which is only really a problem because he's got a TERRIBLE speed base.

Back to Goodra for a second though, why is it so awful? It's got basically no offensive presence, no offensive boosting moves, no great support options... It's a gooey special wall with a bunch of great abilities and... no recovery. That's the part that gets me, WHY doesn't it learn Recover? Or at least Wish or Moonlight? Without some sort of recovery move, Goodra will never be anything more than "kinda okay" as a wall.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Y (Name: Ensei), Xenoblade Chronicles, 3DS FC: 2277-7562-5299 Friend Safari: Ghost @ Drfiblim, Lampent
Steel types are the best!
#49CakeOfLiesPosted 4/9/2014 9:21:08 PM
RAcastBlaster posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Salamence.

Didn't Salamence get kicked up to BL because UU was basically served to it on a silver platter? Unfortunately, Salamence is strictly outclassed by his Pseudo Dragon cousins with better abilities (Dragonite) and stats (Garchomp...troll-tier speed and whatnot).

Have you ever considered using it as a mixed sweeper though? It's faster than Kyurem-B, and after one or two fainted Pokemon, it's stronger too thanks to Moxie. It has a much better Special movepool than Charizard and has the added bonus of being able to hold a Life Orb. I'm still not convinced that it's totally outclassed. However, I won't deny that it needs something.

And yeah, Goodra needs recovery of some sort. Wish Vaporeon isn't always there. :/
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF
#50mrvlrdr101Posted 4/9/2014 11:27:51 PM
Goodra gets outclassed by T-tar as a S-tank.and Blissey as a wall. The only nivhe it has is access to dragon tail which Zygarde uses better. Its just.....bad to be honest with you.
---
White FC: 3955 6081 2653
X FC: 0018 1864 7621 Safari contains Breloom.