This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think Game Freak needs to take some lessons from Sakurai and Namco-Bandai.

#21TriBiriousPosted 4/11/2014 1:47:50 PM
MuTe****n posted...
Catluver17 posted...
Sakurai? You want tripping in Pokemon?

Tripping in Pokemon? I don't even... OK, let's try an exercise together, shall we?
How many Thunder moves randomly cause paralysis?
How many Guard moves have a decreased chance of consecutive success?
What's the chance of a critical hit? With the ability Super Luck? With an attack like Slash?
How often do 95 accuracy hits miss? 4 times in a row once upon a time for me.
What's Metronome?

And most importantly: Did Smogon succeed in abolishing all randomness from the game?

Tripping would be like every Pokemon has a chance of just not doing anything on their turn for no reason. Not that stuff.

Also I had to change your name because apparently Gamefaqs had a problem with it.
#22lordlugia_rocksPosted 4/11/2014 1:50:37 PM
compared to B2/W2, and hell even compared to B/W, X and Y just fall completely flat. The only notable things are a better internet interface, customization, and oooo shiny 3D sprites. This is good and all, but I just can't get into X/Y as much as I could with the others. The lack of new pokemon quite frankly sucks. 100 should be the minimum imo but 70 or so reeks of incompleteness. Nevermind the fact that training is unenjoyable because it takes so long with the lack of join avenue, undersea ruins, and the pile of poop E4 that doesn't even improve. EXP. All is cool but sometimes I don't feel like training a whole team and I just need to train one pokemon to LV 100.
---
#RememberTheManticore - SMITE
3DS Friend Code - 0344-9283-4025 Friend Safari Ground: Nincada, Shandshrew, Diggersby
#23MuTeKiKenPosted 4/11/2014 2:25:34 PM(edited)
BalloonBattle05 posted...
MuTen posted...
Catluver17 posted...
Sakurai? You want tripping in Pokemon?

Tripping in Pokemon? I don't even... OK, let's try an exercise together, shall we?
How many Thunder moves randomly cause paralysis?
How many Guard moves have a decreased chance of consecutive success?
What's the chance of a critical hit? With the ability Super Luck? With an attack like Slash?
How often do 95 accuracy hits miss? 4 times in a row once upon a time for me.
What's Metronome?

And most importantly: Did Smogon succeed in abolishing all randomness from the game?

Most of the things listed are player controlled randomness.

Tripping IS player controlled randomness. It's triggered by travelling on the ground. You CAN just jump around and never trigger it.
And my point stands. A series literally infested with randomness even when played using super-serious competitive rules versus a series that can have all randomness removed except in that one game. I have absolutely no doubt in saying that non-boosted critical hits alone have caused incredibly larger amounts of rage over tripping, even when the same amount of battles played between each individual game is the same.
---
Currently playing - A game for hardcore fans only... And Pokemon Y
FC: 0834 1768 1458. Friend Safari(Electric): Electrode, Electabuzz, Galvantula
#24geno_16Posted 4/11/2014 2:33:53 PM
TriBirious posted...
Tripping would be like every Pokemon has a chance of just not doing anything on their turn for no reason. Not that stuff.

You mean like in Gen I when every single move had a 1 in 256 chance of missing added on top of whatever their normal accuracy was?
---
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/1797/fella.jpg