This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Scrafty gets no love. why?

#21kainadragoonPosted 4/21/2014 7:14:35 AM
TJ_17_ posted...
kainadragoon posted...
your telling me you havent fought against a Gengar that has dazzling gleam?

Gengar doesn't get a chance to attack. Crunch!

this makes no sense.

you are assuming that you can stop BOTH of my Pokemon from attacking in the first turn.

That is horrible logic to have. When i run my Troll Team's Kalos mode, (Gengar, Cloyster, Lucario, TalonFlame, M-Aero, and a choice sixth) I ALWAYS start Gengar + Mega-Aero.

So lets use your example of Scrafty + Dusclops.

You don't outspeed either of my pokemon.
You only have one pokemon to use fakeout on.

odds are you would use it on Gengar, so im'a open with protect like i normally do. Then, that leaves me with aerodactyl who will use Sky-Drop on Dusclops, taking him out for the turn and stopping your Trick room.

Aerodactyl is going to come down first next turn, which leaves me with the ability to use D-Gleam with Gengar and OHKO the Scrafty (unless you use protect) or (maybe) OHKO the Dusclops with Shadowball.
---
Kain: Ha! I can jump. Can you? Your levity is reprehensible.
My 3ds FC: 1762 3125 9064 IGN is Jonathan FS: Shellgon, Fraxure, Drudge
#22FFnutPosted 4/21/2014 7:40:58 AM
mrballerswaggin posted...
"nobody cries when we fake our own deaths
we pretend to be holograms" - Tupac

FTFY
---
And though we deserved not his mercy, he has led us to this new Eden, a last chance for redemption.
#23SaphirahPosted 4/21/2014 7:45:48 AM
Wait, you get use Fake Out on ghosts without Scrappy?
---
3DS FC: 2621 2684 0605
IGN: Scarlett | Pokemon list http://tinyurl.com/pnpcp3r
#24SilverZangoosePosted 4/21/2014 7:45:56 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
I'm a fan of Dragon Dance Scrafty myself.

I fought one of those yesterday. They're not that great, since even after a Dragon Dance, it still couldn't outspeed my Charizard and was taken down.
---
Zangoose is the one good Pokemon that came after Gen 1, everything else about Gen 3, as well as gens 2, 4, 5 and 6 is awful. I do not like Gen 3, just Zangoose.
#25mrballerswagginPosted 4/21/2014 7:47:48 AM
FFnut posted...
mrballerswaggin posted...
"nobody cries when we fake our own deaths
we pretend to be holograms" - Tupac

FTFY

xD
---
FC: 1478-4162-6801 IGN: Ariel
Pyroar's slogan: "Put 'em to rest with the pitch of the voice, WRAAAGH!"
#26Godly_GoofPosted 4/21/2014 7:50:16 AM
kainadragoon posted...
TJ_17_ posted...
kainadragoon posted...

this makes no sense.

you are assuming that you can stop BOTH of my Pokemon from attacking in the first turn.

That is horrible logic to have. When i run my Troll Team's Kalos mode, (Gengar, Cloyster, Lucario, TalonFlame, M-Aero, and a choice sixth) I ALWAYS start Gengar + Mega-Aero.

odds are you would use it on Gengar, so im'a open with protect like i normally do. Then, that leaves me with aerodactyl who will use Sky-Drop on Dusclops, taking him out for the turn and stopping your Trick room.

Aerodactyl is going to come down first next turn, which leaves me with the ability to use D-Gleam with Gengar and OHKO the Scrafty (unless you use protect) or (maybe) OHKO the Dusclops with Shadowball.

Lol you're absolutely terrible.

Firstly, Fake Out is normal it doesn't hit Gengar.

Second he uses TR, he WILL outspeed both your mon.

Third Scrafty will OHKO your Gengar.

L2P
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#27kainadragoonPosted 4/21/2014 7:52:53 AM(edited)
Saphirah posted...
Wait, you get use Fake Out on ghosts without Scrappy?

, I don't run fake out at the moment, so I don't pay attention or what type it is. But, knowing that, that makes my scenario even more deadly.

You win the Internet for the day good sir
---
#28kainadragoonPosted 4/21/2014 8:03:02 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
kainadragoon posted...
TJ_17_ posted...
kainadragoon posted...

this makes no sense.

L2P

I hate double posting, but...

If you cannot use fake out on my gengar, there is nothing stopping him from one hiting scrafty.

If he does manage to kill either of my first two, I'm just going to throw out tfame for priority and protect for the other guy.

Win?
---
#29CakeOfLiesPosted 4/21/2014 8:06:09 AM
SilverZangoose posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
I'm a fan of Dragon Dance Scrafty myself.

I fought one of those yesterday. They're not that great, since even after a Dragon Dance, it still couldn't outspeed my Charizard and was taken down.

Obviously, your idiot opponent was running Adamant instead of Jolly.
+1 Max Speed Jolly Scrafty outspeeds max Speed Jolly Garchomp.
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF
#30TJ_17_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2014 5:38:24 PM(edited)
kainadragoon posted...
Godly_Goof posted...
kainadragoon posted...
TJ_17_ posted...
kainadragoon posted...

this makes no sense.

L2P

I hate double posting, but...

If you cannot use fake out on my gengar, there is nothing stopping him from one hiting scrafty.

If he does manage to kill either of my first two, I'm just going to throw out tfame for priority and protect for the other guy.

Win?

Do we have stats for that? And also, in the hundreds of gengars I've come across, I've yet to be surprised by them, I don't think they've ever ohko'd scrafty before, they always try set something up or take 40 percent off my dusclops with a shadow ball.

Plus, my dusclops is eviolited, so that is there to stay. Ain't no aerodactyl taking that out. (also, I could ONLY have fake outed aerodactyl, allowing me a free turn to set up trick room, as you got no hits off on me.
And let's not forget that your gengar would have protected the first turn, allowed scrafty the first hit in a trick room.
---
"You will have no sensation of a leash around your neck if you sit by the peg. Only when you stray do you feel the restraining tug." -Michael Parenti