This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dragalge has gotten pretty popular lately...

#1Sebas27Posted 4/21/2014 6:16:31 PM
So I've decided to raise one for the time being(until Adaptability is released).

Good moveset, EVs, and hold item? I have a Modest one
---
"Strike me again, and I shall bury that rod in your spark"-Predaking to Starscream
#2NeonDragon9000Posted 4/21/2014 6:21:51 PM
Adaptability is the only reason it will ever be worth using.

Talk about a waste of great typing and design.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#3Muffinz0rzPosted 4/21/2014 6:25:45 PM
I liked Dragalge before it was cool
---
Not changing this sig until Pat Benatar is in Super Smash Bros. (Started 8/31/2010)
BRAVELY DEFAULT: 1075 - 0844 - 9134 + FS: Pumkaboo, Lampent, Dusclops.
#4R-A-VPosted 4/21/2014 6:26:15 PM
Even with adaptability, I don't see it being too good. Slow, common weaknesses, and only 97 special attack.
#5ShadowUmbreon42Posted 4/21/2014 6:28:55 PM(edited)
NeonDragon9000 posted...

Say that to my vgc dragalge

Toxic stalling with acid armor boosts is fun. Sadly since my vgc run of my team it's gotten haxed 8/10 times which made me wondering if it's a bad luck magnet

R-A-V posted...
Even with adaptability, I don't see it being too good. Slow, common weaknesses, and only 97 special attack.

ITP: Anything with less than 140 base whatever is bad, i guess talonlame is bad too right?
---
I've realized that gamefaqs is a bunch of jerks that can't respect for S*** I like using my own viable sets
2277-7277-6375 IGN: Patrick
#6MagikarpusPosted 4/21/2014 6:28:27 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...

Oh god that speed.

I guess it might be good in Trick Room when Adaptability gets released (unless trollfreak pull a chandelure on us)
---
3DS FC: 3797-7868-8432
Pokemon Y IGN: Jim Reaper | Steel Safari with Ferroseed/ Klang/ Klefki
#7Sebas27(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2014 6:28:54 PM
I would like MsCarriage or Missingo_Mastr's input if they can
---
"Strike me again, and I shall bury that rod in your spark"-Predaking to Starscream
#8MissCarriagePosted 4/21/2014 6:39:40 PM
Sebas27 posted...
I would like MsCarriage or Missingo_Mastr's input if they can

I see I've been summoned!

I honestly am not a great competitive battler, I just love Dragalge! But just to be semi-helpful and contribute, my Modest Dragalge has EVs maxxed out in HP and Special Attack with the remaining in either Def or Sp. Def (I forget which). There's no point in investing in Speed since its already so slow, so you might as well try to dish out as much as you can while its alive! That means you should use damage amplifying items like Choice Specs or Life Orb/Expert Belt. It learns a bunch of powerful special moves such as Sludge Wave, Thunderbolt, Dragon Pulse, and Focus Blast that all have a lot of coverage.

I also have a Quiet nature one that I just bred to use in Trick Room teams, but since its so slow, I'm sure your Modest one will work just fine as well.

You can even go defensive with a Bold nature and use moves like Dragon Tail and Toxic Spikes/Toxic to make use of its bulkiness.

Hope you grow to love Dragalge as much as MM and I do! Unfortunately I don't think its getting very popular... I just make a lot of threads about it lol.
---
"My breasts have never done anyone any harm, while bin Laden's war has caused thousands of victims." -Ilona Staller, Parliament
#9R-A-VPosted 4/21/2014 6:40:48 PM
ShadowUmbreon42 posted...
ITP: Anything with less than 140 base whatever is bad, i guess talonlame is bad too right?

Maybe you just need to git gud.
#10MissCarriagePosted 4/21/2014 6:40:59 PM
Also, its a shame that the Ability Capsule doesn't allow you to change normal abilities to hidden abilities. We'll just have to wait until it comes out to breed for it!
---
"My breasts have never done anyone any harm, while bin Laden's war has caused thousands of victims." -Ilona Staller, Parliament