This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

These are my six favorite Pokemon. Can a good team be made out of them?

#21Stefan1277Posted 4/23/2014 9:41:16 PM
These have potential. Some more than others, we know that, but think about it this way: This is your team. Your favorite Pokemon. Each win you take with them is a win you deserve. You didn't google the top tier Pokemon and their builds, you're making your favorite team your own and each victory will be more flavorful.
---
Gamefaqs users in one article:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-behaviors-modern-world-only-making-worse/
#22NOM(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2014 12:40:33 PM
Stefan1277 posted...
These have potential. Some more than others, we know that, but think about it this way: This is your team. Your favorite Pokemon. Each win you take with them is a win you deserve. You didn't google the top tier Pokemon and their builds, you're making your favorite team your own and each victory will be more flavorful.

This post is awesome and I thank you for the encouragement.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4725-8115-3842 IGN - Steve
Friend Safari: Ice - Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine - hyogman(Airam) traded me a perfect Japanese Ditto and I OWE him.
#23The Fir CoatPosted 4/24/2014 1:51:54 PM
If any of your friends use Azumarril you could be in a lot of trouble. You'll be relying on Gengar, better use a poison move.
---
======,-' . . . . \###/ . . . .__. . . . ,'======= Auto Phoenix?!?
=====,-' . . . . . . . . . ./###\ . . ,'======== I'm boned!!
#24NOM(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2014 5:33:36 PM
UP
---
Friend Safari: Ice - Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine - hyogman(Airam) traded me a perfect Japanese Ditto and I OWE him.
#25NuxlPosted 4/24/2014 5:38:44 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#26AwesomeMarioPosted 4/24/2014 5:57:13 PM
Nuxl posted...
Smogon is now saying that Donphan is s*it in OU. He's almost completely outclassed by Excadrill now, and Mamoswine is a faster Rocks setter.

Don't get me wrong, Donphan is literally my favorite pokemon, but he's not worth it in a 'good' team. Steelix is even worse, but the others look good.

Not even almost. The only viable spinners are Excadrill and Mega Blastoise which doesn't make sense to even use because if you're using rapin spin, it's to aid pokemon like the Mega Zards and Mega Pinsir and Mega Blastoise takes up a mega so the only viable Rapid spinner is Excadrill. Donphan has nothing going for it this gen.
---
PSN/NN: Shadow 2684. FC:1375-8297-7361.
People who think I'm Awesome: 17
#27DarkHeroRavenPosted 4/24/2014 6:01:27 PM
Chandelure is awesome.

If you use Honchkrow, though, you got guts. Not an easy Pokemon to use effectively.
---
http://backloggery.com/RavenTheObsidian
3DS FC: 3866-8144-2758 Pokemon Y IGN: Raven // PSN: RavenTheObsidian
#28RAcastBlasterPosted 4/24/2014 6:05:57 PM(edited)
AwesomeMario posted...
Nuxl posted...
Smogon is now saying that Donphan is s*it in OU. He's almost completely outclassed by Excadrill now, and Mamoswine is a faster Rocks setter.

Don't get me wrong, Donphan is literally my favorite pokemon, but he's not worth it in a 'good' team. Steelix is even worse, but the others look good.

Not even almost. The only viable spinners are Excadrill and Mega Blastoise which doesn't make sense to even use because if you're using rapin spin, it's to aid pokemon like the Mega Zards and Mega Pinsir and Mega Blastoise takes up a mega so the only viable Rapid spinner is Excadrill. Donphan has nothing going for it this gen.

Starmie is still a good, offensive (and very fast) Rapid Spinner.

Even though Greninja outclasses it from a pure-offense standpoint, Starmie still has that niche.

DarkHeroRaven posted...
Chandelure is awesome.

If you use Honchkrow, though, you got guts. Not an easy Pokemon to use effectively.

It hits like a truck though, especially if you can get off a quick revenge KO to boost Moxie, those Brave Birds and Sucker Punches become obnoxiously strong.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Y (Name: Ensei), Xenoblade Chronicles, 3DS FC: 2277-7562-5299 Friend Safari: Ghost @ Drfiblim, Lampent
Steel types are the best!
#29NOM(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2014 8:35:40 PM
Just bred a Perfect 6 IV Timid Gastly. On my way to my perfect Gengar! :)

I appreciate the help and info in this topic, guys. Even the ones telling me to replace Steelix and Donphan. But I'm still not going to. I'll find a way to make them work.
---
#30potatoclanPosted 4/24/2014 8:57:11 PM
Honestly, your top 6 aren't that bad. Sure, their elemental coverage is not very good but you have a viable spinner, a viable rock setter, sweeping is alright if you can get it going with Moxie, etc. Better than my top 6... all of them are either flying or fire. I hate Stealth Rocks.
---
FC: 4656 - 6179 - 9992 IGN: Bob
Mah list is here: http://tinyurl.com/knlbzkb