This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If toxic doesn't affect steel types

#1SoothesayerPosted 4/22/2014 8:54:05 PM
Then how come confuse ray still works on normals?

Always baffled me really.
#2Inferno05Posted 4/22/2014 8:56:51 PM
Because Confuse can be caused by several types of moves, not just Ghost. Poison is only caused by Poison moves, so it makes a bit more sense.

Though Confuse Ray shouldn't work on Normal, nor should Hypnosis work on Psychics.
---
Pokemon X 1676-4937-5079 IGN: Reaga SV: 1734
#3mada7Posted 4/22/2014 9:00:09 PM
Inferno05 posted...
Because Confuse can be caused by several types of moves, not just Ghost. Poison is only caused by Poison moves, so it makes a bit more sense.

Though Confuse Ray shouldn't work on Normal, nor should Hypnosis work on Psychics.

Poison can also be inflicted by effect spore on non-poison types like shroomish and twin needle is a bug type move that can inflict poison but neither of them can poison steel types
---
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448
IGN Janine
#4Soothesayer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2014 9:00:40 PM
Twineedle causes poison though.

In fact steel types could be poisoned by it in Gen 2 but GF changed it.

Yet, they kept confuse ray's BS just to keep confusion as the most annoying status ailment.
#5RaltriosPosted 4/22/2014 9:06:45 PM
Well, it makes sense. Confuse Ray is just a bunch of flashing lights in front of your eyes. The only thing that shouldn't be affected by it is Zubat.
---
3DS FC: 3050 - 7604 - 7991 Friend Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
#6DarkKirby2500Posted 4/22/2014 9:09:37 PM
I could understand if a Steel Type Pokemon was practically completely metallic, it would be Poison immune. It does confuse me why mostly or clearly partially organic Steel Types like Lucario are Poison immune.

Not that I complain about this because my 2nd favorite Pokemon is Scizor, but I'm just saying.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#780s_MemoryPosted 4/22/2014 9:11:28 PM
Because thats the way the programers set it.
If you dont like it, why dont you do something about it?
---
In loving memory: The 80's
1980 - 1989 You will be missed, but never forgotten...
#8Soothesayer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2014 9:17:06 PM(edited)
Raltrios posted...
Well, it makes sense. Confuse Ray is just a bunch of flashing lights in front of your eyes. The only thing that shouldn't be affected by it is Zubat.

No it doesn't make sense because it flat out disregards core game mechanics.

Steel isn't affected by poison type, OKAY that makes sense. Normal isn't affected by the ghost type, but confuse ray(which is a ghost type move) works? Same thing with hypnosis and dark types really. Or swagger and ghost types. Defensive moves are different, since they aren't targeting a pokemon really, so I'm fine with light screen being used by a dark type and working for it. But debuffs/status should follow the type chart too, and not just some of them.
#9KillerMechanoidPosted 4/22/2014 9:18:19 PM
Same reason why Flying types are affected by Sand-Attack.
#10MrDerpFTWPosted 4/22/2014 9:18:25 PM
I hate how confusion doesn't count as a status. I alwaysfind that one guy that confusion+paralysis haxes me. >_<
---
This message is approved by Pedro the mighty. :{|
This message is not approved by Rodriguez The Herp-A-Derp. (. _ .)