This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If toxic doesn't affect steel types

#11RaltriosPosted 4/22/2014 9:37:50 PM
Soothesayer posted...
Raltrios posted...
Well, it makes sense. Confuse Ray is just a bunch of flashing lights in front of your eyes. The only thing that shouldn't be affected by it is Zubat.

No it doesn't make sense because it flat out disregards core game mechanics.

Steel isn't affected by poison type, OKAY that makes sense. Normal isn't affected by the ghost type, but confuse ray(which is a ghost type move) works? Same thing with hypnosis and dark types really. Or swagger and ghost types. Defensive moves are different, since they aren't targeting a pokemon really, so I'm fine with light screen being used by a dark type and working for it. But debuffs/status should follow the type chart too, and not just some of them.

Leer, a Normal-type move, works on Ghost types.
You wanna explain why a Ghost would be immune to STARING?
Screw game mechanics, we're talking common sense here.
---
3DS FC: 3050 - 7604 - 7991 Friend Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
#12RaltriosPosted 4/22/2014 9:39:49 PM
MrDerpFTW posted...
I hate how confusion doesn't count as a status. I alwaysfind that one guy that confusion+paralysis haxes me. >_<

Lum Berry = cured confusion.
It's a status. Just on a different plane from others. Like how Ancient Power says it boosts all of your stats, but excludes Accuracy and Evasion. They're stat boosts, just of a different persuasion.
---
#13Soothesayer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2014 9:42:34 PM
Raltrios posted...
Soothesayer posted...
Raltrios posted...
Well, it makes sense. Confuse Ray is just a bunch of flashing lights in front of your eyes. The only thing that shouldn't be affected by it is Zubat.

Steel isn't affected by poison type, OKAY that makes sense. Normal isn't affected by the ghost type, but confuse ray(which is a ghost type move) works? Same thing with hypnosis and dark types really. Or swagger and ghost types. Defensive moves are different, since they aren't targeting a pokemon really, so I'm fine with light screen being used by a dark type and working for it. But debuffs/status should follow the type chart too, and not just some of them.

So biting a ghost works, but punching it doesn't?

Don't you dare bring common sense into pokemon :P
#14MagikarpRulesPosted 4/22/2014 9:43:08 PM
KillerMechanoid posted...
Same reason why Flying types are affected by Sand-Attack.

Nailed it!
#15RaltriosPosted 4/22/2014 10:06:12 PM
Soothesayer posted...
Raltrios posted...
Soothesayer posted...
Raltrios posted...

So biting a ghost works, but punching it doesn't?

Don't you dare bring common sense into pokemon :P

An attack with clearly malicious intent would have more of an effect than a layman's right hook, yes. Spirits respond to these things.
But yeah, you're right - there's tons of stuff that doesn't make sense. But also plenty that does. Confuse Ray being one of them.
---
#16MissCarriagePosted 4/22/2014 10:09:03 PM
I don't like how Steel is immune to Poison. Poison attacks aren't just "poisonous" in nature, they are also acid based as well. Corrosive attacks like Acid should definitely deal Super Effective damage to Steel types, just as Freeze Dry is Super Effective to Water types.
---
"My breasts have never done anyone any harm, while bin Laden's war has caused thousands of victims." -Ilona Staller, Parliament
#17Real_ZaberzPosted 4/25/2014 1:21:00 PM
Because GF =/= Logic
---
inb4 Post
#18HandshakeGuyPosted 4/26/2014 1:09:52 PM
Considering Glare can still paralyze Ground types but Thunder Wave can't, it seems like the intention was for status moves to be included in type immunities, so TC is right, it's odd that Confuse Ray hits Normal-types if we're looking for consistency.

Though I guess it's more odd that Confuse Ray is a Ghost move then, like someone said it's just "flashing lights." That doesn't strike me as Ghost-like.
---
Pokemon Friend Safari - IGN: Percy | FC: 3754-7694-7724
Poison: Gloom, Ariados, Muk - Will add anyone!
#19EnlinoPosted 4/26/2014 1:15:20 PM
Raltrios posted...
An attack with clearly malicious intent would have more of an effect than a layman's right hook, yes. Spirits respond to these things.
But yeah, you're right - there's tons of stuff that doesn't make sense. But also plenty that does. Confuse Ray being one of them.

So, uh, what kind of intent is behind the right hook, exactly?