This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats better, Steel Flying or Ghost Steel?

#1_Candice_Posted 4/23/2014 2:37:13 PM
Im playing Volt White 2 and remembered Cofagrigus was retyped to Ghost Steel. I can catch Skarmory on the same route but wasnt sure which would be better.
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#2SoothesayerPosted 4/23/2014 2:42:03 PM
Remember this was back when steel resisted ghost.

I feel like for single player Cofagrigus might be better since Skarmory's strengths are more suited for PvP.
#3kirbydude385Posted 4/23/2014 2:46:01 PM(edited)
Going just by the type chart, Steel/Flying is better

2nd best defensive typing, 64th best offensive typing, and 9th best overall

Ghost/Steel is 3rd best defensive typing, 83rd best offensive typing, and 20th best overall

EDIT: Gah forgot about the type chart change from Gen 5 to 6. DIsregard the above

Ghost/Steel was the best defensive typing period in Gen 5, but its offensive power was a bit less than now.

But considering Cofagrigus and Skarmory aren't really meant to be offensive powerhouses, I'd say go for Cofagrigus
---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
5000-1900-5785 | IGN: Kairos | Trapinch, Camerupt, Palpitoad
#4RJrockstarPosted 4/23/2014 2:45:46 PM
Steel Flying
Weaknesses:Fire, Electric and 1000 Arrows.
Resistances: Poison(x0), Ground(x0), Steel, Grass(x1/4), Flying, Normal, Bug(x1/4), Dragon, Fairy, Psychic

Ghost Steel
Weaknesses: Ground, Fire, Ghost, Dark
Resistances: Poison(x0), Normal(x0), Fighting(x0),Bug(x1/4), Dragon, Fairy, Flying, Grass, Ice, Rock, Steel.

They are both really good, but I'd have to go with Flying Steel, weaknesses to Ground are never appreciated unless your name is Mega Aggron.
---
Pokemon X Friend Safari:Ghost- Shuppet, Pumpaboo, Golurk
FC is:4313-1594-4125 IGN:Faizmon
#5SorrySleepingPosted 4/23/2014 2:50:35 PM
If this is pre-gen6 Steel nerf, Steel/Ghost, as it is the best typing in the game.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
GameFAQ's Official Supporter of Boris (Angus)
#6_Candice_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2014 2:51:34 PM
Ok, sounds cool.

Im running Drizzletoad so Id think having Skarm in the rain would be good for ignoring its fire weakness but bad for electric.

On the other hand I pick up a ground weakness and normal fighting immunities by going Cofagrigus. Also, Cofagrigus having WoW may help my team.

Im running:

Poliwhirl (SS)
Elekid (Static/Motor Drive)
Lombre (Rain Dish)
Hitmontop (Bulk Up Intimidate)
Servine (Contrary)

So at this point would Skarm still be better?
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#7_Candice_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2014 3:43:39 PM
Bump
---
#8Real_ZaberzPosted 4/25/2014 12:18:22 PM
Cofagrigus might be better for you seeing that your team is weak to the Fire/Electric combo.

Skarm on the other hand can use fly, which is helpful ingame.
---
inb4 Post