This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats better, Steel Flying or Ghost Steel?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Whats better, Steel Flying or Ghost Steel?
2 years ago#1
Im playing Volt White 2 and remembered Cofagrigus was retyped to Ghost Steel. I can catch Skarmory on the same route but wasnt sure which would be better.
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
2 years ago#2
Remember this was back when steel resisted ghost.

I feel like for single player Cofagrigus might be better since Skarmory's strengths are more suited for PvP.
2 years ago#3
Going just by the type chart, Steel/Flying is better

2nd best defensive typing, 64th best offensive typing, and 9th best overall

Ghost/Steel is 3rd best defensive typing, 83rd best offensive typing, and 20th best overall

EDIT: Gah forgot about the type chart change from Gen 5 to 6. DIsregard the above

Ghost/Steel was the best defensive typing period in Gen 5, but its offensive power was a bit less than now.

But considering Cofagrigus and Skarmory aren't really meant to be offensive powerhouses, I'd say go for Cofagrigus
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
5000-1900-5785 | IGN: Kairos | Trapinch, Camerupt, Palpitoad
2 years ago#4
Steel Flying
Weaknesses:Fire, Electric and 1000 Arrows.
Resistances: Poison(x0), Ground(x0), Steel, Grass(x1/4), Flying, Normal, Bug(x1/4), Dragon, Fairy, Psychic

Ghost Steel
Weaknesses: Ground, Fire, Ghost, Dark
Resistances: Poison(x0), Normal(x0), Fighting(x0),Bug(x1/4), Dragon, Fairy, Flying, Grass, Ice, Rock, Steel.

They are both really good, but I'd have to go with Flying Steel, weaknesses to Ground are never appreciated unless your name is Mega Aggron.
Pokemon X Friend Safari:Ghost- Shuppet, Pumpaboo, Golurk
FC is:4313-1594-4125 IGN:Faizmon
2 years ago#5
If this is pre-gen6 Steel nerf, Steel/Ghost, as it is the best typing in the game.
~{Always Sleeping}~
GameFAQ's Official Supporter of Boris (Angus)
2 years ago#6
Ok, sounds cool.

Im running Drizzletoad so Id think having Skarm in the rain would be good for ignoring its fire weakness but bad for electric.

On the other hand I pick up a ground weakness and normal fighting immunities by going Cofagrigus. Also, Cofagrigus having WoW may help my team.

Im running:

Poliwhirl (SS)
Elekid (Static/Motor Drive)
Lombre (Rain Dish)
Hitmontop (Bulk Up Intimidate)
Servine (Contrary)

So at this point would Skarm still be better?
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
2 years ago#7
Bump
2 years ago#8
Cofagrigus might be better for you seeing that your team is weak to the Fire/Electric combo.

Skarm on the other hand can use fly, which is helpful ingame.
inb4 Post
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Whats better, Steel Flying or Ghost Steel?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived