This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fire Punch, Flare Blitz, Blaze Kick, Fire Blast

#21Corporal_CorpulPosted 4/24/2014 10:31:56 AM
Lich_Sandro posted...
Am I the only one that never liked having moves of the same type on a single poke when they first started?

You're not alone, my first Blaziken in Emerald had Earthquake, Blaze Kick, Sky Uppercut and Mirror Move.
---
If you can't see them, then they can't see you...
Does that mean blind people are invisible?
#22ScaldedBeaverPosted 4/24/2014 10:38:25 AM
When I was like 7, I had a Dragonite (in Gold) with Hyper Beam, Blizzard, Fire Blast and Thunder. I thought it was awesome. Dat pseudo-boldbeam combo. Then FB for some annoying ice pokes. And Hyper Beam for OHKO on pretty much anything. Unbeatable.
#23stupac85Posted 4/24/2014 11:01:13 AM
I remember my very first time playing Blue and how proud I was of my Vine Whip/Razor Leaf/Solar Beam/Cut Venusaur.

I also remember a few years later after I had learned more about how to put together proper movesets, I was challenged to a Gen 1 battle by my 7 year old cousin whose knowledge of Pokémon mostly consisted of the 30 or so episodes of the anime that she'd seen. It was embarrassing as she couldn't figure out why her Vulpix with Ember/Fire Spin/Flamethrower/Fire Blast was barely scratching my Blastoise and I think I actually gave myself a mild headache because of how hard I literally facepalmed when she asked how to make her Pikachu aim for my Nidoking's horn.
---
This is no time to be arguing about time! We don't have the time!
# of people who know the movie and character that quote is from: 24
#24metroidfan987Posted 4/26/2014 11:58:15 PM
Metronome. Looking for moves in all the right places.
#25metroidfan987Posted 4/27/2014 12:00:50 AM
stupac85 posted...
I remember my very first time playing Blue and how proud I was of my Vine Whip/Razor Leaf/Solar Beam/Cut Venusaur.

I also remember a few years later after I had learned more about how to put together proper movesets, I was challenged to a Gen 1 battle by my 7 year old cousin whose knowledge of Pokémon mostly consisted of the 30 or so episodes of the anime that she'd seen. It was embarrassing as she couldn't figure out why her Vulpix with Ember/Fire Spin/Flamethrower/Fire Blast was barely scratching my Blastoise and I think I actually gave myself a mild headache because of how hard I literally facepalmed when she asked how to make her Pikachu aim for my Nidoking's horn.

Ah, children :3 . Even at the age of 12, I had the sense to keep a normal move on my Charizard. Which of course, was slash. Back when "high critical-hit ratio" translated to 100% crit chance :3 .
#26sonic2307Posted 4/27/2014 12:06:43 AM
My first Charizard had Slash, Dig, Fire Spin and...... something else. With the lack of an in-game description I though Fire Spin is more powerful than Flamethrower (no thanks to the tcg).
---
I'm Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog.
3DS FC: 0962-9436-8898 Name: Shadow the Hedgehog Friend Safari: Kecleon, Aipom and Chansey
#27LaManoNeraIIPosted 4/27/2014 12:24:25 AM
He forfeited before he got to use Hyper Beam : (
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#28Dathedr-vodhrPosted 4/27/2014 1:07:51 AM
legendrider posted...
When I was a beginner, my Blaziken had Sky Uppercut, Fire Punch, Blaze Kick and Mirror Move.
I don't think I've ever had a Pokemon with 4 same type attacking moves

Did you even charizard bro?
if your charizard doesnt have these 4 moves, then your not ready for competitive my friend
heatwave
fire blast
blast burn
flamethrower

best. set. ever. period.
---
Origin ID-Dathedr-vodhr - Original Noshahr Shotgun Master OGPC ID#00044
FC: 1435 5375 1663 IGN: Dathedr Safari- Dragon - Sliggo, shelgon, gabite
#29saturo96Posted 4/27/2014 1:15:54 AM
Oh... it reminds me my days of making an Electabuzz with
Thundershock
Thunderbolt
Thunderwave
Thunder
those good old times =D
---
FC: 2320-7427-9523
IGN:Menardi
#30CakeOfLiesPosted 4/27/2014 5:25:11 AM
Dathedr-vodhr posted...
legendrider posted...
When I was a beginner, my Blaziken had Sky Uppercut, Fire Punch, Blaze Kick and Mirror Move.
I don't think I've ever had a Pokemon with 4 same type attacking moves

Did you even charizard bro?
if your charizard doesnt have these 4 moves, then your not ready for competitive my friend
heatwave
fire blast
blast burn
flamethrower

best. set. ever. period.

NO!

Ember
Flamethrower
Fire Blast
Fire Spin
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF