This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Blue Flare/Flash Fire problem?

#1samus_fan_um_usPosted 4/23/2014 6:43:56 PM
So I was just doing a random battle spot battle, and I get matched up with a guy who has Reshiram. I'm using the team i put together for the April Friendly, which has a Chandelure on it. Unsurprisingly, in the middle of the fight, Reshiram and Chandelure are facing off, and Reshiram uses Blue Flare. Which is a Fire-type move. And did not proc Flash Fire. Chandelure fainted.

What?

I see nothing anywhere that says Blue Flare isn't stopped by Flash Fire, so what just happened? The battle video is public, so if anyone wants to see, it's there, but it happened exactly as I've described it.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any insight as to why that would have happened, and could enlighten me.
---
If it ain't gamerscore, it ain't worth it.
#2RikiazPosted 4/23/2014 6:44:53 PM
Reshiram's Turboblaze is just like Mold Breaker and prevents Flash Fire from working.
---
Pokemon X/Y Friend Code: 0216-1793-7222 PM if you add me
Metang -- Ferroseed -- Klefki
#3Stormvale12Posted 4/23/2014 6:45:20 PM
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Turboblaze_%28Ability%29
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2852-7038-9140
Name: BlackSky94
#4SirPikachuPosted 4/23/2014 6:46:02 PM
Turbo Blaze.

It's a Mold Breaker copy cat. Abilities of the opponent don't stop moves.
---
3DS FC: 2380-3181-9777
Everyone call me elf monster
#5samus_fan_um_us(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2014 6:47:20 PM(edited)
Gorramit, I'd forgotten about that. Feeling a bit like an idiot right now.
Although you'd think an ability named TURBOBLAZE would do something a little cooler.
---
#6RikiazPosted 4/23/2014 6:49:08 PM(edited)
samus_fan_um_us posted...
Although you'd think an ability named TURBOBLAZE would do something a little cooler.

Yeah I think it's stupid that Reshiram and Zekrom just have Mold Breaker copies for abilities.

At least it's better than another legendary with Pressure.
---
Pokemon X/Y Friend Code: 0216-1793-7222 PM if you add me
Metang -- Ferroseed -- Klefki
#7samus_fan_um_us(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2014 6:57:43 PM
Rikiaz posted...
samus_fan_um_us posted...

Yeah I think it's stupid that Reshiram and Zekrom just have Mold Breaker copies for abilities.

At least it's better than another legendary with Pressure.

Although it would pretty cool if their abilities specifically countered Flash Fire and Volt Absorb by "overcharging" them and doing bonus damage. That's definitely something that would live up to their names at least a little
---
#8MagikarpRulesPosted 4/23/2014 8:59:08 PM
To me, it's just like a cooler-sounding name for another ability with the same effect. Like Rayquaza's Air Lock (that does exactly the same as Cloud Nine).