This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is MegaKazam horrible?

#11LRodCPosted 4/24/2014 8:44:21 AM(edited)
Mega Alakazam is a glass cannon. The only things that can outspeed the modest version are Accelgor, Mewtwo Y with max speed, other Mega Alakazam, Mega Aerodactyl, and every Deoxys form except D. Timid outspeeds or ties all of that except Deoxys Speed.

He's absolutely not a bad Pokemon. The only problem with him is that priority is rampant and he's extremely frail. Although this is also a problem with regular non sashed Alakazam.

I'd highly recommend him over Life Orb Alakazam.
---
3DS FC: 1461-6200-7452
GameFAQs: Moderating you for your opinion since 1999.
#12SilverZangoosePosted 4/24/2014 8:43:39 AM
Justwanttolook posted...
Mega Alakazam in itself is a very good Pokemon, BUT first of all magic guard Alakazam is better. Unlike Megazam it also hold an item, It also doesn't cost you your Mega Slot.

As it is there is no reason to use it. It's regular form has a better ability and can outdamage it.
So it's only merits are a bit higher speed and a situational ability.

It's "situational ability" isn't even that good. I once had one come in on my Dragonite and it traced Multiscale, which you'd assume would be a really good ability to get. It still failed to defeat my Dragonite even after that.
---
Zangoose is the one good Pokemon that came after Gen 1, everything else about Gen 3, as well as gens 2, 4, 5 and 6 is awful. I do not like Gen 3, just Zangoose.
#13cadrpearPosted 4/24/2014 10:02:46 AM
It's a fun day when Megazam traces Protean.
---
Tempted the devil with my song, got what I wanted all along.
#14DarkKirby2500Posted 4/24/2014 10:07:55 AM
Mega Alakazam isn't a bad Pokemon, it's just normal Alakazam is better because Magic Guard is actually reliable, and there are far better Pokemon that can utilize the Mega Slot better.

I don't know why people keep saying Mega Alakazam is the "worst" Mega though. It's still OU. There are Mega Pokemon that didn't even make OU.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#15pieman888888Posted 4/24/2014 10:09:24 AM
I don't get the Life Orb argument, nobody uses Life orb Alakazam, since it's pretty mediocre. 99% of the time people just use sash because Magic guard has very good synchro with sash.
#16pieman888888Posted 4/24/2014 10:11:08 AM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Mega Alakazam isn't a bad Pokemon, it's just normal Alakazam is better because Magic Guard is actually reliable, and there are far better Pokemon that can utilize the Mega Slot better.

I don't know why people keep saying Mega Alakazam is the "worst" Mega though. It's still OU. There are Mega Pokemon that didn't even make OU.

It's only OU because people still use the sash version. It's not OU because of it's mega.
#17DarkKirby2500Posted 4/24/2014 10:20:55 AM(edited)
pieman888888 posted...
It's only OU because people still use the sash version. It's not OU because of it's mega.

I believe Mega Alakazam still qualifies as an OU Pokemon, I don't think Mega Alakazam is UU.

Like I said, how can you say Mega Alakazam is the "worst" Mega when there clearly are Mega Pokemon that are worse than it. The fact that normal Alakazam is generally accepted as better than Mega Alakazam doesn't change that there are Mega Pokemon worse than Mega Alakazam, even if their Mega IS an improvement over their original form.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#18Godly_GoofPosted 4/24/2014 10:24:52 AM
Priority! Priority everywhere!
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#19aurumArgentumPosted 4/24/2014 10:26:11 AM
90-stat boost instead of 100.
---
I accidentally MK75
#20KzTxL7Posted 4/24/2014 11:58:22 AM
Mega Alakazam is simply the worst mega because its normal form is just genuinely better except in the very situational cases that Trace becomes useful.

There are very few relevant OU threats that outspeed Normal Alakazam anyway.
---
3DS FC- 1032 1840 6569